Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,008 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Does anyone know if the Executive is still available to order? Going to test drive one today and looking at either the Executive or the Plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Anyone know how much service cost is?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭PhilBky

Not exactly helpful but there seems to be little info and some confusion. My dealer has stickered the car for 15000 kms or 1 year - exactly the same as my old i40 and the service booklet is the one for ICE cars.

The manual showsthe first service for cars in Europe as 30,000 kms or 24 months and repeated at the same intervals thereafter. In Ireland these service checks should come under the 5 year free service deal.

In addition the manual says to check coolant monthly, and brake fluid levels yearly as part of the owner self maintenance programme.

As I’ve mentioned previously with EVs we are at the equivalent of the early 1900s for ICE vehicles and everyone is learning and things will become clearer as time goes by.

The pages in the manual

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Thanks for the responses. We have sticker with 30k kms on it. I asked what service costs were when car was delivered and was told he wasn't sure, probably about €200. I asked what had to be done in an electric car that would cost that amount. He said it needs to be connected to computer and calibrated. He sounded like he wasn't at all sure. I had wanted to see if there was a service plan but forgot about it before buying. Was told afterwards that Hyundai have stopped their service plan as they were losing money on it. So I'm still none the wiser about what the actual cost will be for a regular service. I was always told by EV owners that their services cost very little.

More confusion. I’ve had two i40s and my wife has an i10. The first i40 and the i10 were purchased under the Hyundai 5 year free service plan which seemingly morphed into the currently advertised 5 years free health check and report which was offered when I bought the second i40.

That car had two annual health checks and reports which included oil top up and windscreen washer fill. Nothing else required and nothing was paid for.

When my wife’s i10 last required servicing after the five year service deal had expired the full service including consumables - oil, grease for door catches etc., brake fluid and changing the wheels around came to €180.

I can’t see any justification for €200 for plugging in to a computer and a little lubrication and perhaps brake fluid.

Time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭John arse

Anyone getting much better range now in the warmer weather?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Every EV in the country should be noticed the reduced consumption now for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

Anyone noticing paint chipping on the bonnet. Noticed a few not bit more than previous cars. Maybe should have went for paint protection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭denismc

I did a long motorway run last weekend, my effective range according to the gom went from 360 km down to 250km.

It will take a few hundred km to back upto 360 I'd say!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭denismc

I wonder does the air-con use the heat pump only to heat the car as opposed to resistive heating which uses a bit more juice?

I remember in the old Ioniq there was a way to use the heat pump only to heat the car but I just can't remember mode I used.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I have been waiting 2 months for a local detailing company to get the cut outs for vinyl wrapping the front painted panel, the mirrors and bonnet. It seems none have been designed yet - at least available to Irish detailers - and though the company can wrap and free hand cut the vinyl, they don’t want to do that for fear of nicking adjacent paint.

With matte paint and Kerry roads it can only be a matter of time before the Council start flinging tar chippings into wet potholes, tapping them with a pointed shovel and leaving them for cars to pull them out and fling them at the vehicles behind, including mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Hi All, Happy Monday - have been looking at a EV for a couple of years and being in a terraced house and no drive was a blocker however i have found at least two installers who can now install a charge point and have cable management so in the market and was looking at the Ioniq5. Will be using to go from Ashbourne to Parkwest 2 or three times a week and then potter around the village as needed. Current car is a 2016 Jag XF so will be a change and looking to get feedback from owners who made the jump but also hear what the quality of the car is like.

Unsure on model i will order but could be premium with 73kw option as we drive to Achill Island every so often,

Thanks in Advance

• Registered Users Posts: 12,115 ✭✭✭✭KCross

being in a terraced house and no drive was a blocker however i have found at least two installers who can now install a charge point and have cable management

can you elaborate on that?

what solution are they providing? Are they digging the council footpath?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Here's one solution :)

This company has also installed a pedestal in the planted section next to parking spaces which is much nicer than an installation on the path or within the parking space itself.

I think the next few years will be messy with the council getting the finger out for on street parking installations, especially as management companies are involved in multi unit developments.

Just to note on my situation the Cul-de-sac i live is has very little foot traffic and is also not council owned or controlled and neither private management firm. So so long as i take all hazard precautions and charge at night only when needed it should be ok.

• Advertisement

I have a query with these guys also in a ChargeArm... i like how this operates and while i manage all grass and upkeep of my area a few households have contacted me in reference to something that could work for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Pumpkin101

All, I have been watching and learning from this thread for the last few months (thank you!) - enough so to convince me to order and take delivery of a 58kWh Exec+ mid January. It is an amazing car and all going fantastic until a few weeks ago, I got a coolant level warning (the pink one) and an "engine" control system warning. Garage initially topped up coolant, but fault reoccurred and then diagnosed it as a water pump failure and the car has been off the road for nearly 3 weeks waiting for the part to arrive. A loaner Kona hybrid has alleviated most of the hassle, but the fault and the supply chain problems are concerning. I saw online that there were problems with the water pump when the car was launched last year, but very little failure reports I could find after that. Has anyone else seen this issue or had difficultt accessing parts?

Interesting stuff on the charger, bit of info on isolator switches apparently these are not mandated (according to an installer I had to fix some issues I was having with solar setup and charger). There were some stolen by turning the isolator switch off and taking the charger so advantage not getting isolator switch if away from house.

On the car delighted with it do 130 km a 3 times a week (charge at work) and seldom drops below 50%. Did a west coast trip at the weekend 250km and had no range anexity (charged up to 100% before leaving).

Car, plenty of room, comfort loads of tech and decent performance (nothing near the Tesla I test drove but no regrets overall Ioniq 5 better car for my needs). Never had so many people complimenting me on a car. Also it bailed me out power wise powering the home office a few weeks ago in powercut with V2L setup.

Performance wise should still be similar if not better than the Jag (using sport mode). One draw back I see driving wise is the wheel length takes getting used to turning circle wise ( but camera system on premium plus helps).

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Sargasso

We had posts on need for Isolator Switch on forum back at start of Jan (I had hoped to avoid installing one) but quote I got included one and installer forwarded below which I shared. As I am due to get unit installed at start of April so I contacted them again today, see their reply below. If anyone has info on new regulation that supersedes below I would be grateful if they could post.

Hi , I have not heard form any of our customers that their chargers have been stolen. It is a mandatory requirement here in Ireland to have an isolator installed within 2 meters from the charger and is easily accessible. If the charger is stolen, it could be potentially easily trackable if connected to the internet as it will have an IP address. At the same time, it could also be useless to the person who tries to use it as it will be set up on your account and locked. Keep a note of your S/N of the charger. Apart from that I am unsure what else I can say or do to reassure you. A lot of these forums could be referenced to UK standards which is different to here.

Podge 1979 mentions the Ioniq 5 turning circle. I’ve approx 40 ft width and 25 ft depth in front of my house with the gates closed. My wife has an i10 which, when parked, makes parking the 5 an ‘interesting’ exercise!

Getting out is a little easier and I’ve now got both manoeuvres sorted but the turning circle and the width of the car are very different from the longer i40 I traded in.

The installer challenged that for the safe certification and the reason he was given was is needed for maintenance, but the power also needs to be cut to service the isolator too so he got the safe cert without isolator apparently. Only going by what he told me unfortunately I had one of those isolators already in place.

There is also the terminology it's a rule but is it a regulation. Probably depend on the installer and getting the certification. This guy was big on the esthetics of the unit.

Theft is set to take off

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/electric-car-charger-theft-warning-23460495

Yeah there's a drive thru I go to the odd time that makes me look like a right clown trying to get around.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭dmn

It looks like the Grand Uranus car carrier is in the Suez Canal and making it’s way to Cork.

https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/GRAND-URANUS-IMO-9472206-MMSI-477142300

• Registered Users Posts: 19,364 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Is it going to pass under Butt Bridge in Dublin first?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Redfox25

I think it stopping in Muff in Donegal first.

Advertisement