Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

US Police killing of 15 yo black girl Makiah Bryant MOD NOTE IN OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Overheal wrote: »
    Because you're simply regurgitating a bunch of talking points with those links that I've already exhaustively responded to in the past, on several occasions. tl;dr unless the killers in these chicago murders are cops equipped and hired by the taxpayer, they are not something that I have much control over. Police reform is an addressable problem.

What was more interesting in that same ad infinitum argument was you bringing up that he was a rapper, so it struck me as peculiar.

You're still dodging the questions asked though, about whether you have any evidence this rap artists prose was problematic?

Would recording himself pissing on a rivals grave not be problematic ??? Yes or no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I have yet to see the deleted statement but I havent seen him apologise to the officer. Hes all for responsibility unless its his.

He jumped the gun. Hes an overpaid fool.

https://twitter.com/ClayTravis/status/1389345918575652869?s=20

You're mad his apology didn't include the officer's feelings, fine.

Police reform is an addressable problem.

What was more interesting in that same ad infinitum argument was you bringing up that he was a rapper, so it struck me as peculiar.

You're still dodging the questions asked though, about whether you have any evidence this rap artists prose was problematic?

Are you suggesting that black on black crime in areas like Chicago is not an addressable problem?

As for the rapper thing, it's not the music per-se, it's the culture that surrounds it.

That's not an apology.

Hhhhh wrote: »
    Are you suggesting that black on black crime in areas like Chicago is not an addressable problem?

Police reform is overwhelmingly more addressable. Sorry for any lack of clarity in my previous statement.
    As for the rapper thing, it's not the music per-se, it's the culture that surrounds it.

Did this rapper have that culture?

That's not an apology.

The shoe fits.

553644.PNG

The shoe fits.

553644.PNG

He's not man enough to apologise properly , he just skirted around the issue , anyway you never answered my question

Would recording himself pissing on a rivals grave not be problematic ??? Yes or no

Just in case you didn't read the link I've copied it for you . strangely enough the cops truwd to save the girl , whereas her father got her killed

A Chicago rapper who got famous for posting a viral video on IG, where he urinated on his opps grave was shot this past weekend, and his 7 year old daughter was murdered in the ambush as well, MTO News has learned.

According to local reports, a 7-year-old girl is dead and her 29-year-old father hospitalized after they were shot in a McDonald’s drive-thru on Chicago’s West Side,

7 year old Jaslyn was rushed to the hospital after she was found in a bullet-ridden car sitting in a McDonald’s drive-thru. Unfortunately, the child was pronounced dead at the hospital.

Here’s video of police trying to rush the innocent 7 year old to the hospital:

Investigators said Jaslyn was hit multiple times around her body. Her father, a rapper named Tilla – real name Jontae Adams, 29 – was also shot multiple times in the upper body. He was taken to the same hospital as his daughter and was reportedly in serious condition, but expected to survive

Sorry I missed this Q earlier. Of course a public urination would be problematic. That doesn't directly connect to rapping though, which is what I found so damn interesting as a talking point.

Police reform is overwhelmingly more addressable. Sorry for any lack of clarity in my previous statement.

Hmm, I'm not so sure. I think the only way to really address the police issue is to have essentially a United States police department ie, all training is done, and standards upheld, by the one authority. It could be run similar to the marines with a collection of training centers, maybe East, West, North, South and center. That way all officers would be trained to the same standards. And it would do aay with the Mish mash of PD's, some of whom seem to receive completely sub par training. It'll never happen though, for a variety of reasons.

Did this rapper have that culture?

No but he exists as part of a culture that glorifies crime, murder, general law breaking etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,758 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Its not an apolgy to the person he wronged. Its a faux apology and you know it.

• Advertisement

Sorry I missed this Q earlier. Of course a public urination would be problematic. That doesn't directly connect to rapping though, which is what I found so damn interesting as a talking point.

I give up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

The shoe fits.

Nah man, that's in no way, shape or form an apology.

I'm just using this as an example so please don't take offence. If I called you a paedophile and you pulled me up on it, you'd expect an apology at the very least. Supposing I said I 'fuelled the wrong conversation', would you consider that to be an apology from me for calling you a paedophile? Not a chance is that a proper apology.

Hhhhh wrote: »
    Hmm, I'm not so sure. I think the only way to really address the police issue is to have essentially a United States police department ie, all training is done, and standards upheld, by the one authority. It could be run similar to the marines with a collection of training centers, maybe East, West, North, South and center. That way all officers would be trained to the same standards. And it would do aay with the Mish mash of PD's, some of whom seem to receive completely sub par training. It'll never happen though, for a variety of reasons.
    Absolutely agree with federal standards, it's just a long way from there to the current state, thousands of departments, sherriffs offices and jurisdictions. All with their own training and a lot of it is going to be glued in by union contracts.
    No but he exists as part of a culture that glorifies crime, murder, general law breaking etc.

Every culture has crime so that seems like an unreasonable charge.

I doubt very much that LeBron wrote it either.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Nah man, that's in no way, shape or form an apology.

I'm just using this as an example so please don't take offence. If I called you a paedophile and you pulled me up on it, you'd expect an apology at the very least. Supposing I said I 'fuelled the wrong conversation', would you consider that to be an apology from me for calling you a paedophile? Not a chance is that a proper apology.

You may disagree it is a "proper" apology, or qualify it as an improper/faux apology but we both apparently agree all the same it was one.

You may disagree it is a "proper" apology, but we both apparently agree all the same it was one.

Nope. I don't agree whatsoever that it is any form of an apology.

You may disagree it is a "proper" apology, or qualify it as an improper/faux apology but we both apparently agree all the same it was one.

I think you do be trolling half the time

Nope. I don't agree whatsoever that it is any form of an apology.

Fair enough, I'm of the opinion it was.

What's your opinion of the actions that the cop took in the Ma'Kiah Bryant case? Was the cop correct? Had he any other realistic options?

• Advertisement

You must be pretty disappointed in him since you saw no issue with the tweet at the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

What's your opinion of the actions that the cop took in the Ma'Kiah Bryant case? Was the cop correct? Had he any other realistic options?

He could have shot her in a non lethal part of the body

He could have identified himself as a police officer and she would have dropped the knife

He should have asked her nicely to drop the knife

Am I doing this right?

You must be pretty disappointed in him since you saw no issue with the tweet at the time?

It's hard for me to be "disappointed" in an athlete, when I am a huge nerd, an engineer, and have virtually no interest in sports. LeBron is not up on any sort of pedestal in my life. You?

I think as I mentioned before the cop didn't do anything wrong IMHO. Not that I don't think any and all of these type of cases should be adjudicated in a court room properly, not shielded from analysis by Qualified Immunity etc.; glad the cop had good aim, but his target was not clean, there were innocents in the line of fire.

It's hard for me to be "disappointed" in an athlete, when I am a huge nerd, an engineer, and have virtually no interest in sports. LeBron is not up on any sort of pedestal in my life. You?

So no answer, thought so.

So no answer, thought so.

You asked me about my emotional state. You asked if I was disappointed.

You did receive an answer: I cannot be disappointed by someone I have no interest in, much less any expectations.

If you are unsatisfied with that answer are you sure you asked me the right question?

• Advertisement

Why do you believe it was an apology.

Just because he expressed regret, doesn't make it an apology.

I think as I mentioned before the cop didn't do anything wrong IMHO. Not that I don't think any and all of these type of cases should be adjudicated in a court room properly, not shielded from analysis by Qualified Immunity etc.; glad the cop had good aim, but his target was not clean, there were innocents in the line of fire.

Just to be clear, you think every single police shooting should result in the officer being tried before the courts?

Why do you believe it was an apology.

Just because he expressed regret, doesn't make it an apology.

: an admission of error or discourtesy accompanied by an expression of regret
    a public apology
    bapologies plural : an expression of regret for not being able to do something
    I won't be able to attend. Please give them my apologies.

I said what I said.

Just to be clear, you think every single police shooting should result in the officer being tried before the courts?

Adjudication includes all manner of courtroom due process, including grand jury inquiries, etc. - nowhere did I say each should mandate a bench trial.

Police are an executive branch entity, that enforce a legislative branch law, if they kill someone in the course of duty the third branch should have involvement.

Adjudication includes all manner of courtroom due process, including grand jury inquiries, etc. - nowhere did I say each should mandate a bench trial.

Police are an executive branch entity, that enforce a legislative branch law, if they kill someone in the course of duty the third branch should have involvement.

I'm fine with some sort of investigative process whenever a police officer kills someone. I don't think every single case warrants a grand jury though. Some shootings are clearly justified from the get-go.

What investigation would you have carried out in the Ma'Kiah Bryant case? Would you suggest a grand jury for that or would you let the local prosecutor decide that the cop had nothing to answer for?

• Advertisement

: an admission of error or discourtesy accompanied by an expression of regret
    a public apology
    bapologies plural : an expression of regret for not being able to do something
    I won't be able to attend. Please give them my apologies.

I said what I said.

But his expression of regret was not directed at the right person.

If Im unable to attend something, I direct my apology at the correct recipients.

He nearly ruined this decent officers life, yet he directs his expression of regret to who? The criminal? The black population of America?

If I do something wrong that affects you and only you negatively, like call you a name for example, if Im I discover Im in the wrong i apologise to you, not to the wider boards.ie community.

You posting the definition of an apology is being obtuse and you know it. He hasnt the humility to admit when hes was wrong or say sorry to the person he wronged.

But his expression of regret was not directed at the right person.

If Im unable to attend something, I direct my apology at the correct recipients.

He nearly ruined this decent officers life, yet he directs his expression of regret to who? The criminal? The black population of America?

If I do something wrong that affects you and only you negatively, like call you a name for example, if Im I discover Im in the wrong i apologise to you, not to the wider boards.ie community.

You posting the definition of an apology is being obtuse and you know it. He hasnt the humility to admit when hes was wrong or say sorry to the person he wronged.

LeBron James thinks he's a crusader of social justice. He gets paid hundreds of millions by nike while the people how make his clothes/ runners work in sweatshops while getting paid peanuts . Does he not see the hypocrisy in that .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Marcos wrote: »
    Of course some would say that's too cynical a view. But how would they view
    a co founder of BLM Patrisse Cullors purchase of a $1.4 million Topanga Canyon house in LA to add to her three other properties costing $3 million. Not bad for a trained marxist eh? :rolleyes:

Fresh video on youtube - Patrisse Cullors labels Police "Terrorist Organization" at King’s College London as part of the Ferguson Solidarity Tour of the United Kingdom:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7fxgTbHERk

https://internewscast.com/unseen-video-blm-founder-labels-police-terrorist-organization-always-wanted-to-fight-them/

zom wrote: »
    Fresh video on youtube - Patrisse Cullors labels Police "Terrorist Organization" at King’s College London as part of the Ferguson Solidarity Tour of the United Kingdom:

https://internewscast.com/unseen-video-blm-founder-labels-police-terrorist-organization-always-wanted-to-fight-them/

Lol. What a silly woman.

Lol. What a silly woman.

Also rich, powerful and highly influential :(

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9583359/Marxist-Black-Lives-Matter-founder-Patrisse-Cullors-bemoans-racism-inside-housing-market.html

People who donate to BLM deserve to have their money embezzled, so fair play to that woman getting her nice house in L.A.

Let her have her blood money.

Sooner people ignore her the better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 FactsANDLogic

People who donate to BLM deserve to have their money embezzled, so fair play to that woman getting her nice house in L.A.

Several homes. One was not enough. And in the whitest of white areas too.

I'm starting to think people on the left may be hypocrites.

Several homes. One was not enough. And in the whitest of white areas too.

I'm starting to think people on the left may be hypocrites.

Lol.

Let her have her blood money.
    Sooner people ignore her the better.
    At some stage of "cult" development people believe and praise their leaders despite of blood etc..

• Advertisement

She's stepped down because "far-right attacked her". That makes sense. ;)

She's no longer part of BLM so no need to look into her finances, is that the game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

just to bring this to a close:

Grand Jury Rejects Charges in Ma’Khia Bryant Shooting Despite Media Outcry

Special Prosecutors H. Tim Merkle and Gary Shroyer presented the case to the grand jury and said that

“Under Ohio law the use of deadly force by a police officer is justified when there exists an immediate or imminent threat of death or serious bodily injury to the officer or another. The Franklin County Grand Jury has completed a full and comprehensive review of the incident and has returned no criminal charges.”

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Good. Though this will undoubtedly provide reason for “social unrest” again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,068 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Can only laugh at those behind a keyboard saying "he could have shot her in a non-lethal place". Very easy to talk rubbish when it's not you in a situation where your life or someone else' could be ended in a split second.

Post edited by Kermit.de.frog on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

Just watched the video again. How ridiculous that that ever had to come before a jury. And that unfortunate policeman having to wait a solid year to be cleared. Awful stuff.

Very sad that the little girl is dead but that’s all on her parents, no one else.

^^^^^

This. If you have a choice between a real charity and BLM and you pick BLM then the more of it that’s blown on luxury items the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,250 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

not ridiculous at all, the officer signed up for being investigated when he joined.

he will be fine and will get over it.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Advertisement

with the current lynch mob mentality in the US regarding the role of the police, cheered on by some major sports stars, he and his family will need to take care.

no police officers “signed up” for the level of abuse levelled on them at this time. I assume you agree?

Advertisement