Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So who has covid? Nov 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 vwcorrado

Wanted to check if anyone still feels crappy with covid 9 days in? Iv had a really bad time of it, tested positive on the 9th march, Wednesday and Thursday weren't too bad, got bad headache and pressure in my head from the Friday until Tuesday. It's still quite sore but just trying to stick it out, but it's so hard when I feel so bad. I thought I might start to feel better by now. Just done a test and Its still showing positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

the 4 of us in the house tested positive this week (2 adults, 8 year old + 3 month old). All starting to feel better but still a bit under the weather. Triple vaxxed adults. We’ve managed to avoid it altogether for 2 years so a bit stumped how we managed to pick it up now. Both of us WFH with 1 child in school. Hoping we make a full recovery in the coming days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Same here ,I'm semi hallucinating, legs like jelly I've no temperature but feel like I do ,anything but a dry cough ,phlegmy as fcuk

Unbelievable tiredness

Been sicker before but its still unpleasant and a bad dose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭forumdedum

Woke up with slightly blocked nose Wednesday 9/3. Apart from spending extra time in bed the first 2 days I had little or no symptoms. An odd sneeze, cough, hint of a scratchy throat that never materialised. Feeling very lucky and thankful for vaccines/booster. Have just texted negative now. So was positive for 9 days.

I took about 3 Lemsip per day for 1st 3 days. Perhaps that curbed symptoms.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

When did you test + for it?

I ended up having a few wines and beers after a light dinner last night. But I was up and working from before 7 this morning and finished after 6. Its only working in an art studio, busy but not physically hard. Feel fine now 3 days in except for an increasingly sore throat.

I'm not gonna push my luck so I'll take it very easy tonight and all tomorrow.

I'm a smoker, drinker, rec drug taker, don't do gym but I'm not overweight and in my 50's so I'm glad to get off lightly.

Whilst the 1st 36 hours were rough and the essence of the bug is invasive and peculiar I (so far) found the side effects of the vax way worse and lasted months. However if the vax is now working on reducing the effects of the virus on me then I'm glad of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

9 days in now. Cough and sore throat first day, but exceedingly faint positive line. Back and chest pains first night, mild fever.

Second day, cough and fierce sore throat, intermittent temperature. Awful chest pains that night - closest I came to calling the out of hours doc. Retched a bit over the loo, then lay on the cold tiles in the bathroom for half an hour. The only medication I had in the house was a lemsip with expiry 2018, so took that but don't know how much it did. Slept anyway.

No more chest or back pains thereafter, but throat was awfully sore, spent the next couple of days sucking lozenges. Collected some lemsip and benylin from the pharmacy, but don't know how much help they've been.

Have just a snotty nose and a cough now (which seems to move between productive chesty and unproductive tickly throaty) for the last few days, still testing strongly positive, so staying in bed. Lost taste for a day or so, but that was probably just due to stuffy nose.

Highly recommend having a few bags of sucky sweets lying around the house for when you catch it. And stay hydrated obviously.

(Edit: 35m, normal weight, nonsmoker, vaxxed but unboosted)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,321 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Got 1st symptoms at around 10 Wednesday morning, very tired, very cold, had bad cough by lunchtime, rough night Wednesday with very high fever 40+. Same high temperature and fever Thursday, loads of bad sleep. Friday woke up feeling fine no cough, still slight temperature 38 but wouldn't have known it if I didn't check. 100% better this morning, heart rate, temperature and sleep all back to normal.

I gargled a bottle of Listerine over Wednesday and Thursday and started using a 1% iodine garage and coating the inside of my nose with it yesterday in the hope I'd pass an antigen test this morning, didn't work line is as red as it ever was (wasn't testing positive when at my sickest which I thought was odd), did seem to kill the cough though. I'll keep going with it today and tomorrow hoping for a clear test by Monday morning looks like wishful thinking though going by the comments on another thread.

Didn't have any vaccine, my other half had two shots her vaccine cert expired on Thursday funnily enough, she only started feeling it yesterday morning had a rough day yesterday, high temperature, cough, severe tiredness, she's 100% this morning, everything back to normal except she has a bit of a cough but didn't gargle anything to help it.

3 kids under 8 in the house all in different schools who haven't had it yet we think, looking more likely they did now, all temps fine, no coughs or runny noses fingers crossed it stays that way.

Lemsip max strength brought relief from the fever not much but it stopped the shaking, paracetamol or solphadine tablets didn't seem to do anything, hence got lemsip instead.

Glad to finally have it all over with. Time to book a holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

I am on day 8, still testing positive on antigen but line is fainter. Vaxxed and boosted since mid December. Very mild symptoms which I am grateful for, just a blocked nose and a bit of a cough. My OH didn't get it - I get colds a lot and he rarely does so I thought there was a fair chance he wouldn't. No idea where I picked it up, my weekends are usually pretty quiet but I had a busy one the weekend before so there are a number of possibilities. It's a nuisance that I had to self isolate on a week with a double bank holiday but at least we hadn't planned to go away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,802 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Im never ever sick, its been 12 years since iv been to the GP so long he told me he doesn't know me,

Anyway i got covid last month teated positive for 3 days no symptoms, Since iv been sick twice both the same high temperature, shivers and sore throat, Coughing phlem in the morning, both times horrific but only last 3 days & tested negative both tims.

Its like Covid has ruined my immune system

Double vaxxed no booster.

it took 2 years but symptoms started 4 days ago.

Lightheaded & dizzy, Hot and cold flashes, sweats (oh the sweats), pains & aches everywhere, dry cough (feels like chest infection), headache & pains behind the eyes, nightmares, huge fatigue!

all my family tested positive except me.

I definitely have symptoms but antigens not picking it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

Tested positive Tuesday, antigen test just before holiday. Couldn't believe I have covid. No symptoms. Nothing, zero. Pcr test positive . Isolating. To prevent any symptoms I might develop, 2 steaks, raw eggs, onions, garlic, ginger, pints of water , mugs of tea with honey, vitamin c and d drinks. Massive amount of leaks and broccoli into green soup. Antigen test every day getting fainter and fainter. Almost Couldn't see it today, but was a near black line Tuesday. Have the strength of 10 bears from eating all that and a full irish in the morning s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭Mam1996

Myself and 2 sons have symptoms since last Tuesday. Youngest son, 12, had positive antigen immediately but the two of us still negative. I went for pcr on Wed (healthcare worker) and it's positive. Assuming now that older son (19) is positive also.

My theory is that the younger boy is double vaxed but not boosted due to age and the two of us are double vaxed and boosted so our viral load may be too low for the antigen to detect. All the symptoms though, high temp, congestion, headaches, fatigue etc. Be careful because the antigens don't seem to be picking it up in boosted population.

19yr old went for pcr today, he can't go to work so needs the positive test to claim sw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Did anyone get tinnitus from Covid? On day 5, woke to a ringing in my ears, not unlike what I've felt before though it's a little more sustained, like I was at a gig last night. I played a gig last Saturday which was loud so not sure it would be a delayed reaction!

I did read about a link between sinus viral infections and tinnitus, just seeing if anyone has experienced it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭apache

If I have symptoms I have to book a PCR test for work and show them the result. On the HSE website it says they will only test you now if you are over 55. What about if you are under 55 with no health issues? How do you get a PCR test?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭glitterIsland

I have a close contact from last week. She had some light cold symptoms. She then had a very faint positive over the course of last weekend.

Late Tuesday night my throat was off. It wasn't sore, it wasn't dry. It was a cross between the two of them. It was tender. Over Wednesday the throat was on fire. That was my only symptom until Thursday night and I had a drip at the back of the throat and a slight cough developed with a low grade fever. Some pains in my throat and head with some slight coughing here and there. These are my only symptoms.

I'm doing home antigen tests since Wednesday but it's all negative.

Seems as if whatever I have is clearing and my only issue is my throat now.

I'm isolating away from others.

I was sick this time last year with pressure behind my ears and it was tonsillitis. At this stage I am presuming it's a dose of hayfever (sometimes I get hayfever and other times not much). I presume it's hayfever with tonsillitis.

My sister in law in England says if I was in England, just because I have symptoms alone, I would qualify for a pcr test so it's nuts how I don't qualify for a pcr test here based on my age.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭glitterIsland

I'm the same. I am boosted since December.

I have a close contact from last week and I have some symptoms but I am testing negative at home. I'm going down into my throat with my swab and up into my brain and I am still negative. 4 days of symptoms.

I was sick this time last year with pressure in my head and it was tonsillitis. I think at this stage what I might have is hayfever with a dose of tonsillitis thrown. It's bad timing for it to arrive the same week as a close contact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,810 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

If you have sore throat and doing an antigen test, try to swab area at back of tonsils and one nostril rather than two nostrils.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,321 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The website doesn't stop you booking in and it doesn't ask if you make any of the criteria over 55 etc, I did it the other day going by the HSE website just to get a recovery cert other half had to do the same today. I've my result confirmed now.

They won't refuse you, I doubt they can even ask you why you booked in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭apache

That's true. I was just wondering why they said it on website. I'll just book one if I need it so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭Mam1996

I'd book a pcr, they won't question why you're there snd it'll put it bed once and for all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Symptoms since Tue night. Couple of days with intermittent hot and cold feeling, sore throat last night but easing now. Unvaccinated and glad i didn't bother with it either as everyone i know with 3 jabs had the same or generally worse symptoms recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

on the website they have “If you have a positive antigen test, you can book a PCR test if you need a COVID-19 Recovery Cert.”

so that should work for that reason alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

It looks like we picked it up in Lisbon last weekend. I had a bit of a cough on Monday but by Tuesday evening my head was thumping. LFT shows positive. That night was not fun, needed some nurofen to get to sleep. Wednesday was muscle aches, head still sore and then throat joined the party. A lot of it mellowed throughout the day and by Thursday the throat was all that remained but was actually worse than the day before and lingered into Friday but nothing a Strepsil couldn't contain. All grand now although have had a DIY weekend and have been notable exhausted at each days end

• **** it's got me finally after two years of avoiding. Tested positive this morning. Was out Wednesday through Friday in Dublin. I avoided the Christmas wave when the missus had it.

Came on suddenly yesterday evening. A wall of fatigue, temp, headache, cough, shivers and sore muscles current symptoms.

Tbf, I'm hardly surprised - would say case number will go through the roof over the next week. A good few days had, thats the risk I elected to take.

Yeah getting it now does feel like falling at the last hurdle, or being beaten in extra time. :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

Honestly I got it last week. Not bad at all. It’s just a cold and sore throat combined. used OTC medicines, etc. not very pleasant to have both at the same time. This coming from someone flagged as being immunocompromised (I didn’t get a fourth jab even though the HSE are still trying to get me to have it / shouldn’t be flagged imho)

Sore throat a few days from Tuesday , had a fever for a day on Thursday (literally 6 hours). Just took some paracetamol once I had the sore throat, took it until Friday, nothing since. 2-3 days of it and am back to normal. 7 days up on Tuesday so happy enough. Still testing positive, but I’ve seen the US had said 2 days post fever and you basically don’t shed if symptomless. So are free to go once not symptomatic. HSE is same but 7 days. If I was back in the US I’d be free to go out now even with positive tests.

Just have antigen tests ready and paracetamol on hand in case. Once I had it I stayed in ordered online shop for the week and off you go. Really only advice there from all this. Just plan you’re getting it and be ready beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

Still no Symptoms, Tested negative on a antigen test today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

I'm on day 10 and antigen was negative for the first time today, its been gradually getting fainter each day. But my nose is still blocked, which has been my only real symptom apart from a slight cough so I'm a bit fed up because you have to continue self isolating according to the HSE site until 48 hours after symptoms (apart from cough or sense of smell) are gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Jafin

I already had tinnitus before I got Covid (had it for about 16/17 years), but I didn't notice any change in it. My left ear did get blocked a few days after I tested positive though and I had to get drops with antibiotics and steroids in it which, for the most part, cleared up the issue. I have read online that covid can cause tinnitus or make it worse for people that have it already. Get to a doctor if you can, but if it is tinnitus then unfortunately there isn't anything that can be done as far as I'm aware. There is very little treatment for it, and the treatments I have seen are usually quite expensive and don't ever end up curing it.

Advertisement