Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭zv2

• Registered Users Posts: 17,922 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Apparently no arms have been sent from Germany to Ukraine in 3 weeks. Only a 5th of the stuff they promised has arrived. If true, that's an absolute disgrace, someone needs to light a fire under them and get arms moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,712 ✭✭✭✭briany

The U.S. might as well have boots on the ground at this point. There are even small numbers of ex-Marines heading over to take part of their own volition. Can't help but wonder if they are going in an officially-unofficial capacity, and have been given a clandestine briefing of some sort.

But if NATO are not going to officially put its own forces on the ground in Ukraine, it behoves them to do everything short of it. Weapons supply, intel, the works.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,819 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Can't make them do what they don't want.

What they already sent was mostly only fit for the dump.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭JoChervil

These parts of Poland are in Ukraine and Belarus now. Poland was shifted to the West after WWII loosing East parts of Poland and gaining some ex-German parts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,512 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I was reading that Putin is even fearful of "pro" war and pro regime protests on the streets and these are also forbidden - they don't want to lose control of the propaganda narrative and any type of street demonstration spooks them no end (hence the carefully controlled and monitored Nuremberg rally yesterday).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭brickster69

Saudi Arabia edging closer to accepting Chinese currency, so looks like a matter of time before the Dollar is dropped as a reserve currency.

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭liamtech

From Saint Petersburg on the Baltic, to Crimea on the black sea, an Iron Curtain descends over Eastern Europe

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

• Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭brickster69

Russia bringing out the heavy stuff now.

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

Indeed, a mini Soviet empire, the new axis "powers"; internationally isolated Russia, Chechnya and Belarus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

And of course Putin will not be able to replenish those weapons because of the sanctions.

It must be dawning on Putin that his days are numbered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭liamtech

I fear the time may come when this will become about getting as many Ukrainians out as possible. and perhaps as much of the Ukraine out (geographically) - before the curtain falls completely.

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

I see we're up to 250 Russian main battle tanks confirmed destroyed or captured (by Oryx + usual time lag in reporting)

I feel the Russians will start to tighten up though, they will obviously learn and start to adapt, the Ukrainians will have to keep on their toes

• Registered Users Posts: 9,160 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

The 2.5 year siege of Leningrad (St Petersburg) was particularly savage. Over a million civilians dying of starvation. The Finnish army also helped the Germans encircle the city.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

The dystopia is as hilarious as it is chilling

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Gary kk

Why did they invade through what is like just a muddy season even if he thought they would mostly hand keys over surly waiting until he could use the amour on the plains and not just roads, the was / is stupid. Right back to the armchair now

• Registered Users Posts: 13,819 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

No but the yuan could still replace or at least be a co reserve currency globally

They have been buying gold and commodities for 20 years in order to give it a partial Hard currency element.

It's not about what we want but what one thinks could happen.

The dollar and the Euro have been going mad on the magic money tree for 15 years, who knows what that will bring.

China is a much more brutal and nastier version of anything Putin could dream of.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭myfreespirit

Let us hope that the assistance that with western intelligence and armaments, the Ukrainian armed forces manage to inflict horrendous casualties on the Russian invaders.

Was just watching Channel 4 News, showing the horrible attacks on civilian targets in Kyiv, and the remains of the theatre in Mariupol, where 1,300 civilians are reported missing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Northernlily

I read story's like that and I just want fire and brimstone to rain down on the Kremlin. And personally speaking I don't care of the consequences. Let Putin feel the same to his nearest and dearest.

Obviously, this is emotive and not the best response but it's hard to feel anything but anger when you see such needless and pointless suffering.

Its incredibly frustrating to feel like nothing can be done by the west to stop this with the nuclear threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭goldenmick

We've just given our bathroom a facelift...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭thomil

No, just no. My Sh*t would deserve better than to be exposed to THAT!!!

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

It's causing me unreasonable anxiety that this thread is past 1000 pages and hasn't been closed yet... Forgot about new boards.

Well if it's any consolation, right now Vlad was expecting to be doing victory parades with Russian tanks through Kiev, instead Russia has become an isolated global pariah, it's having to deal with some of the harshest sanctions and measures ever slapped on a nation and Putin is staring down the barrel of a quagmire in Ukraine. No matter what happens, that legacy will always follow him from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,160 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

The Chinese are strategically streets ahead in terms of dominating the world's natural resources into the future. Their best graduates are brought into a think tank to work out the best ways to dominate in the future.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,407 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Possibly, yet dispite their image. China is in no way a United country and could easily fracture apart.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Alexei Milchakov is a Russian neo-Nazi, who commanded the so-called ‘Batman’ Spetsnaz Rapid Response Unit operating out of Luhansk that reported directly to the GRU. this is where he won the reputation of being a sadist and is known for his barbarity fighting against Ukraine in Donbas, 2014-15. A level of depravity akin to the SS-Dirlewanger Brigade. I'm not surprised as he was convicted in his native St Petersburg over his sadistic cruelty to animals. Milchakov was an instructor in a camp where 300 young Russians were trained to be fighters in the Moscow region. The subversive and reconnaissance military group 'Rusich' which includes Russian nationalists set up by him was also utilized the training of young and old recruits, and waq present in Donbas. In addition to this Milchakov went on to fight with the Wagner Group in Syria

Yulia Kharlamova (born in Odessa) is a neo-nazi well-known in nationalist circles and is a member of the Orthodox-fascist troopers org "Lambs of Blue Sky". She participated in neo-fascist congresses under the nickname "Nordica". Kharlamova served with Russian Airborne forces where she underwent full combat training and serving with Unit 54164 Moscow Region and 38 Separate Parachute Brigade. She served in Donbas and swerved as part of Milchako Rusich unit in the Luhansk region. She is believed to be a GRU officer who was actively involved in the riot in Kyiv at the national guard, who recruited soldiers and participants for protests orchestrated by her essential for ‘planned’ clandestine military activities.

Milchakov and Kharlamova have been togoether for a wile and are now married. I can't find a wedding photo.

In 2017, five Russian diplomats of the GRU were expelled from Moldova as strong intelligence proved they were recruiting fighters in Gagauzia which is an autonomous region in south Moldova, known for the large number of people that share pro-Russian views. Recruits were then sent to a military camp in the Rostov region of Russia which is on the border of Ukraine

In Belarus, the Russian National Unity (RNE) organization recruited and trained anti-Ukrainian Belarusian militants, to fight in Donbas on the side of Russian-backed separatists. Younger recruits were lured and brought on trips to military and patriotic camps in the territory of Russia where the young recruits were trained to fight and be indoctrinated further. The Russian nationalist group E.N.O.T. headed by two FSB officers has also conducted events in Russia in which young people from Belarus attended.

Its obvious the Kremlin has been heavily arming and training these nationalist and neo nazi militant groups that are intertwined with Russia and their aggression in the occupied regions. No doubt more private mercenaries will be brought in to help this failing invasion.

De-Nazifying me hole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

Russia Propaganda or a prelude to a further escalation?

Russian Ministry of defense accuse Ukraine: in preparations of attack on western diplomats in L'viv, in planting explosives at cylinders with ammonium and chlorine in Sumy, deploying cylinders with chemicals to school in Kotlarovo village of Mykolaiv region

https://liveuamap.com/

Dundalk, Co. Louth

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement