Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭rogber

Exactly. Slow, brutal, much worse than expected, but Russia will win this war if it keeps going, Ukraine knows it too and that's why Zelensky is clearly willing for big compromise while there is still a country left to save

How does Russia win the war... what does that look like, especially as the West keep supplying weapons and info?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

Polish, Ukrainian and Belarussians organised blockade on Polish-Belarussian border to prevent trucks entering Belarus. The queue on one of the check points is approx. 45 km long. Only 2 trucks with animals were allowed to pass today.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭rogber

It looks like a country reduced to rubble and a population so traumatised it just gives up. Like Putin learned from his pal in Syria.

But that's worst case scenario and I think there'll be some kind of deal before that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

Wait a few days. Not only Poland wants the peace keeping mission. And to be honest I want that to happen. Russians are killing kids, civilians and sending Russian kids to die. Can we just wait because Putler has nukes? What if he decides to invade another country? Finland? Sweden? Would it make a difference? Putler can't win but he can kill much more people. Have you heard about 56 victims of the shelling of the nursing home today?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Gazprom bribed various people in Germany (Schroder), Belgium, etc and encouraged an anti-nuclear movement. The Greens got into power sharing at the last elections. Germany closed half of it's remaining 6 nuclear power plants in 2021 and the last 3 were to be closed down this year.

I am currently very suspicious of Angela Merkel's anti nuclear tilt, given Schroeder becoming a director at Gazprom and previously pushing environmentalism.

"How a Mindless Climate War on Energy Surrendered Ukraine"

https://gellerreport.com/2022/02/how-a-mindless-climate-war-on-energy-surrendered-ukraine.html/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,711 ✭✭✭✭briany

I have to wonder why the Russians aren't targeting Kyiv with those hypersonic missiles of theirs. If they have an idea of where Zelenskyy is, which I have seen them claim, you'd think they'd fire a couple of them at likely locations in the city and see if (from their perspective) they get lucky.

Let's skip to the end point here...

If Russia launched a sea invasion of Ireland I wouldn't expect NATO to intervene.

Sweden and Finland should request to join NATO immediately, especially Finland.

It would be interesting if Poland went into Ukraine as 'peace keepers', it would effectively mean war with Russia in Ukraine at least.

• Advertisement

I see. This Iksander rocket, though, I have just read has a decoy system that it uses to evade air defence. Was it so effective against that barracks because it is that evasive, or more because those inside were literally caught sleeping? If it can evade air defence systems, then I think the question still stands as to why they're not lobbing a few into Kyiv, targeting locations they would believe the Ukrainian leadership to be sheltering.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Beginning to think the Smartest option would be to play Russia at its own game and ukraine launch Russian weapons into Poland and to try trigger a Nato Article 5 ,

They at least try to push out and try to relieve Mariupol

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Another Russian commander dead the first senior naval officer killed in action in Ukraine

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheTruth89

Thats what they should be doing, taken the gloves off and burying Russia every which way. Ram Putins own medicine down his throat.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,407 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

It's become a real game of bingo hasnt it. Which commander/general/etc is getting killed today.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭zv2

The Ukrainians are dispersed and hard to pin down. That's one of Russia's main problems.

Post edited by zv2 on

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

That probably wouldn't work. NATO wouldn't go in unless they had confirmation that it was a hostile act on the part of Russia, and somehow I don't think finding a Russian serial number among the debris of a rocket attack would be enough. Ukraine attempting a false flag risks damaging the goodwill from the West and play into Russian hands, who could probably then strike a supply base in Poland and claim it's Ukraine doing more of the same.

The Article is 2 years out of date The US currently has tanks and troops and F-35s in Lithuania and those other baltic states. Not to mention it being a real attack on NATO.

Why wouldnt it work? NATO just puts out media they ve been attacked straight up lie, and go in and do it, beat the russians at there own game take the gloves off completely, no need for our rules and regulations just skip all that and get stuck in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,407 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

This thread has become quite a long chronolog of this war hasn't it! :)

How about you explain why you think your assessment of the risk is superior to that of Gary Kasparov, Andrei V Kozyrev, The Latvian Parliament, the Polish government and General Wes Clark, former commander of NATO. I'd put their opinions way above your craven Chicken Little witterings.

Id be far more concerned about Russias ability to attack 3 baltic states with its rag tag bunch of gobshites it calls an army than NATO's ability to defend it 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭threeball

The risk is that Putin goes full retard and launches a nuke. Very very unlikely but anythings possible. The reality is though that the very same threat is there when he defeats Ukraine and moves on to Moldova. We'll hear they're not nato either so nothing will happen so he'll move somewhere else. Eventually after killing hundreds of thousands we end up at end game where he attacks a nato country and we'll get our answer as to whether he was ever going to launch a nuke.

In the meantime, Europe will be swamped in refugees, feel under compliment to rebuild these countries when Putin eventually is defeated because Russia won't and have to explain how another genocide was allowed happen on European soil. Add a food crisis on top and the pertinent option is to stop him in his tracks now.

I'd like to see NATO get 'stuck in' myself, and stop what that b*stard Putin is doing to Ukraine, but it's not really that NATO want to do this. NATO leadership has been pretty consistent on the point of further escalation that could be caused by wading in, so they're probably not going to manufacture an excuse to do that.

I don't think that Putin would press the nuclear button from NATO forces entering Ukraine and pushing the Russians out. I don't think so. I don't know so. This is the problem that NATO faces. I can understand the need for absolutes when facing the potential for nuclear war, even if it's only a small chance, but it's definitely very frustrating to watch what Russia are doing to Ukraine and a force that could easily defeat them in conventional warfare not directly intervening.

That part is probably wrong: "I argue in this thread that if we “blink” on Putin’s nuclear threat, we will increase the risk of WWIII."

“The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything.”

― Albert Einstein

• Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭Call me Al

How are they killing naval commanders? I didnt think the Ukranians had attacked any of the Russian navy. My impresdion was that their navy were sitting outside striking range. Was he ashore at the time maybe?

He was born in Kyiv.

They absolutely shouldn't, if Russia was sat shelling civilian's in every city and town in Ireland id expect The west and NATO to do nothing but watch as we are erased from the planet, because we arent in NATO and remember putin has nukes so grab the popcorn and get a good seat for a good auld genocide.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭thomil

I can just see the HR-Speak for that:

„We offer a fast-paced, dynamic working environment with numerous opportunities for personal development and career advancement“

Sorry, not sorry 😏

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

If this was an attack on our country how would we feel if the UK did not provide a no fly zone, did not provide troops or the EU did not intervene militarily and instead tried to ship in aid from Northern Ireland and accept our refugees.

How would you feel about NATO not intervening if Dublin was being bombarded, The mater hospital in ruins, Apartments burning. Galway invaded and rights taken away, The Curragh wiped out.

Leaving your homes in fear, leaving loved animals at home to die as you cannot bring them abroad, your homes and possessions left to burn or be raided by foreign invaders.

Our leaders bundled into vehicles and taken away, values and culture destroyed.

All the while the sanctions mount up against our aggressors and weapons flow into our small army through the NI border. Yet our calls to defend our people are met with " Ireland is not worth risking WW3 for " and " Ireland is not part of NATO, but step a foot in NI and we will wipe you out ".

Not much good as Ireland and it's people are wiped from the map and our ports and airports taken over by ruthless invaders.

Would you all be accepting of NATO and the West's position then?>

Or do people just think we in Ireland are worth more than Ukrainians, that's some f^^king sick ego if that's the case.......!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement