Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh - thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Moreilly

Just about to put it up for sale this weekend! ( was just waiting to get a delivery date for the new car) , ill take a few photos and probably put it up sunday night. Mixed feelings though !- happy to be getting a new car and sad to see the ioniq go, it's been the best and most reliable car i've ever had !

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

We were exactly like that when we changed the Ioniq 28 for a Tesla Model S!

The ioniq is a great car, when I test drove the M3 and hopped back into the ioniq to drive home I was still impressed with the ioniq, some things even seemed a little better in the ioniq, small things like the sunvisors and wing mirrors seemed a bit cheapish feeling on the Tesla and the door closing seemed a little more solid on the ioniq ect..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

When the missus left in her classic 28kWh in January for the Ioniq 5 I could almost glimpse a tear in the eye, but 10 mins later that was gone..😁.

After driving the Model 3 for 9 days now I also notice a few things better in our other cars. Wing mirrors definitely better on Hyundai and VW, Lane follow only active when in full ACC unlike others. Vis out rear window is poor, you cannot see car behind if up close. Frameless windows never sound as good when closing doors. Door seals not as good as double ones on VW, which totally isolate you from external weather.

Have to take a few pics of the interior today, have the exterior one's done and then ill probably put it up on carzone or something, might try zucar or similar as well just to see what it comes back with - anybody got any experience with zucar?. So hard to know how to price it in the current climate as well (172 / 89500km), they seem a well regarded and super efficient car ( and after owning one i can see why!) and seem to sell fairly quickly

Definitely going to miss it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭zg3409

Done deal is 99% of customers. Car is worth 16 to 20k, probably on higher end due to supply and demand and high fuel prices.

Be sure to mention battery warranty and lots of photos and details.

Very hard to find similar online to judge a price, I see zucar have a white 2019 that has 143000km and the are looking for 23,900 euro. Personally I think that's crazy money for that high a milage, maybe I'm wrong!

Thanks - Completely forgot about the warranty, there should be a couple of months left on that for the car and over three years left on the battery I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 fluffykre

It appears the service interval for the reduction gear replacement / inspection is 120,000 km from the service manual on the ioniq 28 however what is interesting is the ioniq 5 the interval is 48 months for inspection and I suppose replacement as its hard to inspect the fluid with no dip stick.

Someone on the ioniq 5 thread posted pictures of their manual here: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/118805677/#Comment_118805677

I am waiting on a quote for changing the reduction gear fluid from my local dealer, I have a 191, I feel it may help prolong the life of the reduction gear.

Don't forget that most dealers are buying at the moment. May be handier than going through Zucar, etc. That's the way I recently sold my ID.3.

They are been hit hard as well by a lack of quality second hand cars. They then add on a further warranty and appear to have no shortage of customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Is it possible to change when the lights illuminate (adjust sensitivity) on Auto (191 Ioniq 28)

I find when the lights are on Auto , they do not illuminate in overcast , weather. By comparison 90% of other cars have their lights on, in these conditions

• Advertisement

i have a 172, the same car - i don't think there is a way to adjust it, but in saying that mine has always been perfect - might be worth getting it looked at if you are not happy, could be something simple :)

I have not really heard of any issues/failures on ioniq 28

I did see this before

I heard some mention of odd issues with Kona motor/gearbox/bearings on worryingly low mileage cars, possibly root cause is misalignment causing undue stress on parts I doubt changing oil would help, but inspecting it might help detect issues early. Naturally changing it early won't harm the car. It might help if bearings are overheating . I assume ioniq has somewhat similar set up. I mostly have heard of high mileage ioniq having little to no issues, but it's hard to know real statistics.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭ElitesTeam

Anyone buy one recently? seems to be little on the market. Will the dealers haggle much and what's considered a good price a 2017/18 year.

There will be very little haggling. Ioniq 28kWh is an excellent EV, very well specced too. I sold mine over 2 years ago for €19,500 with low miles and depreciation has been near zero since then.

Thanks,

Can someone confirm,

It has a battery warranty up to 160,000km or 8 years even if you buy it private off someone.

Also does the 5 year warranty end at the end of the year or to the date the car was first registered and does it transfer a 2nd or 3rd owner?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,267 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Fairly sure warranty is from the date the car was first registered. Warranties all transfer, they are tied to the car not the owner.

Yes warranties fully transfer and are from the date of first purchase, however many 171 models will now be at the end of the 5 year full Hyundai warranty. When we traded our 171 in January apparently the Hyundai dealer were offering another full 1 year warranty for the next owner, something worth considering if thinking of buying an earlier 28kWh.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

It's to the date it was first registered. We had a warranty issue looked at last week and the end of our warranty date was noted on the paperwork.

Thanks,

Do all 28kwh Ioniq have battery heat pumps and liquid cooling?

All 28kWh Ioniq have heatpump as standard, but batteries are air cooled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Just as an FYI - I took my Ioniq in for service yesterday.

And there's another recall due to do with high voltage system cable or wiring.

Dealers need to see the car first in order to see if it needs the replacement parts.

Apparently its a 2 to 3 hour job - mine needs the work doing so they will call me when the parts come in.

That's the ECU job isn't it? That was a recall about 3 years ago. Visual inspection first and no work needed if it looks ok. If not ok, the ECU needs to be replaced.

I assumed the throttle failsafe issue (which I knew about already) was just a software update.

Will double check what exactly is getting done

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Can I ask what year your Ioniq is, Old Diesel? Mine’s a 2018 but isn’t due a service until August or thereabouts.

Battery is 200,000km on earlier models, reduced to 160,000km on newer cars. Contact Hyundai Ireland with reg on exact warranty date and month. All Hyundai have 5 year everything warranty except 12 volt battery. Battery cooling is forced air, a big fan, unlike leaf which is nothing (passive). This means you typically get full 50kW charging rate on esb chargers or 70kW peak on higher power chargers up to around 76/80% after which it slows a lot. This means 20/30 minute stops versus 40/50 minute stops on equivalent leaf on longer trips. On really long trips multiple charging stops are still fast unlike leaf where battery overheats and charging rate slows. Heat pumps are standard on ioniq meaning in winter range drops less when you have cabin heating on versus similar leaf with only non heat pump heating Expect to pay 20,000 euro for a 28kWh model if you can find one. Real world motorway range 130+km, more in summer, more if you drive slow. Real world motorway high speed range of 28kWh ioniq can exceed 30kWh leaf and even 40kWh leaf. Ranges of 250km are claimed by some but not high speed motorway in winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Wondering if any other Ioniq owners have had this issue. My key fob has been acting up for weeks (I assumed it was the key battery needing replacing and I kept putting off replacing it). Things like:

• taking a few extra presses of the fob to unlock the doors
    • getting key fob not in vehicle warnings in the car

Eventually, over the weekend, these issues have become seemingly permanent. I can't lock the doors when I leave the car, I need to manually start the car by holding the fob to the start button.

This was also happening with the spare key. I replaced the batteries on both, but no change.

Local Hyundai dealership, helpfully, can fit the car in for a check in 2 months.

Anyone come across this and any ideas of what I might do?

There is less than a year left on the warranty so considering bringing it elsewhere to be looked at.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭innrain

My bet is on the 12V battery. Can you get it tested?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Thanks,

Do I need to bring to a garage to get it tested? (Hyundai Assist might also be an option)

Would car still start and run normally if the 12V battery is causing issues? Also, no battery warning light on dash

• Advertisement

Where are you based? I have a plug in trickle charger that you can connect to 12v to get idea of how 'healthy' it is.

They're about €20 from Lidl/Aldi whenever they pop up.

Failing that, just go to a motor factors and get a new 12v battery and connect it yourself. Will cost you €50/€85.

If it doesn't improve things - at least you have a spare for when the one in the car does give up the ghost!

Advertisement