Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Have to say I enjoyed it, along the film prequel to the series "Ferry'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭bullpost

Yep - very entertaining. I still have third season to watch but can vouch for first two.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,788 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Enjoyed it. You could watch 'Ferry' first as it shows how the lead character about. Not necessary but it is a bit of a waste to watch it after the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

F THAT

Netflix could soon make you pay up if you share your password with friends and family

“We’ve always made it easy for people who live together to share their Netflix account, with features like separate profiles and multiple streams in our Standard and Premium plans. While these have been hugely popular, they have also created some confusion about when and how Netflix can be shared. As a result, accounts are being shared between households — impacting our ability to invest in great new TV and films for our members.”

As explained by Varietythis new “add an extra member” feature will allow Netflix Standard and Netflix Premium subscribers to add “subsidiary accounts for up to two people they don’t live with.” Each of these people will gain their own profile and personalized recommendations – alongside their own login and password.

So how much will this cost? Netflix is testing this feature starting in Chile, Costa Rica, and Peru. The cost for adding a so-called “sub-member” will be 2380 CLP in Chile, $2.99 USD in Costa Rica, and 7.9 PEN in Peru.

https://9to5mac.com/2022/03/16/netflix-password-sharing-could-come-to-an-end/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭jj880

Imagine a family of 4 on the 4k sub. 1 moves out for work in another city / country and netflix tells the family they need to pay extra to keep them included in the sub. 😆. Jokers. If they try that they're off their heads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Have been curious about this. But realise now the only opinion I have ever heard on it is from Scroobius Pip (on his podcast), who is in it, so not sure that counts s any sort of recommendation.

Anybody watched it and have an opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,023 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So if someone watches on a tablet outside the house do they have to pay extra? Like are they going by IP address? Seems stupid.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Its a while since I saw it but thought it was excellent. Great cast.

*edit I'm assuming this is the Tom Hardy TV series we are talking about. Can't keep up with things so could be some other show called Taboo for all I know.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I saw it when it originally aired on the Beeb - I thought it was a pretty good premium TV drama, with a period setting but a fairly ruthless tone and occasional violent flourishes. For context, I have a lot of time for Tom Hardy and will try pretty much anything he's in. I do think it's worth watching at least the first episode to see if it's for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Taboo is superb, bleak 1800s stuff with hardy absolutely brilliant in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Would give Top Boy a go , Kind of an English version of the wire. New season out this Friday aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I don't think that the above scenario is even that outlandish. However, it's not the type behaviour they are looking at clamping down on.

I'd be curious to know how they would try implement such a restriction so it doesn't effect legitimate single household use while at the same time preventing accounts being shared with other households.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

☝️ Holy God that's the worst thing I've seen in ages. And I watched the Madea/Mrs Brown trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,609 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Soil (2021) Season 1(Flemish) - To revamp the family business, a young entrepreneur sets up a bold yet risky plan of importing soil from Morocco to bury his community's deceased

Rescued by Ruby (2022) - Chasing his dream to join an elite K-9 unit, a state trooper partners with a fellow underdog: clever but naughty shelter pup Ruby. Based on a true story.

Chappie (2015) - In a futuristic society where an indestructible robot police force keeps crime at bay, a lone droid evolves to the next level of artificial intelligence..

Added

also 'Borgen – Power & Glory' has a release date of June 2nd

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I can't get how that Meat Thermometer joke was the take and version they went with. It's awful; not often, or ever before, I'd find myself thinking I'd write a funnier gag lol.

Maybe theyll have a time limit. If you're out of the house for more than a week you pay up or get cut off 😆

Been watching Space Force with Steve Carrell and Jon Malkovich - first season I thought was fantastic, hilarious and heart warming. Second season half way through has totally fallen to pieces....

• Registered Users Posts: 31,594 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

A buddy I work with a lot's movie comes onto Netflix tomorrow (18th) - Black Crab.

Really looking forward to it... he did say he had some issues with Netflix over the edit, had to fight a lot of battles with them, won some, lost some. I'm sure it'll look great, and be pretty gripping regardless though!

Post edited by ~Rebel~ on

• Advertisement

Lots out today

Human Resources: Season 1 (2022) – Lovebugs, Hormone Monsters and a parade of other creatures juggle romance, workplace drama and their human clients’ needs in this Big Mouth spin-off.

Black Crab (2022) – To end an apocalyptic war and save her daughter, a reluctant soldier (Noomi Rapace) embarks on a desperate mission to cross a frozen sea carrying a top-secret cargo.

Cracow Monsters: Season 1 (2022) (Polish) – A young woman haunted by her past joins a mysterious professor and his group of gifted students who investigate paranormal activity — and fight demons.

Is It Cake? Season 1 (2022) – Skilled cake artists create mouthwatering replicas of handbags, sewing machines and more in a mind-bending baking contest inspired by a popular meme.

Windfall (2022) – Jason Segel, Jesse Plemons and Lily Collins star in this noir thriller about a man who breaks into a tech billionaire’s empty vacation home, only for things to go sideways when the mogul and his wife arrive for a last-minute getaway.

Young, Famous & African: Season 1 (2022) – This reality series follows a crew of famed, affluent stars as they work and play, flirt and feud in Johannesburg, South Africa.

Top Boy: Season 2 (2022) – Netflix’s revival of the British crime drama returns for a long-waited second chapter.

Standing Up (2022) Season 1 (French) - From juggling jobs to chasing viral fame: Making it in stand-up can be a messy business. But these four friends will risk it all to make the world laugh.]

Without Saying Goodbye (2022) (Spanish) - The opposite lives of a workaholic architect and a fiery artist are upended when their chance encounter in breathtaking Peru shifts their views on life..

The Cursed (2020) Season 1 (Korean) - A truth-chasing journalist goes up against the demonic CEO of an IT conglomerate with the help of a teenager with the ability to cast deadly curses..

Alessandro Cattelan: One Simple Question (2022) Season 1 (Italian) - Alessandro Cattelan searches for happiness through interviews and unique experiences with celebrity guests like Paolo Sorrentino and Roberto Baggio

Light the Night (2022) Part 3 (Mandarin) - In the red light district of 1980s Taipei, women at a popular Japanese night club navigate jealousy, heartbreak, friendship and love.

The Witch (2015) - Believing that a witch has cursed their family, pilgrims homesteading on the edge of a primeval New England forest become increasingly paranoid.

Animal (2022) Season 2 - This immersive series follows the world's most magnificent creatures, capturing never-before-seen moments from the heartwarming to the outrageous.

Added

Return to Space | Official Trailer 

• Registered Users Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Just started the new Season of Top Boy…might be a bit of a bus man’s holiday but I’m loving it.

Bad Vegan is great.

Its along the same lines as another recent top viewed show but its even loopier. Well worth watching.

Google Sarma after finishing it. It gets even stranger. She was up to all sorts that Netflix didn't include.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

4 episodes into the new top boy, and very little has happened so far. It’s been a bit disappointing, Innnit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Ah shite I’m looking forward to it, I need me food bruv

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,788 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

• Registered Users Posts: 31,594 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Glad to hear it! Gonna watch it myself tonight (west coast time zone).

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

First couple of episodes are a bit slow but it definitely picks up after the first few.

• Advertisement

Heartland (2021) Season 9 - Spunky teenager Amy is reeling from the sudden death of her mother when she and her grandfather are threatened with the loss of their horse ranch.

Added

Advertisement