Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Yep, supposedly he is out with illness??. Hopefully he will be back after the international break

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Trent can't miss City.

Even against Arsenal, his ability to find a long pass while we're under pressure kept Arsenal honest at the back in that first half.

He's one of about 5 players that we can't really afford to be injured for an elite game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Benfica

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Ah nice pity city didnt get bayern

home the second leg too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Noice one.

The Madrid clubs will be tricky for City and Chelsea

Unreal draw again.

Benfica will be tough, but Atletico will be a pain in City's hole.

Benfica, then Bayern in semi. Not bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Its gonna be City in the final, isnt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Im like a dog with 2 mickies after that draw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Got to be happy with that draw.

Always had a certain fondness for Mikael Silvestre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Nice draw but Klopp will take nothing for granted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Best we could hope for really .

On paper easiest QF we could get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

I think this means our game with city will move to Saturday now with us on either side of the draw

So if UEFA could do us 1 more favour and have us Tuesday/Wednesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Very happy. Bayern beatable over 2 legs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Robert2014

Trent would be a huge miss Vs City. Milner was lucky to stay on the field in the last game and we would miss his creativity also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

If Carlsberg did champions league draws...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭cmac2009

That will be some run of fixtures starting from 5/6th April. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bayern are very very strong this year and the ones I felt would go all the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I really fear Chelsea in the Champions League... they have nothing to play for in the league and Tuchel seems to be a good cup manager.

Atletico won't fear City at all imho....they've knocked ourselves and Utd out in recent seasons

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

Jaysus I wouldn't agree with that, thought they have never looked as suspect. Good at putting dross to the sword, but vulnerable looking against higher quality opposition (well more vulnerable than usual).

Best draw we could have got. I'd take Bayern in a semi over Chelsea, City, Real Madrid and even Atletico (who we obviously beat earlier but may be different animal now).

Actually have a sneaky feeling they will turn over City, there's no other side who be as happy to have feck all of the possession as Simeone's Atletico.

Another Liverpool v Real Madrid final lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Does anyone know how to get about getting a ticket for a PL match next season at Anfield.

I was looking to next season, but they all seem sold out. So me and by friends have decided to try get whatever we can get for next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I don't think they will have each half of the draw on the same day this time. Because both Madrid teams are in the top half and both play at home in the second leg, therefore they will need to swap the days around. So in theory City and Liverpool could still get the same rotation. It would probably be fairest if that happened anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Nice draw that but there is a reason Benfica have got that far. Take nothing for granted.

Think Athleti might shithouse their way to a victory over city, but the odds aren't good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

As good a draw as you could hope for bar the possible semi being a home first leg. Really looking forward to the run in now. Huge games every week.

Liverpool to win quadruple down to 25/1. I think these odds will shorten 😍

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭redlad12

Tbh it's gotten so bad that you kinda just need to shell out for it. Sportsbreaks.com is an official sponsor, I've used them a few times. Ends up being 400 quid , you get your hotel , great seats and lounge access. I've gone over loads of times not through it but you never really knew you were going till the ticket was in your hand , and ud rarely if ever be with someone/your group and it was still 100 quid.

Our first leg Tuesday April 5th with the return the following Wednesday 13th.

City play Wednesday April 6th so an extra days rest for us before we play them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

If City are playing on the Tuesday in the 2nd leg means the League game is moved back to the Saturday at 5:30pm

• Advertisement

Even better. Thats a much better time for a blockbuster game imo. Sunday afternoons are rubbish.

Give's Trent a day less to be fit for it though🤔

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Both Liverpool and Man City are playing on the same nights, so the league game will remain on the Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Robert2014

Hopefully it will be like that time when we had Porto in the quarters and we all turned over to watch Spurs dump City out of the Champions League 😀

Yeah just saw that. On their website earlier it had them for the Wednesday. Probably just the generic fixture at that point. Shame.

We'll still twat them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Damien360

Haven’t seen Benfica play any game other than highlights of Bayern games. They were battered. Even looking at their league and cup form, it’s not great for them. We should cruise through those games but Bayern is going to be tough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Their form has actually been patchy enough recently. They've let Dortmund back into the title race on the back of it when it looked over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

We've had some fantastic draws this year. I said it the other day, Benfica had Otamendi and Vertonghen playing CB and Taarabt playing in midfield. A couple of pensioners against our attack and a lad who likes to jog about in midfield (at least he did when he played in England) is not a good starting point against us. They're also 3rd in the Portuguese league, 12 points behind Porto and we've seen how good Porto are.

Great draw and hopefully Atletico drive Pep and City crazy a few days before our game.

Now for us and Everton to progress in the FA Cup and we get them in the semi to cap off a great season of cup draws.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

Thank Christ for that. I’m travelling on the 9th all day so if the game was moved I’d have missed it which would have been devastating personally

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Couldn’t ask for a better draw and if we win getting Munich over two legs is also a good result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

After the City / Palace game , Gary Neville made the point that Liverpool have an advantage now over City with more ruthless strikers. Was thinking this was dubious as City had still amassed more points than us to this stage of season so it didn't seem to affect them up till now.

Then I thought about that Firmino finish to put Arsenal's lights out, and thought about Silva having a similar chance and whacking the keepers nut instead of finishing it.

Mod Edit

Warning issued.

Post edited by ShamoBuc on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I've joined the wait list to sign up for a membership, hopefully that helps. I'm not fussy about games, I know having no match history will not help.

If I get no joy, I'll just shell out. I want to see a match, hopefully I get the experience.

We need to stop this.

I know you're not saying we'll win it, but that word needs to be banned from our fanbase.

If we win either the Premier League or Champions League from here, it's an incredible season.

If we win the FA Cup, it'll be one rung down from that.

I won't accept that the Quad is even a possibility unless the League is won and we're in the final of the other 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,093 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

He missed the City game earlier in the city too iirc, as did Thiago. Having those sort of players that can play a quick pass breaking the lines before City get the chance to tactical foul and stop the counter attacks are so vital.

No offence to Milner & Hendo, but they don't offer that particular skill as good as those 2. Keita, Jones, Ox either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Get Gomez playing now and get his match fitness up to speed

Fcuk it forgot about the international break.

• Advertisement

Ah it's fun to think about it! Even the players were all out after the League Cup win saying different variations of 'one down...' or '1/4. Hungry for more.' (Salah and Trent for example). They're talking about it, we can dream about it too. Winning either of the big one's is a fantastic season. And it get's better with each trophy you can add to it.

Just a league cup will be a little disappointing. I'd be happy enough without being over the moon if only the FA Cup was added. Either of the big ones added and it's celebration time. We've had decades of either not being in contention or just falling short. This season could be the best one most of us have seen as a fan, it could be the best in the history of the club. Enjoy every game and have a little fun with it!

I don't think we will win all four, as all it needs is one game to screw it all up but can we? We definitely can but it's a very outside chance.

The 'more ruthless' point is far too simplistic.

The two teams play utterly different brands of football. Essentially, ours is high risk, quick and direct, while theirs is low-risk possession based.

They are ruthless, in that if you're not elite, and you go down a goal, they are unbelievably efficient at keeping the ball away from you.

We are ruthless in terms of how we attack relentlessly, but we give teams more chances than City.

Post edited by ShamoBuc on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I’m not buying the Trent injury to be honest. The timing and circumstances of it are all too convenient and would remind me of what Ryan Giggs used to do before international breaks (in footballing terms).

On another note, if there’s a human sized roll of cotton wool available anywhere in the world, I hope it’s shipped to Kirkby ASAP so they can wrap Thiago in it for the next three weeks.

Do we know how many of our players are called up internationally?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Just look up the meaning of the word "possibility" and you'll discover the Quad is a possibility. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement