Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 months free Apple+ TV with Currys Perks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭ablelocks

did anyone actually get a code yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭tomfoolery60

No sign of it here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

is apple tv an app or a device?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭bromley52

Similar to NOW it's available on a device or standalone app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

its just that when i tried to download it on my samsung tv it didn't come up in results?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Saw this on hukd, you will need a spare iphone, a vpn for the uk and create a new apple id to avail of this deal. When I used a vpn on my phone it wouldn't work.

why would you need to do all that when it's listed on the currys.ie website?

I must have signed up on the UK site by mistake, the code is inside an email currys send, you should have it after a day or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Nothing received here. I opted out of SMS but kept emails. I registered the day it was posted.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Registered there now and got an email about 5 minutes later acknowledging the sign up but no code yet

We've received your details, so what's next?You'll be pleased to know your form reached us safe and sound. For now, there'll be a couple of days processing the information before you start receiving Perks communications from us, including any special benefits you are eligible for.

You don't need to do anything else for now. Just sit back and let the good stuff happen.

From now on, we'll get in touch using the methods you left selected - Email, SMS or both.

If you opted out of both boxes. That is unfortunate. This is only a notification we received your submission, but we won't send further marketing unless you change your mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭tomfoolery60

I have this same email and nothing else that I can see. My email was on Feb 3 though, so some time has passed at this stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭a2deden

Its gonna take a month, i signed up back when it was announced and got it a month later. it runs out for me March. See is decent but its doesnt have huge catalog

Severance looks interesting. For all Mankind is another great series

Oh i also liked Foundation, but in general its light with a few decent shows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Not sure about this promotion, but Apple promotions are normally setup with a generic link (e.g. https://redeem.apple.com/currys was used before). There may be no code and you just need the correct link.

Actually, looking at the thread on HDUK - nobody there got any link (or code) either. Not surprised, Currys are useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 alongjourney

Edit removed.

I signed up off HDUK and got a link but there was also a code too in the email, but it was geolocked to the UK so no good over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭BoxerX

Signed up 4 weeks ago and nothing yet.

Tried again 2 days ago with a different email address, still nothing.

I'm guessing its either not really available in Ireland, or its an contact information gathering exercise.

It is available. I signed up to the parks about 1 year ago and forgot about it. When I saw this thread I searched my email and found a code in November.

• Advertisement

Signed up a few weeks ago, no email about Apple TV - but they had no issue with sending me offers! Useless crowd.

I had to tweet them to get anything, eventually got it and watched it once lol

I had already watched the best stuff they have

By using a week trial in December. It doesnt have a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭bugsyb4

Pure pot luck if you get send code for it.

I have used different emails at same time and at one stage personal email got code (using now) and there recently work email got a code. I think just keep signing up if doesn't work the first time!!!

If someone needs to do this and has a gmail account, just add a . anywhere in the email and it will count as a new email but deliver to your inbox, eg boards@gmail.com and b.oards@gmail.com will both count as separate emails but deliver to same inbox, I use this for prime free trials and other things.

i've been emailing them for the last couple of weeks - irish team weren't sure what the story was to start off with, so got their uk team involved. uk team issued pictures of the promotion, then a link to the perks page, then a code that was only valid for the UK.

finally got a link today from Irish team to discover it's for new accounts only, which isn't mentioned on the Perks landing page. So I've asked them to send one that works for existing subs (if they don't, i'll just use the link they sent me and sign up with a different address)

from looking a the apple page, it seems to be a specific code for me, so i can't post the link

You’re getting further than me, I’ve given up. The offer should be 2 months for existing users, 3 months for new.

Anyways, not pursuing further. Curry’s, as expected, haven’t thought this one through.

I went to their Liffey Valley store recently. Store was messy with half empty shelves and whatever they had was old stock (but at full price).

Post edited by JDxtra on

now that i seem to be getting somewhere, i'll keep on it.

• Advertisement

do you have a link to where is says 2 months for existing

i got a reply today to say it's only for new subs.

I've asked for a screenshot of where it says that on the offer page, cos i can't find it on the offer page (wouldn't surprise me if it is there though, i've only had a scanty look a the offer page)

Advertisement