Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peaky Blinders - BBC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I can’t even understand anything that’s being said now, it’s just mostly garbled mumbling. Am just sticking with it to see it out to the end, as some of the earlier seasons were so good. One of my favorite seasons was the recent one with Adrian Brody, 4 I think. That was just simple storyline of one gang vs another. Since after that season it’s been trash.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

I genuinely don't know what 80% of the conversations in the last episode were even about. I don't mind a "talky" episode if it moves on the plot but I don't feel like it has. The entire setup with Ada, Mosley and Co left me scratching my head. With three episodes left I don't know where they're going.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭gucci

They turned him into a parody of himself around season 3, hasnt really contributed anything since bar being a pantomime type OTT version of his S1 and S2 self.

I will echo the sentiments above, episode 1 had me thinking this would be good, but episode 2 was disappointing and slow, episode 3 has me just thinking il leave the next 2 episodes and figure out enough from the intro of episode 6 to see out the finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

yep i can't understand half the dialogue either, have to put on the subtitles - might as well be in a foreign language🙄

Post edited by fryup on

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mary 2021

Tommy should have shot himself at the end of season 5, dramatic and an end to the peaky blinders leader. That wouild have gone down in cult history this season so far is a great disappointment, all the gypsy shite is not a winner with the viewer. Tommy needs to turn full lunatic for the next three episodes to turn it around but i feel he will be looking for meaning & forgiveness for all he has done and the ending will be a damp squib ! Pity it was exciting in the beginning & the first 3 seasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,271 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Big Improvement this week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Some TV shows gets better with every new season and leave you sad when they finish. This one is going in opposite direction quite fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,484 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

MMmm....very marginally.

The bar hasn't been set that high in Series 6, so improvement is a bit of turd polishing.

Yes it was the best episode of this season so far, and better than any in last season. But I wish that Peter Coonan had a bigger role in it, after episode 1 I thought he would be a prominent baddie in this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Not sure I can agree. I think having been so invested in the series up until this one, the first three episodes were collectively such a let down that I have almost given up hope for anything akin to a decent ending. I watched last night & for the first time ever just felt I was passing time & seeing it out rather than having any real feelings for any of the characters, good or bad. The whole Oswald Mosley thing has IMO caused it to jump the shark so to speak, its just gone too far from its roots now and has lost what made it great in the first place. I'll see it through to the end but don't have much faith in the last 2 hours giving is anything like a satisfactory conclusion.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

yep, its delving in the realms of science fiction now - trying to re-write history pitting extremists of fascism and communism against each other😑 i suppose you have to switch off the sceptical side of your brain while watching this unfold, total nonsense

It's got to the stage now where I wouldn't care if I saw the last 2 episodes or not.

Which is damning for a series that was excellent when it started and for at least 3 series.

It's just a rambling mess now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

What the hell are they doing in bringing in a long lost son for Tommy, part way through an episode, in a series that has two episodes left? Makes absolutely no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Terence Rattigan

Agreed, only watching it now to see how it ends, not invested in any of the characters or the convoluted storyline

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Some say it's setting up the film that is meant to happen in the future. As it stands I'd have no interest in a film

Or perhaps setting it up for more "Peaky Blinders" in about 6 or 7 years time?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭selassie

Dubliners Gilla Band had the opening tune of tonight's episode. Gilla Band - Lawman

• Registered Users Posts: 14,441 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

This season has been very disappointing, no tension, no drama. There seems to be an awful lot to wrap up in the final hour, not sure they can do it. Maybe the loss of Polly affected the writing/story line, but this is a bad ending season to a fine drama.

Not just this season being a bad end, the final 2 seasons look like being poor endings, unless the final episode really pulls out a fantastic end.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Max H

It's shoite, simple as. A big disappointment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭tinytobe

Season 6 is a big disappointment as certain political tendencies could have more a mean and rough feeling to it. Series 6 is obviously set during the rise of fascism in Europe, Sir Oswald Mosley is often mentioned and seen, however the subject is little exploited for anything which is criminally strong and exciting, all bearing in mind that fascism was also on the rise, not only in Germany, but also in Italy and the UK. There would have been a strong potential for the Peaky Blinders to be in business, something like supplying the Germans with drugs, dealing with another set of Italians or undermining this or that political activity, whilst having alliances with the Jews, etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I watched the latest episode last night. I thought it was EP 3 for some reason, probably as the story hasn't moved on at all. It's still a good watch but it's lost it's 'je ne sais quoi' that set it apart from other shows. Now, it's just another drama that started out great and petered out.

I missed the previous two seasons can someone fill me in - who's the Quaker woman and what's her significance to Arthur??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,441 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

His wife, if you are talking about the woman Thomas asks to help him.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,271 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Also Who were all the murdered people in that scene ?

Poor Billy's willy😫

anyone else wince when they watched that scene?? ouch!

*you know for a split second i thought it was his 'willy' that dropped to the floor when yer man left the steam room

So tonight's the night folks - Will Arthur get his comeuppance? Will Tommy get his comeuppance? will the whole Shelby family get their comeuppance? 😶

My prediction - if it comes to a shootout between Tommy and Michael, then Tommy will sacrifice himself seeing as he is gonna kick the bucket anyway.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,477 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

With a movie v on the horizon, Tommy ain't dying

• Advertisement

is a movie really going ahead has it been confirmed?

Advertisement