Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picnic in the Mall, Castlebar.

Options
  • 19-03-2022 2:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am in Castlebar in the next few days. I am just wondering am I allowed to have a picnic in the Mall.

I will take all my belongings with me and leave the area as I found it.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Yes no problem and they have a few picnic benches. A lot of people buy coffee and other bits in Rua and Gavin's and eat at the benches so often all in use.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Thanks for that! Are they them bench seats dotted around the edge or proper picnic benches with a table? You’re referring too!?

I passed by once before in the car so apologies, my memory is kinda hazy..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

They have bench seats dotted around but added about 6 or 7 proper picnic benches with tables during covid to encourage outdoor meeting and dining. 2 or 3 in the middle under the trees and the rest at the edge near Rua and Gavin's.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Thank you very much for this! We had the picnic today! It was quite overcast, however, luckily it remained dry!

I think it's such a lovely area to just sit and watch the world pass by..

After the picnic. We then went to this walkway path down past TESCO and past a canal. Then we went up this steep section of the path and arrived at a bench that overlooked a lake to the left and a graveyard to the right. There was also another lake behind us. I have no idea of the name. But it was so beautiful and scenic!

Mayo is such a lovely part of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Poll Dubh

I reckon you were at Lough Lannagh which is indeed a nice spot. On a clear day you'll see Croagh Patrick in the distance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement