Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contract lengths, and how they are implemented.

Options
  • 20-03-2022 7:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

This might be a discussion for the legal area, but I thought I would try here first as it deals with the contract length of a telecom product.

If I as a consumer take out a 12 month contract with a provider, and I get a confirmation mail saying 'your service has begun on the 15th January, 2020', am I wrong to find it odd that I am advised in follow-up calls I make approaching the end of the term to hear that my contract will not be finished until 14th February, 2021?

Would the contract expiry not be 14th January, 2021?

Is there something fundamental to how contract lengths are arrived at that I am missing? Why would a provider advise me that my contract ends at the end of my 13th full month with them?

Comments

Advertisement