Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,950 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Social media in general. I'm on Facebook, only because cousins etc from around the world post , and a few friends I don't see.

I clicked on dating. Actually talking to a woman, but it's the bots I can't deal with. eg Located in Dublin, Athlone etc. "You are very handsome. I don't use this software often. Add me on WhatsApp. My no. Is +44 12÷4567.

Always with a photo holding their phone blocking their face, or a big booty shot.

And it's the same ass !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

Seppos who call St Paddy's Day "st patty's day"

People who add "the" in front of words that dont commonly have "the" in front of them like "the topshop", "the electric picnic", "the covid", Nevin Maguire talking about "the christmas"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

She's a child! 😂😂

May as well at this to a new TA. Racist teenagers.

https://youtu.be/GdrGComDQNE

difficult to know her age going by that photo,,, presume she's old enough to draw the dole at least, if she's going on a march (if that was indeed what she was doing) about "foreigners taking our jobs" 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I could've left that there and not corrected ya, you know 😂😂😂

Her attitude is learned behaviour no doubt. Listening to her bigoted family too much.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That video ^^^^^^^^ is shocking.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Helping to clear out an old neighbours house of some stuff they no longer need or want. After clearing a lot, there was a kids electric ride-on jeep that she said was there since lockdown started (bought the christmas just before). Mostly unused, almost brand new, covered with a plastic sheet with a couple of other kids toys in it. bagged up the toys, got the ride-on into the car with some difficulty, drove to the nearest svp charity shop a few miles away. Unloaded the car, took the ride-on out (with some difficulty) and into the store. It had plug etc. and was working perfectly.

SVP won't take it because it's 'covered' in dust. They don't have time to clean it. I pointed out it doesn't need a cleaning, a wipe down with a dry cloth or a damp cloth would have it perfect (not covered in dust either, dust on it though). Told me they are all volunteers etc. no time. As I am bringing the ride-on back out and trying to fit it back into my car, an elderly man saw me and must have seen or heard what was happening, said his grandkid could use it, offered me cash. I declined the cash, but gave it to him anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,302 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Im done with the number of pure thick useless cünts working in retail in this country…

ordered a pair of mid priced sunglasses as a backup for my Raybans..

for 45 euros I wasn’t expecting a fancy case but a proper glasses bag / sleeve would have been a minimum expectation.

they arrive in a box, wrapped in brown paper.

the first pair to arrive, are scratched.

i order a second pair to be sent free of charge, but on opening the box, the glasses are in perfect nick but still have the security tag attached… I look at them with various implements to detach but it will damage the glasses if I try…

If you have a job of wrapping and boxing you can’t very well not see a big fücking plastic security tag as pictured above.

so I have to spend 60 minutes of my Saturday tomorrow going there, back and Qing to talk to someone about unlocking this tag….because some moron(s) can’t use their eyes / common judgement on two occasions … firstly scratched, secondly locked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Broke my own rule about going to IKEA on a weekend. Mother of god, walking brain donors everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,493 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

These kind of Tweets. It's well known now that not every business takes card and sometimes card machine can actually go down. Just keep keep a bit of cash on you and get over yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,302 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

What’s with this ‘the’ carry on… ? is it a new phenomenon or something older that I just didn’t notice? an acquaintance of mine used to be always at this…seems quite bizarre…

im off to ’the’ Primark, off ‘the’ Smiths pub, I have ‘the’ college tomorrow…

I just thought it was a personal eccentricity of hers but loads of mid twenties are at this craic..

I have the opposite TA. People who call Tesco , Tesco's.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,188 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The annual pleading and begging for special treatment for Illegal Irish.

Plastic clothes pegs. They're bad for the environment and they're an inferior product to their wooden cousins.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

New users who've clearly found the site via a Google search for something weirdly specific and spend their entire first day spamming the place by dragging up ancient threads nobody was even arsed replying to during their first incarnation 13 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

It's not always new users.

The resurrection of zombie threads is a real issue since the migration.

• Advertisement

47 days,, TA must be more info to be secreted away that's likely not/unable to be subject to GDPR laws, than what i thought i had 😒

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

"Thread Necromancers" as they used to be called on a video game forum I was part of a while back. Resurrecting ancient and long dead threads.

This morning's TA is that the bus this morning was stupidly warm and stuffy. It was a relief to get out into the fresh air. When I was walking to Costcutter I got the stench of tobacco smoke from some poxy smoker which caused me to start empty reaching outside the shop 🤢

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Agree about the smoke, I find it so sickening. Played golf yesterday and one person in the group smoked their way around the course. Even in the wide open space it was impossible to stay downwind of the fumes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Me in this case,

I had a rush of mammy hormones and told my proof-reader there was no rush on the piece I had sent them and monday after the bank hol would be fine(even tho my inner voice was telling me to stop as that never ends well)

Unsurprisingly its not arrived back yet and Im raging!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Another TA in the same vein,

Due to a querk in my brain its not at all good for me to be subjected to a lot of bad news(my barriers for this have gotten thinner in the past few years and now its trips off the obsessional part of my brain)

After finding the news bulletins' and video's on twitter of the happenings in Ukraine(a country where I've had a lot of colleagues from) so overwhelming, I took myself off twitter and stopped having the radio on in the background, felt much better.

Got fed up over the bank hol and had a sneak peek on twitter, caught up with some ppl and then in rapid succession saw info on a woman trying to get back to poland to collect her cat and a man who tortured and killed puppies he got off facebook.😭😭x1000.

I should have listened to my inner voice sreaming step away from the sm bb!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Why is it that the geebags with the overflowing trolleys who never let anyone go ahead of them in Lidl are ALWAYS the ones who pack at the till too???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭sporina

bought new socks and it seems that fluff is coming off them and sticking to my feet thus blocking the shower drain

grr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I always have that problem with black socks for some reason. I stopped buying black socks years ago as a result. My feet would be destroyed with black fluff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I went to make tea and my favourite cup wasn't in the press, not happy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

2 weeks off work and my boss rings me in the middle of it this morning while I was in bed. I didn't answer as it would enable him to do it again and again. Ffs, I applied online, set up an out of office email, left instructions with my colleague who could help.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement