Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So who has covid? Nov 2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Symptoms since Tue night. Couple of days with intermittent hot and cold feeling, sore throat last night but easing now. Unvaccinated and glad i didn't bother with it either as everyone i know with 3 jabs had the same or generally worse symptoms recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

on the website they have “If you have a positive antigen test, you can book a PCR test if you need a COVID-19 Recovery Cert.”

so that should work for that reason alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

It looks like we picked it up in Lisbon last weekend. I had a bit of a cough on Monday but by Tuesday evening my head was thumping. LFT shows positive. That night was not fun, needed some nurofen to get to sleep. Wednesday was muscle aches, head still sore and then throat joined the party. A lot of it mellowed throughout the day and by Thursday the throat was all that remained but was actually worse than the day before and lingered into Friday but nothing a Strepsil couldn't contain. All grand now although have had a DIY weekend and have been notable exhausted at each days end

• **** it's got me finally after two years of avoiding. Tested positive this morning. Was out Wednesday through Friday in Dublin. I avoided the Christmas wave when the missus had it.

Came on suddenly yesterday evening. A wall of fatigue, temp, headache, cough, shivers and sore muscles current symptoms.

Tbf, I'm hardly surprised - would say case number will go through the roof over the next week. A good few days had, thats the risk I elected to take.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Yeah getting it now does feel like falling at the last hurdle, or being beaten in extra time. :-)

Honestly I got it last week. Not bad at all. It’s just a cold and sore throat combined. used OTC medicines, etc. not very pleasant to have both at the same time. This coming from someone flagged as being immunocompromised (I didn’t get a fourth jab even though the HSE are still trying to get me to have it / shouldn’t be flagged imho)

Sore throat a few days from Tuesday , had a fever for a day on Thursday (literally 6 hours). Just took some paracetamol once I had the sore throat, took it until Friday, nothing since. 2-3 days of it and am back to normal. 7 days up on Tuesday so happy enough. Still testing positive, but I’ve seen the US had said 2 days post fever and you basically don’t shed if symptomless. So are free to go once not symptomatic. HSE is same but 7 days. If I was back in the US I’d be free to go out now even with positive tests.

Just have antigen tests ready and paracetamol on hand in case. Once I had it I stayed in ordered online shop for the week and off you go. Really only advice there from all this. Just plan you’re getting it and be ready beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

Still no Symptoms, Tested negative on a antigen test today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

I'm on day 10 and antigen was negative for the first time today, its been gradually getting fainter each day. But my nose is still blocked, which has been my only real symptom apart from a slight cough so I'm a bit fed up because you have to continue self isolating according to the HSE site until 48 hours after symptoms (apart from cough or sense of smell) are gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Jafin

I already had tinnitus before I got Covid (had it for about 16/17 years), but I didn't notice any change in it. My left ear did get blocked a few days after I tested positive though and I had to get drops with antibiotics and steroids in it which, for the most part, cleared up the issue. I have read online that covid can cause tinnitus or make it worse for people that have it already. Get to a doctor if you can, but if it is tinnitus then unfortunately there isn't anything that can be done as far as I'm aware. There is very little treatment for it, and the treatments I have seen are usually quite expensive and don't ever end up curing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Strange one and perhaps unrelated but I’m on day 5 and I’m quite constipated, wondering if it’s from the last of movement

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Finally caught it after two years of avoiding it. No different from your usual viral cold/bug, a mixture of sore throat, headache, fatigue and aches/pains. Only unusual thing was I developed a fever on Friday night at around 8/9pm, and by around 2am it had completely gone again.

Symptoms started on Thursday but only tested positive on Saturday. My employer told me I can return to work on Thursday if I test negative tomorrow, is that the case? I'd have thought day 0 was the day I tested positive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,625 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Could be or are you taking a lot of meds for it... check the side effects especially if its solpadeine.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

From the HSE:

You should self-isolate (stay in your room) as soon as you notice symptoms of COVID-19 or get a positive COVID-19 test result. Either of these are considered day zero when you’re counting your days of self-isolation.

You need to self-isolate (stay in your room) for 7 full days. You can stop isolating after 7 days if you have had no symptoms for the last 48 hours.

so I read it as Friday if you’ve no symptoms for 48 hours if Thursday was day 0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭KieferFan69

Unvaccinated. Bit of vertigo.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Thanks. Thursday (St. Patrick's day) was day 0, so if I've no symptoms tomorrow I can go back on Thursday the 24th, I think. Would feel a bit strange going back just 5 days after testing positive.

I'm still feeling a bit fatigued from it, so technically that's still a symptom, but would feel a bit wrong taking some more time off for something that in normal circumstances I wouldn't even think of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Positive again, had it beginning of Dec. Little lad was unwell last week so we did an antigen and he was positive. Went for a pcr myself as I work in health healthcare and didn't want to be bringing it into work. Tested positive again. Everyone I know who's getting it seem to be throwing it off relatively easily but it's really hitting me hard. Have a marathon in Manchester next week so its just finish it now

Yes I’m taking Solpadiene. Felt like I was sh1tting broken glass earlier

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

They'll block you up.

I'm off them 3 days now and looking forward to my 1st proper **** tomorrow morning. Can't wait.

Do many people only get severe fatigue, and I mean severe?

I've been in bed 20-21 hours over the past 2-3 days.

I thought from Saturday morning it was because I was out extensively over Paddy's Day and the day after, and assumed it was just a very bad hangover.

Now in the third day of fatigue, and it's relentless.

That, and a headache.

Was told by the pharmacist that it's probably Covid, but who knows. I really don't want to get that stick up my nose again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭niallo76

Felt a bit off Sunday night,just tired..woke Monday morning,head banging and pains all over,was already set on going into work for a few hours and then going home a bit early.but decided to do an antigen...positive result.Stuck to the bed most of yesterday,just bollixed,dry cough,pain in head,and a pain in my lower back like I'm after getting a kick off a donkey.Lemsip and Solpedeine.Had a balls of a night sleep,pain in the head gone,but pain in back remains,some dose....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Yep ,had that last week, when I woke up each morning last week for about three days, had to hold the walls as legs like jelly and disorientated

I never lost smell or taste but the fatigue still there to some degree

I tested positive last night, have a cough, heavy chest, tiredness, etc. I hope it doesn't get worse than this.

I have absolutely no idea what those three vaccines I took were for. I seem to be getting the standard covid experience for a guy in his early 40s. What is the vaccine doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭mumo3

My Daughter got a positive antigen last night, our first case in the house after two years of avoiding it. She's nearly 20 has 2 of 3 vaccines, but she seems really sick, doesn't help that she is overly dramatic in general. But so far her symptoms are aches and pains all over, really sore throat, temperature and unable to sleep... my heart breaks for her!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Keeping you out of hospital. You won't have many active antibodies in your blood at this stage, your body is furiously creating more because it already knows how to do it.

If you didn't have the vaccines, it would take your body a few days longer to figure out how to fight the disease, during which time the virus is running rampant and doing damage that would take weeks to recover from.

Take to the bed, binge on Netflix. You'll feel much better by Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I’m on day on 7 since testing positive now. Was grand. Sore throat for a few days, cough, tired. I’m also 10 weeks pregnant so tired all the time anyway. Had the 3 vaccines and glad I did.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Someone I lived with tested positive on Monday and since then been avoiding them and masking, sterilising and sanitising since then but woke up this morning with a bloody terrible back pain and a little runny nose.

Did a test and I'm positive, after avoiding it for two years, it looks like it is my turn! I presume I picked it up before Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

So much posts of people avoiding it for two years and catching it now. I'll be in here soon enough with my story, no doubt.

• Advertisement

Yeah, it was frustrating for me. I did everything, got the vaccines, wore masks, etc, so to catch it and feel sick was quite annoying after all that effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Are there many stories of people continually getting a negative result on antigens, only to then test positive as soon as they get a PCR?

I have all the usual symptoms and taking the necessary precautions as per the public health advice, but I have tested negative on antigens for 3 days in a row now despite the symptoms getting worse day by day.

Of course it could be a normal cold/flu, but given that the test centres are pretty quiet at the moment, I'm going to book in for a PCR for peace of mind.

Anyone else currently in, or been in, a similar boat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭Mam1996

Hi, I was the exact same. All antigen tests were negative, still are and I'm on day 9 of symptoms! Had a pcr last Wednesday snd it was positive.

Started with runny nose, sore throat, aches and pains. Moved towards headaches, sinusitis and a high temperature since the weekend and since last night I've developed a dry cough and slight sore throat again.

I'm so tired of it all now, my son who got it at the same time is back to school today, flew through it. Rest of the house avoided it. I do have an underlying autoimmune issue which is probably slowing my recovery but I wish it would shove off now.

Best of luck with your pcr, hopefully it's just a headcold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Quick question, my son has it ? currently very little symptoms on first day he had a high temp and some vomiting since then you wouldn’t even know he has covid no symptoms what’s so ever. He is currently in isolation 7 days and still showing positive on antigen test , the line is getting lighter.

can he come out of isolation once 48hr symptom fee ? Or can he still pass it on once he is getting a positive. I don’t really want to keep him isolated more than the 7 days .

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Whatdoesitmatter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Presumably they mean they expect to catch it in the near future, and will then be back here to relate..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭youngblood

Are you taking a swab at the back of your throat?

I was testing negative when using nasal swab- Tested positive on throat swab- Was the oddest thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭Rustyman101

Avoided it for 2 years, on right side now, positive on antigen last Thursday, symptoms started on Tuesday night looking back.

Joint pains & headache, very tired over the weekend, faint line still on antigen, my knees are still sore ! Weird , no-one else in the house has it.

Major spike to come I'd say, Patrick's day, Cheltenham & rugby 3 days of people mixing outside and in, not going to be pretty !

• Feel like I've gone 12 rounds with Mike Tyson for 4 days solid now but think I've turned a corner this morning.

Last night was rough for two hours, was coughing hard and struggling to breathe for a while but much clearer today. Bedsheets have been soaked with sweat each night. The wall of fatigue has been something else.

I work from home so hope to return to light work engagements tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭celt262

The school my lad is in told us to send him back in after 7 days and not to bother even testing him.

Day 7, started coughing yesterday and still having a runny nose.

im also having difficulty pooping, guess that’s the painkillers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

There is no right or wrong behaviour when it comes to a highly contagious, airborne virus. People need to let go of the idea that it's somehow a moral failing to get sick. you'd never apply it to any other virus so why this one? Its not your fault that vaccines and masks dont actually do much to protect you against catching covid. Suppose that's what 2+ years of non stop propaganda does to you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭Deiselurker

I did an antigen test today and got positive. I had slight sore throat and felt tired and didn't feel up tobworking so said would do the test. I don't feel too bad, similar to normal cold/ virus that you'd get once or twice a year anyway. Fingers crossed it doesn't get any worse although having to stay in house next 7 days isn't good.

Thanks.

I tried that and it came back positive immediately, with an extremely dark positive line.

At least I know now for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭Mecanudo

Its not your fault that vaccines and masks dont actually do much to protect you against catching covid

Except few are wearing masks, restrictions are now largely removed and we know vaccines work best to stop the majority of people getting seriously ill or needing hospitalisation. That we have a rise in cases is hardly rocket science considering.

Aye the only propaganda is the usual guff about how it was all a big conspiracy or whatever

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Day 2 (24 hours after testing positive)

Slept terrible last night, woke up with sore throat, mild headache, stuffy nose, pain in top of my upper gums, in general feel a bit weaker. Back pain is mostly gone though but overall I feel worse than yesterday.

Definitely feels worse than a cold, closer to the flu at present, but we'll see if it gets any worse.

The BA2 variant is on the rampage and it lives and replicates in the gut. So that may cause back pain, nausea, vomiting and Diarrhoea. Lungs aren’t affected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭Deeec

Just curious would a nasal/throat swab antigen pick this variant up if it lives in the gut. My kids had these symptoms last weekend but antigens were negative,

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Jafin

First 2-3 days seem to be the worst, or at least that was the case for me and the people I know who got it anyway. I think my second night was the worst of it for me. I kept waking up on the hour every hour. Hope you feel better soon.

Several negative antigens with the nasal swab.

Tried the throat swab as advised. Immediately came back positive with an extremely dark line.

Yesterday wasn't too bad, but I feel horrendous today. Throat is like a razor blade, a dry cough which doesn't seem to be shifting a build up of phlegm, and there's a little bit of blood coming up at times (which I will admit is worrying). The throat is so sore it's almost physically impossible to eat and stay hydrated. Uncontrollable shivers all night and day (so far),

Mrs Brent has tested positive today too and she is the opposite in the sense that she is drowning in sweat and can't get cool!

We are both double vaccinated and boosted and maybe it's just recency bias, but it really does feel the sickest we have been for as long as we can remember.

Fingers crossed it starts to get better, because the thoughts of this getting worse is tough to stomach!

• Advertisement
Advertisement