Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elden Ring (George RR Martin and From Software)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

140 new posts aha - the thread is exploding ha. Was busy for this nice long weekend and took extra days off as well.

I started new game as astrologer as planned - beat Margit at the entrance and then decided to completely skip the rest of Stormveil heh. Explored 'naturally' south weeping peninsula and then north - I was at Leyndell without a single Great rune aha - literally just went with the flow - I think this is my 'wizard run' doing Int build and I just beat Raya Lucaria (nice name but ya i just called it harry potter castle). Supposedly astrologer has an older history than sorcery/sorcerer so I am like the lost tribe descendant focusing on anything magic related - all quests now point to Radahn so ya I will go to Caelid next. Absolutely fantastic world built by From - I keep finding new things in my second playthrough and since I already knew more or less where/what is the 'usual' path, I spend more effort to double checking on secrets etc and then pleasantly suprised aha.

And ya new patch hit - indeed i have been using Sword of night flame - the nerf didnt bother me one bit since i am doing glass cannon build (need to repeat 5-10 rounds of attack to the bosses anyway) - nearly everything 1-3 shots me lol - overall working as intended, still strong but balanced. But ye i put more stats on Vigor now...

And ya because I have never been to inside Stormveil,

I have never/will not meet Rogier. Nepheli Loux somehow showed up at roundtable after I got Seluvis's potion - but I intend to give Dung eater the potion later heh...I got her the stormhawk thingy ready this time so i will see what happens to her quest next - supposedly the new patch fixed Kenneth's quest which is also linked to her.

ha ya, if you followed Ranni quest (officially started after you joined her gang) - meeting Blaidd at the Siofra River and he will say maybe Seluvis knows something - and then 'Sellen' (and her location) is mentioned by Seluvis iirc I followed Ranni quest 'faithfully' 2 days ago ha.

she is at waypoint ruin - east side of our starting location - not far from mistwood where you first met Blaidd

• Registered Users Posts: 29,808 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I need to pay closer attention to npc's, it's not as if they have a ton of lines to get through but i have no recollection of an area mentioned by Seluvis.

I'm level 50 now and going all in with Str and Vig from here out. May regret that later reading some of the stuff here but I'm loving the build at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,808 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah, found a video of Ranni's quest and the Seluvis bit. He says Sellen is in Limgrave, really narrows it down :D the location she's in, I've been there a couple of times and even though i ran around the place looking for items, i completely missed the cellar entrance. World never have thought to go back there looking for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://youtu.be/NUcFkpIVEHA

Has anyone been to the final area Vaati mentions in this video? So many secrets in this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,596 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Are you talking about Deeproot Depths? Yes, I've been there, but I got there a different way than Vaati mentions. At the end of one of the Siofra areas there's a coffin near the Grace in the area you beat the two large Gargoyles (the end of the area). If you get into it it transports you to Deeproot Depths. The place is filled with ants and those lizard f*cks who spew deathblight, and those f*cks are well hidden and numerous. Not a fun area. Found it a few days ago but went back to it last night for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

No the area behind the secret wall in the forest where everyone died of Frenzy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Was just about to post the same video - crazy what they've packed into the game alright. One clip near the end of his video where he lies down I had seen before - leads to a boss fight that gives a sword with an awesome looking attack:

Ah yeah. I knew about that area and what happens down there from seeing it on someone's stream, but I haven't ventured into it. I need to progress the Blind Maiden's quest first, but it seems to be bugged for me. Can't find any more grapes, as it seems a certain NPC invader has decided not to show up for me.

Same that I tried to get the invader triggered (at Revenger shack) but he wont show up lol. But then I killed the NPC right there at his someone place and I got the grape dropped - presumably thats why there is no need for him to invade (he is already dead aha).

(and ya shall we no need to spoiler info at this stage lol)

• Advertisement

😂ya not surprised 'Limgrave' is all he said lmao. And ya the NPC dialogues require our full attention as they wont repeat all info they say lol. I met Sellen at the ruin beforehand (i saw her spectral forms somewhere also) - and then the new patch hit so i can see who's in Limgrave ha. I am just starting to get used to the (less commonly used) places/graces roughly located where on the map after 100 hours lol.

Post edited by seraphimvc on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭Cordell

I finished it yesterday, with the "good" ending. What a masterpiece! It was the best gaming experience I had in years - but it was too intense and I probably won't touch it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Ive steam rolled nearly every boss, including Melania, but the final boss is testing my patience. Find the actual final boss incredibly frustrating to fight as a Meleee build because I cant see what is going on half the time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've been there for ages! Now I've been quite busy lately but I'm still exploring that area a week later, it's massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,161 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Sellen is bugged for me. I met her in one cellar where you can speak to her and learn spells but she's also in another cellar chained to a wall saying the same line everytime you interact with her.

Has she asked you to find some of her sorcerer friends? You might need to buy a few of her sorceries to trigger it, or maybe it only happens after you beat Radahn.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

That’s not a bug ;) The full quest happens later in the game, and the reason for two Sellens starts making more sense.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

As far as I know the quest only progresses...

... after you've found Comet Azur on Mt Gelmir.

Yeah I couldn't remember if she asks you to find him first, or if you have to find him yourself and then she asks you to find the next guy.

It was the opposite for me, Melania* was much more frustrating than the beast, both done with nerfed Mimic and melee build. But at the end one I was tempted to just give up knowing there's nothing else afterwards, but I kept pressing on and I prevailed :)

*it's Malenia but I too like to call her that :)

And in case you didn't know, Ranni is voiced by Aimee-Ffion Edwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,348 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Got to the Atlus Plateau and i'm feeling a little burned out on my magic build, im thinking it'd be so much easier as a melee user in some situations and not being worried about FP.

I mostly melee, but as I use the weapon art a lot I still have to manage FP. Can be troublesome, but it's worth the payoff to have good ranged damage with magic, and decent melee damage, especially as the moonveil katana scales more with Int than Dex.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

Anyone playing this with a gtx 970? Worth buying and trying to run it on that? I do have 16gb ram if that helps? I know i am going to have to bite the bullet on replacing that gpu soon anyway but so far it copes fine with everything I play and even with VR. Half considering buying it on steam and if it doesn't run then ordering a new GPU, but they are still hard to come by it seems and i think Nvidia are shortly to announce a new generation, which will hopefully help reduce the price of say a 2070/3070.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I see the new patch still hasn't fixed the black fire weapon buff. It's really obvious that someone entered 6 instead of 60 for effect duration. At least I've lightning weapon buff that let me finally wreck that crucible knight in the evergaol last night.

I'm a little further than you, but just to reassure you there are very few fights so far where I've regretted being a magic build. Granted, I have a well upgraded Moonveil to go with my spells so I often do get up close, but it's definitely a game where you'll often have an easier time as a sorcerer than a melee fighter.

FP management can be tricky, but I have 5/6 FP flasks vs around 8/9 HP at this stage, which tends to be more than enough for most fights. You're also at the part of the game where you can unlock some very handy magic-boosting Physik tears which will again tip the scales in your favour a little :)

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

There's also a talisman to grant FP back on critical hits, so if you find a good way to stagger opponents you can build a playstyle around that. Tho it does mean you can't just skirt the outlines of battle, you need to be able to get in often enough

Yeah I didn’t get any extra prompts from Sellen until I spoke to her after getting that spell, so it seems that is indeed the trigger for progressing her quest beyond just opening up her spell shop :)

Yes it should be fine on a 970, you may need to drop the quality a bit and IMHO this game looks like the games of that era anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

What level did you beat it at? And did it just come down to RNG? I feel like this is what its going to take for me (less explosions, more staggers in phase 1)

• Advertisement

Use the talisman that draws aggro to you, summon mimic and immediately remove it from yourself. This can keep the heat off you enough to make the difference or just get mimic killed faster ymmv.

Advertisement