Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To Mask or not to two - Mask Megathread cont.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

I've got a horrible suspicion I'll have to wear a mask again later this year

I reckon the government will either recommend or mandate them again and shops will enforce it

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

If it's a recommendation (as it is now) then it's up to the individual. No problem with that. I won't be wearing one, but anyone else can work away.

If it's mandated it's a bit different, not just from a individual perspective in terms of penalties, but for a shop or business there would be insurance implications if they didn't at least try to enforce it.

Leo will be getting ready to take over again though by the time we get to autumn (unless that Garda investigation he's embroiled in gets awkward), and with him it could go either way depending on what he thinks will serve him and his twitter account best.

I'll hold my breath til we get through this winter

Theres still a lot of of mask talk about

Best solution imo is if the vulnerable wear high grade masks rather than everyone back wearing them again

The mask talk will continue as long as some think there's mileage in it to keep themselves relevant or paid in media interviews.

As a whole, we are a risk averse, conservative country when it comes to things like this and we don't like standing out from the herd, but also crave validation. For a country like ours where many are obsessed with keeping up with the neighbours or complaining about what they're getting or getting away with while demonstrating how compliant they themselves are, masks and mask mandates have been the perfect outlet.

The irony and outright contradiction this represents when many will be out cheering LGBT floats later on and the freedom of choice, individuality, personal rights, and freedom from insult or persecution they represent will be completely lost on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Your posts are getting more and more ridiculous. You seem very confused individual. So just to help you out. This is not a Tinder or some similar app, this is not boards.ru etc. Amount of rubbish you keep piling up in your posts is endless. Anyway good luck with it and goodbye!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,346 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I don't care what's mandated or requested or whatever.. I won't be wearing a mask again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

Personally I'm done with masking. In Italy they still have vaccine and mask mandates like it was 2020. We are one step away from that

Media has people panicking about hospital numbers up

A lot only see the headline

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭DLink

I'm not one bit confused at all, I know a stupid post when I see one, and stupid posts get stupid replies. Simples.

covid is in the past, time to move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

This thread has been taken over by the now fervent anti-mask crowd. There is no longer a discussion. It's shouting at those who have any opinion other than "NO MOAR MASKSEHS!!1!". 15 years posting on this site, and the first and only 2 uses of Ignore from this thread alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭snowcat

I see a lot of our less desirables wearing masks at the moment. Its a good excuse. Prisoners on remand. Scumbags walking the streets with Canada Goose Jackets and masks. Under 18's obviously concerned for their well being from this terrible virus wearing face coverings.

It's not anti-mask crowd. Mostly it's usual mob moving across all COVID threads. Coming in waves, just like the virus do.

Well what do you expect after we've had masks literally rammed down our throats for 18 months by the government and pro-maskers?

The tables have finally turned.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 thechigger

Forgot my mask today, went into a shop without one for the first time in a few years. Honestly felt good, especially considering the last time I forgot my mask I used one I found on the ground so I could go in and buy another

• Registered Users Posts: 5,579 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

I don't engage in that but to be fair ye are really just getting a bit of your own medicine back.

The dubious hyperbole we had to listen to for the bones of 2 years... Anti-science yadeeda... Its no rocket science... Struggling to feel sorry tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

• Registered Users Posts: 15 thechigger

Honestly the whole story is "id rather take my chances with whatever ungoldy things this mask has seen than pay a big fine or walk all the way home" lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 32,553 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Errrrr....are you serious?

Could you not have just explained in the shop?....they might have just let you buy one...or give you one...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

All I ever asked was for people to follow the regulations as given by the government. Everyone thinks they know better. They don't. Once masks were dropped, I said I had no problem with it. But it's exactly as I predicted, people who choose to continue to wear them are targets now. And it's open season to have a go at their mental health. I have, and will continue, to call anyone who was anti-mark during the majority of this pandemic as a selfish person. But the requirement is gone, so I no longer look for people to wear one, I just hope they do if they have any symptoms. But they won't. Anti-mask posters on her admitting to being that person who goes out of their way to mess with those who still mask up. Admitting to deliberately standing too close or deliberately coughing near masked people. It's completely selfish, scumbag behaviour and I will continue to call that out.

I also don't understand why people, who are so happy to finally be rid of masks, are still actively engaging in a thread about wearing masks now that the requirement is gone. If it was so bad, why are they still posting? I'd be happy to be rid of something that annoyed me for 2 years, so much that I wouldn't even post in a thread about it anymore. It's like they get enjoyment out of putting others down. Pure bully behaviour. And one poster in general openly and proudly admitting to being a complete and utter cock for no reason other than to be a complete and utter cock. That's far worse than someone who is most likely freaked out about a pandemic. Pandemic.

• Advertisement

I'm anti mask for myself but pro mask for anyone that wants them

The way I see it if the vulnerable mask themselves up properly it takes away the need for the rest of us to wear them

Quite happy with a mix going forward

• Registered Users Posts: 29,283 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Well you are assuming the vulnerable can mask up properly, if by that you nean k95s... if they have conditions affecting breathing they are likely to be those who genuinely have difficulties. Unlike the fake ones who looked for fake doctors notes...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

1. You don't need to wear a mask in shops. It's a recommendation, not a requirement
    2. You've previously picked up a random used mask from the ground and used that??
    3. WTF??! This story alone (if it happened) does more to discredit the use/value in masks than anything I've seen here yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

Masks will be back again in a few weeks. Everyone seems to be getting it now.

Just watching the late late show and it's sad to watch. The audience are all masked up but they seem to have loads of guests at the same time and no guest masked up. It doesn't make sense at all.

@fun loving criminal

Nothing in this ever really did. Glad you're coming to that realisation too, better late than never.

What exactly is everyone getting now?

The vast majority of people I see around me have ditched masks at this stage.

Oh no, I always knew none of it made sense like the €9 meal.

Only a few days ago news that they want to reinforce messaging but then masks for one group and not the other. But they're so afraid to lead by example and have Ryan Tubridy masked up.

• Advertisement

I don't even try to make sense of stuff anymore. Nothing will come off it anyway. Lets all just hope we can put this episode behind us for good.

Advertisement