Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Atrier

Hi there, congratulations! Do you mind me asking are you inter or open? Thanks a lot and well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dubjane

Email to log on to Public Jobs and 20 minutes later a call from new employer asking when I was starting, had barely finished reading the email ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dubjane

I applied for both, was in 4.2 batch open 34 and inter 17 for Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Its actually not a bad spot. Dealt with a few people in there in the past

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭MrsBean

Is anyone else from batch 4.2 going through clearance yet?

Hi there, I’ve sent back all forms, reference details etc but they haven’t contacted my manager yet. I got an out of office from the guy looking after my clearance he’s off this week so maybe that’s the hold up. I hope….

• Registered Users Posts: 8 thereyouarenow

Hi, I am Batch 1.3 for Louth, OOM in top 5. I emailed last month and they told me there are 2 candidates ahead of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 dd123456

Hi just wondering how you know batch number and OOM as I only got an email with this message

“Whilst you have reached the required standard in these tests, you are not among the initial group of successful candidates that we are currently inviting to interview.  

You may, however, be called to interview at a later date and we will be in touch with details at that time.”

do you only know batch number and OOM when or if you are called for interview

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mcg_philip

When does this competition end? I have received this same message about results in mid-april.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭furrybones

PAS have said they won't be taking any more from this competition after June 2022. If that's still the case, the new competition should be opening in the not too distant future.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭furrybones

Once you complete the etray, PAS send you a message through your public jobs account advising you of your result. In that message it will state which batch number and OOM you are.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sab_kt

Thank you . I have just sent them an email

• Registered Users Posts: 16 rose1010101

Has anyone been placed with the courts service? How long was it from your assignment notice did they get in touch?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sab_kt

• Registered Users Posts: 5 odracir

Hey guys,

Quick Question regarding dress code.

I heard the Dept of Justice can be quite strict in their dress code. Do EOs have to wear a full business suit or could it be smart casual (business) similar to most of the other Depts? I have been offered a position with the DOJ and would need to go shopping beforehand. Thank you 🙏🏼 :)

P.S. I do not know what location I would be posted to yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭MrsBean

Used to work in justice and I wore smart casual as an EO. Best advice I can give is to turn up in shirt and tie/blouse and slacks on day one and scope out what others are wearing. I highly doubt business suit required.

Edited to add that many of my colleagues just wore what they liked - jeans and jumper etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 fire fly

Is that the open or interdepartmental for wexford?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sara86

For anyone in the Wexford batch 3.2. I have just emailed clearance and they have confirmed they have not yet began to call candidates from this batch.

*Open panel

Post edited by sara86 on

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Annie K64

Thanks for that, it's good to know. Hopefully it won't be long before they start calling.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Redsettee90

Has anyone had any contact about Limerick. Did interview in August thought it would be pretty quick from then but all quiet. Starting to think they may not call anyone. I was in the top 15 after E-tray thought Limerick would have lots of positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭VitreousLife

Can someone tell me if it’s possible to revert back to your clerical officer job?

The job I’ve been assigned is just not for me. Not the Executive Officer role but where I’ve been placed.

I’ve given it almost 3 months now and I just can’t deal with the location of the job or the lack of work all together..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Yes i believe you can request to revert back if you feel that strongly. A colleague of mine did last year

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭VitreousLife

And would you know who I contact?

Just PAS?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭blondie007

Oh no, so sorry to hear this after all your efforts. As far as I know it's possible to revert back to CO & if you do it within a 6 month timeframe-you can make a case to PeoplePoint to reinstate your CO mobility list before your promotion. I'm not sure though who to contact to revert back. If you're a union member-I'd ask them for guidance, or contact PAS. I'm not especially happy where I've been placed either so I'd be interested to know how you get on so would you mind letting us know when you get some answers please ? Really hope it works out for you, best of luck.

Hi all, is anyone else from the open competition stuck in the pre employment checks, still awaiting Garda vetting to come through etc? Mines in progress since 4 March and referees still not contacted. Thanks a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Summergirl500

Hi. Just wondering if you are already working as a CO and get moved to another Dept as an EO can you carry over your annual leave from last year with you? Also if you are over half way to your next increment and the next increment as a CO will be above the starting salary of EO do you still start on the first point on the EO scale? Thanks.

Advertisement