Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC Fight Night Events Thread - Spoilers Within

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

Another loss for team SBG last night. Kavanagh is a snake oil salesman.

Johnny Walker has a poppadom chin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Walker with that chin is always in trouble, but yeah not sure been with Kavanagh is helpful to say the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭Homelander

Was a poor main card in general. The only fight I really enjoyed was Miller, delighted to see him get that win.

BKFC was better this weekend, Mendes and Perry taking gold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I don't have much interest in the weekend card apart from Jamie Mullarkey. He's got a tough one against Jalin Turner.

Mullarkey has had a good camp so hopefully he gets it done.

I know his first cousin very well, Jamie got him tickets and he's going over on Thursday. That's where I get my information about how he is doing in camp as the two of them are very close and in touch weekly.

• Advertisement

Incredible comeback by Paul Craig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Did Amirkhani leave SBG? I thought he was with them

Great sub from Amirkhani

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,504 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Must have. Another indictment of them that he won after leaving them.

• Advertisement

Paul Craig is a really fun fighter , was fuming I did not bet his opponent and then it was over😂

Fun opening fight to the main card, Topuria can clearly bang but he was lucky to survive that 1st round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

why did BT mute TOpuria at the end there? what he say??

He called out Paddy Pimblett

“He’s a bitch. Paddy Pimblett, win or lose, I want to fight you next and kick your ass like I did the last time. F*ck you. I want that blonde bitch. That Paddy bitch”

McCann isn't fighting too clever. Just swinging arms for the sake of it.

What a KO!! Spinning Elbow!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Wow

Was worried a little about Molly their, but some knockout😎

Savage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Paddy far from invincible, you sense he'll always give his opponents chances and because he's fighting nobody's at the moment they won't capitalize but as soon as he faces some quality he'll be found out.

Yep totally understand why Dana is feeding him cans as he is a solid draw in the UK, but when does Dana take a chance and put him in the ring with someone good?

O Malley is been fed cans also tbf, but nonetheless he does look like a superb striker, I don't see anything special with Paddy.

• Advertisement

I'd pay to watch him fight Zuckerberg to be honest lol.

Fantastic card so far.

I found the Gunnar fight boring TBH and was disappointed the Paddy fight finished so early.

Molly is all heart and spirit, great KO but wreckless too.

Hooker destroyed.

Great performance from Allen, nice man Dan may find another sport.

I'm convinced even I'd take Hooker at this stage.

The most overblown fighter I may have ever seen. Every, single, fight the commentary team big him up and tell us how dangerous and talented he is...he's absolutely scutter.

Wouldn't win a Cage Warriors belt.

Hooker looks like a shadow of his former self these days

Arnold Almighty on the other hand...

Great win for Aspinall,,,,,Gane or Tai next I assume, anything else would make no sense after tonight.

• Advertisement

Underwhelming night for me, not a decent fight on the main card. Atmosphere didn't sound great either.

British mma is in a very good place.

Levels ahead of us over here at the moment.

Aspinall is very special.

Post edited by orecir on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,504 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

I saw someone on Twitter talk about the power of personality: Arnold Allen just destroyed a well known fighter to go 9-0 in the UFC and yet most people leaving that arena are probably going to be talking instead about Paddy Pimblett who nearly got finished by a guy with a 1-2 record in the UFC.

I watch a lot of fight nights as I work late Sat nights and that one of the best for a while, obviously helps that their was a crowd.

Molly isn't anything special, but at least she will always have that KO,,,Paddy as others have said is been fed bums but he is finishing them early which is all he can do. He can come accross as annoying but overall he is pretty harmless.

Hooker is finished, Allen and Aspinall looked really impressive, from what I seen of the prelims entertaining Paul Craig fight as always and Shore is someone to keep an eye on.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭PatrickDoherty

I notice Makwan Amirkani got a win tonight, is it his first fight post SBG?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Really enjoyable card.

Molly’s finish was amazing, her opponent looked really badly hurt, hope all is ok.

A couple of very harsh comments re Paddy ‘being fed bums’. Both his opponents felt they had a genuine chance of beating him, which is much different to boxing up-and-coming guys who genuinely get fed fodder.

Paddy is fighting at his level, he’s new to the UFC. He might be a big draw, but he’ll have to earn his right to fight ranked opponents. He’s still got a lot to learn, but has plenty of potential. Put him in out of his depth now and he’d get mullered, no point in that. Arnold Allen took 7 or 8 wins to get a top 10 ranking, Paddy will need at least a couple more wins before getting a ranked opponent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭Homelander

Thought that was a super solid card, I've seen worse PPV's in recent memory.

Wasn't incredible skill on display in that Carolina/McCann fight but what a highlight reel KO.

Hooker looked terrible, far too slow. What was the logic of going to FW again....?

Nice finish by Paddy but once again left himself wide open in striking exchanges.

I hope they do make Tuivasa v Aspinall.

Nice to see Gunni back with an effortless win.

Overall a great card.

Hasn't Paddy said he's not getting paid enough to fight ranked opponents? The risk/reward isn't worth it.

He's happy fighting unranked and promoting himself for now.

O Malley has said similar, he gets the same for fighting Smolka (before their fight was cancelled) as he would for fighting Yan.

I don't blame either tbh, maybe in 12 months if Paddy is showing no interest in fighting a guy in the top 10 then we can complain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,098 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Paddy would get absolutely smoked by anyone half decent. Dana wont give him a big contract because he talks a lot.

Dana just gave Masvidal a huge contract.

At least Paddy has a ground game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,860 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Paddy is like Ian Garry & that party will be over once they step up the ladder,

Arnold was great and deserves much more hype

Big Tom is a fantastic fighters ,i seen he said to Till Jokingly but really not joking what you doing this is my moment when Till got into the cage with him,

Iv seen a couple interviews before with them & you can tell although they are "mates" Tom thinks Till is to big for his boots ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I don't think Paddy is that great myself, but their is not many guys who are 2-0 in the UFC who can with a straight face they are a proven draw and Paddy is undeniably one.

Assuming the UFC comes back three more times before 2024, Paddy will likely be on the main card I think the casuals will be happy to see him spark some out some jobbers, that alone might be a reason to give Paddy more money.

Its interesting to see how Dana handles him over next few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,098 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Indeed. Another chancer. Has (apparantly) cleaned up now and changed training camps. But been well beaten in a few fights. Brunsen threw him about like a rag doll.

You'd hope they have learned how to handle him after Till, he beat Cerrone, scraped a hometown decision against Wonderboy and got a title shot.

I dont understand his fighting style, he's supposed to be a striker but he's so timid. Terrible grappling and ground game.

Paddy's had more fight than Arnold ,

Paddy's just not that good ,he's leans on his decent grappling & isn't a great wrestler or striker so once he hits top 10 its game over,

Till is no where near the fighter he thinks he is, He seems quite delusional when talking about his own skill set ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,946 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

No one watching this?

Diakiese, what a boring fighter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Kai Kara France had the best round of the contest and looked the better overall but thought it was clear he didn't do enough to win the rounds either side. The Judges done their bit for Ukraine I suppose.

• Advertisement
Advertisement