Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭The devils

19.3 kw

80% battery left after using oven

360 w still happening here

And opted for a barbeque for dinner 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭connesha

Best 2 days since install so far, 35.7 kwh yesterday and 34.4kwh today. Roof slope is quite low, so looking forward to more of these from now on!

Diverted 14.4 kwh and 11 kwh into a storage heater via Eddi (the type with the bricks that holds heat for ages, 2.4kw input, will accept approx 17kwh to fully "charge"). It heated the bedroom area (north of house) yesterday evening and was still releasing heat when got up this morning, so finally able to keep oil off completely (it doesn't need a lot of heat to take the chill out of the nights these days)

Post edited by connesha on

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

24.7kWh today. Used nearly all of it, exported only 1.2kWh. Dumped a few kWh into the oil radiator again and avoided the boiler too.

@connesha Tell me more about that storage heater on the Hints, Tips and Troubleshooting thread please. Is it an old one that was already in the house or did you buy it new for the purpose of dumping surplus PV? Better job than the oil radiators for sure, but they seem pricey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

Three very nice days here in Dublin. Got a little overcast there about 2pm today, but we'll take it as a win.

Tomorrow is looking a bit down on the previous few days (but still decent) and then Tuesday we're back to blue skies again as far as the forecast is saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭connesha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭paulbok

Yesterday was pants, heavy cloud barely lifted all day, even had some rain. Just over 7kw for the day.

Looking better for today, roughly averaging 80% of total usage for the month. The forecast for the next few days should bring that up.

Into solar summer as of yesterday so should have an overall surpluss for the next 6 months. The €200 allowance will cover most of the standing charges for the summer as well. Have a meter reading from yesterday so will compare at the Autumnal equinox, 😏 if I think of it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Great day today, water hopping, dishwasher done, washing machine done, power hosing all day and all off PV, tomorrow will be the same hopefully

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,311 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Exported 0.3 today, dammit!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭irishchris

Great day here too. Gave 8 back to grid but consumed 38kw of it. Looking forward to having more than my current 5kw battery eventually. My seplos landed in Ireland today from China so just need batteries to land next and won't have to worry too much about export and definitely not of import 😃

Post edited by irishchris on

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Niceday20

I promised to put my own "simple" excel solution to show the Radiation Graph from Met.ie. Below is the spreadsheet and how to use it.

Get your actual location from Google maps (Right click on your location) and update them in the link below.

http://metwdb-openaccess.ichec.ie/metno-wdb2ts/locationforecast?lat=52.866920;long=-98.265114

Book mark the webpage for future use.

Right click in the results and “Save Page as” “locationforecast.xml” in C: \Temp

Open the attached spreadsheet “Radiation Import.xlsx” which can be stored anywhere on your PC.

Click In the Graph area in Tab “Pivot Chart” to activate the “Pivot Chart” option in the menu bar, and from the menu bar select “Pivot Chart Analyze” and then “Refresh” and “Refresh all” from the ribbon.

A graph like the one below is displayed showing radiation and cloud cover for your location for the next  ten 24 hour periods (hourly for first three 24 hour periods, and then 3 hourly and 6 hourly for the remaining periods).

If you want to change the file location for the input file, firstly tick the “developer” option to add this to your menu (File-> Options -> Customize Ribbon and then Developer option in the right hand box).

Then select the “Raw Data” Tab.

From the menu bar, select “Developer” and “Import” on right of ribbon

Above used Firefox and Office 365

Post edited by Niceday20 on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Quite safe to say that given our forecast for the next week or so this should be the best March in quite a while

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Yeah, 67kWh today, easily going to crack a megawatt hour this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭The devils

Past 7 days usage from grid

1 day rate unit

3 night rate units

🙂🙂

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

26.1kWh today, 392kWh month to date. PVGIS-SARAH2 v5.2 estimate is 402kWh, and will easily beat that tomorrow.

Have been essentially off grid (both electrical and gas) since the 18th March. The low house base load means that the 5kWh battery is consistently getting us through the night. Would still like a bigger battery to get us through the dull days though.

Have really been struggling to use the generation today, as you can see below; EV charged, 250L of 60°C water in cylinder, and enough to keep house heated with oil radiators too.

Couple of PC's mining will sort out that excess capacity in NO time :-)

Great day here in galway again. Record day so far. 52.5 but unfortunately gave away 17 of it, not for want of trying to use it 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

Yes, March is turning into a great month. I have generated more than last March's total early yesterday morning. It's great to be rolling into year two and now starting to look at adding battery capacity to stop exporting in the summer and increase load shifting in the winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭paulbok

Heavy cloud to today and forecast again for tomorrow. Sat and Sun look cracking though. At the moment just 50kWh short of the March forecast so should easily hit that over the weekend.

Today is definitely going to be slower, but I'm hoping to make it through to midnight anyway before the battery empties.

Next 4 days are sunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Smashing day down in Cork, 75kWh! Not a single cloud. Only exported 11kWh due to a fairly empty EV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

God dam it! 39.3kWh thought I would break 40 for the first time ...as Mp3guy I'm in Cork and not a cloud in the sky. But there must have been some hight level clouds or hazy as I never hit my 6.1kw max. I should have been topping out at 6.1 for an hour or two but was less than that. Ah well but as someone said yesterday that's a serious sexy curve....Kate Upton or Dwane Johnson whatever floats your boat. I want to be as PC as possible... 😀

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Lovely clear skies in galway also with tomorrow looking perfect too. Just north of 53kwh today

26.3kWh today. 462kWh for the month so far... Looking likely I'll break the ½MWh barrier this month. Another 25ish-kWh tomorrow and then weather due to turn on Monday. 13kWh between Mon-Thurs seems achievable though.

Those numbers are phenomenal. 73Kwhr, 39Kwhr. Awesome. I feel a little embarrassed to lob in my 18.7Kwhr. Nearly equaled my previous best (18.9Kwhr)

ECO yeah, some kind of high altitude haze as previously I broke 3Kw when I did 18.9Kwhr, but only 2817w today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

34kwh today, slowly increasing with each day

This basically

And the month isn't even over yet 😂

26kWh here. Battery now at 69% which will comfortably take me through til tomorrow. Sunday not as good though but I'll be hitting 9am with probably with about 40% left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

Not a bad few days. Only one fly in the ointment. Still got three perfect curves out of four though!

2.5kWp array. Getting about 14.5kWh a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

God dam you high level clouds😡 another day at 39kWh....I should be topping out at 6.1 for an hour or two at least with the sun shine we got today. At least I had a great day out on my patio with my mam and dad (85 and 87) and drank a bottle of Powers with my Dad (I know it's mother day...but she's a pioneer for 80 years+) and had a great laugh.

Rock on summer

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Advertisement

Loving my purchase levels.

Last March:

And this March:

Advertisement