Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,311 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Half decent recovery after an abysmal morning. Serious stormy weather today, had to put the bins in the garage as they were taking flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Sweet day in Dublin today, estimated 15 and generated 28kwh 😁

Love it when the estimates are wrong

Moved some posts over to the troubleshooting thread, let's keep this just for daily production. Which in Donegal, should be pretty good this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Big day today, free driving now for the rest of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

13.8 kW on a 3.24 kW system facing West Today.

There's a rumour of snow for the next 6 months 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭irishchris

Cracking day today with 43.2kwh generated. Tomorrow is a shocker of a day and then weather looks excellent for following five days. Wish my batteries would hurry up from China! 😱

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Yep big day today, got cloudy in the hours peak of production, but in between the clouds it went like the clappers.

Finished at 36.7 kWh, I only used about 33% of it....

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭paulbok

Crap morning and patchy at lunch but still got 26kw and a bit today.

Almost getting par between production vs consumption on sunny days. Guessing the equinox in a week should see me getting into the black for the summer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Happy to break the 20kWh mark today. 16 new panels arriving next week as progress continues on my second array. Hoping to "fuel" the cars from PV once up and running

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭deravarra

some going!

What kwp per panel are the new ones?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,095 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Really happy with my setup now. I think the batteries are a great addition especially on a day like this with unpredictable weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭The devils

Looks like it's going to be a good day today 👍👍

Absolutely agree, weather paddy's day was up and down here in newbridge..only for the batteries...well done

• Registered Users Posts: 15,328 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I think records will tumble here today!!?

when you only had the system installed in October, every day from March onwards has the potential to be record breaking!!

Curses, forecast yesterday was great so I pushed a few kWh into the car in the morning to. Avoid export. Then the sun packed up and left for a few hours.

Still got 18.5kWh but the battery charge didn't last til this morning, ran out at about 7am so I've bought 0.8kWh before the sun started covering the load. If I hadn't charged the car a bit yesterday I'd have had my first ever 24 hours off grid.

Going by the forecast, this morning should be the last power I buy from the grid for the next 4 days or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭reklamos

20 kWh battery starting to pay off. 48hours with 0 import and 0 export. Looking forward to summer

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ELCAT2009

New record of 30kwh today..Unfortunately not home to make the most of it and have exported over 18kwh!. I think I need more batteries (currently 4.8kw) and/or an Eddi. Not sure if Eddi will be compatible with my heat pump set up and tank as I dont have a manual immersion switch. The booster (immersion equivalent) is integrated within the heat pump controls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

Is your heat pump "smart"? As in do you have the capacity to remotely turn on the hot water via your phone. It's not quite as flexible as an Eddi, but I guess you could manually turn on the hot water to stop exporting a bit at high noon when you are not there....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Finished the day with 27.7kWh. Near enough to a perfect curve too. EV nearly full so will struggle to use similar generation tomorrow and Sunday!

Good day today- best so far

27.4kw

Consumed 16.4 kw and batteries fully charged 10kw

3.1kw into car

All good 👍👍

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭S'

35kW today. Bigger battery or EV required

11.2kWp E/W split arra. Mayo

Not sure a bigger battery would help you there mate. From your SOC above, your existing battery got you nearly to 6am. So then you were pulling down (at night rate I assume?) until about 7:30am.....after that point you were generating enough over your base load to start charging it again. All a bigger battery would do on a day like today is save you 10-15 cents, that you spent for that 6am - 7:30am window.

Not worth the outlay I'm afraid. EV on the otherhand would gobble up that export. You'd 12Kwhr extra today, that's like 60Km in "fuel" for an EV (roughly) Course you have to have the car outside in the driveway, but it's probably the better long term option

First time ever (in 5 months) that I've a fairly unbroken curve. There has always been some fecking clouds knocking around previously

Trees across the road skupper me from 4pm, but I'm ok with that for this time of the year.

Of course, like many here.....another daily record and my actual generation 18.3kwhr very close to my forecast of 18.36Kwhr (!). Also happy that I'm closing in on the 20Kwhr!

Tomorrow is forecasted to be very slightly better for me in Dublin btw. (18.48Kwhr forecasted for me)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭tnegun

Best day so far here too almost broke the 20kwh barrier producing 19.5kwh for the day. I managed to use most too only exporting 2kwh and 7kwh went into the hot tank. It was emptied twice as the kids had matches. My inverter is capped at 3.6kwh with 4.2kWp in panels I'm thinking my max production won't be too far off this? I need to change the immersion too as it's short so only heating the top 1/3 of the tank which meant frustratingly the electric shower was needed too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭championc

Might be worth investigating a circulation pump to take from the top of the tank and feed into the cold inlet on the bottom

Best day of the month and year so far.

Exported none. Battery is full enough to see me through til production tomorrow.

If the weather holds to the forecast I may get through a full week without purchase. Only bought 0.8kWh since midnight last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭paulbok

Almost a perfect curve today

Loaned, sorry 'exported' 16kw today.

Was seriously considering getting another battery this week, but as I'm on net from/to grid for the time being, I'll leave it for now. Once I have to chane the meter I'll get one then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

First day of the year with zero clouds and perfect curve with no dips, 35kwh pretty sweet for March.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Bif

Jonathan. Is the dip around 12.30 a “thing”. See mine below. This has happened around the same time on a few occasions with mine.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Not sure. Lasted for about a minute per my 30sec HA local polling. No obvious alarms etc, so probably just a cloud. Maybe we're neighbors. 😂

Advertisement