Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gran Turismo 7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Lol, I wouldn’t put it past them!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,936 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Still trying to even get close (.6) of gold on B10

So how many hours grinding would you need to buy the mclaren f1 at 18,500,000? 50 hours? Or you could just hand over €185. Absolutely outrageous and indefensible.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I've 2 questions if anyone can answer please?

1: Have the dirt tires been fixed for the licence tests?

2: is it possible to buy a car and keep tuning it to compete with faster cars to a reasonable level? I'd like to take a Japanese tuner or at most a Dodge Viper and have them compete for as long as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

100% Yes to 1, and I’m pretty sure 2 is a yes also. Have a GTO Twin Turbo souped up to the last and I’m having great craic winning tough races with it. There’s a limit to how far you can take a car, of course, you’ll never be able to race a Viper against proper super cars no matter how much you put into it but there are plenty of upgrades available to take weaker cars up a few classes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Post edited by Jordan 199 on

Awesome, just got it. Won't be attending much time on it with Elden Ring but hopefully we can get some online races just for boards going. My psn is in my sig of you want to add to compare times.

Woohoo! I won 500,000 credits in the prize spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,137 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Ah the top 10 friends listing on my game.

I'll be setting up a lobby about 7.30 - 8.00 tonight. I'll let ye know when it is up and running.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Tried the multiplayer just in lobbies and if the host quits it's over which is not great obviously. Was doing a 5 lap race and host quits on the last lap after getting in a tangle with another player.

Next lobby host quits after 2 laps so we're all kicked again. I get the frustration when you get hit by other players but just quitting like that and the race ends sucks.

Hard to put the game down when ye start I'm finding,constantly just thinking ill just do one more race....

Favourite cars so far are the R32 Skyline and the Camaro ZL1 1LE. Really enjoying both of those.

It's very hard to pick a favourite car in GT7, but the Camaro ZL1 1LE is an excellent car. It powered me to the Pan American Championship after spending a lot of money and working hard to win.

It had a nervous rear-end, but nowhere as bad as the Mustang I entered in the same championship. The Mustang was scary to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I got a million on it the other day. Other than that I only win 5,000 or parts I'll never use.

Well done. Did your 1m credit come in the form of ten gold bars?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

CMP--23 is my PSN. Count me in for some boards racing 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Agree with both of ye, that Camaro is a lovely vehicle to drive. Perfect balance between power and precision for the size of it, think it’ll be the next car I sink a load of coins into.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

There was gold bars. I never counted them though.

Uuugghhh this unskippable intro suuuuuucks!

U got the game then 👍

You have the option to disable the intro film in the options menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,936 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

After first time you can turn off in the options or hit the O button

• Advertisement

Have it turned off now thanks. Just turned it on for a quick spin so was annoying. After the music race, i turned off steering assist, braking assists and racing lines. Kept corner indicators and braking area just until i get used to them. The assists are weird, no idea of I'm driving or the AI, much better with them off and actually learning.

Cockpit view is brilliant and my Demio actually feels fun to drive. Any tips starting off? Try looking for specific races that will complete menus or start on the licenses? Maybe a mix of the licenses start getting repetitive trying to get gold?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Hop off the menus, it will point you towards the specific races to win the menu cars. That and the licences kept me going for a good few hours initially.

Anyone a recommendation for a foldable mount for the G29 + Shifter?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭quokula

Man the amount of sleep I've been losing out on because the game is just too much fun. Since I finished the menus last week I was planning to play it a bit less and get back to my Horizon Forbidden West playthrough, but every time I turn the Playstation on I plan to just quickly do the marathon mileage before switching over, and end up just playing GT7 for my entire session. I'm working my way through the missions and the remaining world circuit races and dabbling in sport mode. I've got one win in sport mode, with my trusty Mini I upgraded heavily during my menu playthrough and now power restricted to meet the requirements. I've had less success in the faster cars, with one third place in my BMW M3 GT4. I always enjoy the road cars more, looking forward to events with some faster road going cars.

I do think they've missed a trick with the amount of single player events after the menus. Surely it would be next to no work for them to add an endurance race to each world circuit for example, along with a few more car categories. The game already has all the content required and you can DIY it with custom races, but it seems a bit of a waste not to have more curated events. For example the first 30 minute race during the missions with increased fuel use was excellent. I found myself adjusting my car by reducing engine power and turning down downforce to eliminate drag, while reducing weight too to get myself to a car that ran well and was fuel efficient. A bunch of events like that in World Circuits would be amazing.

If your only starting out the clean race bonus is well worth trying for if you have a fast enough car. Can be difficult when you start in 20th but the extra cash is well worth it

I've had Wheelstand Pro and a GT Omega Apex at this point,Wheelstand folds up smaller but has a pole in the middle,which some people won't like and is slightly less steady than the GT Omega Apex. Apex does take up more room when folded and requires more effort to fold up.

Both are pretty heavy with the wheel attached but I'd say the Wheelstand Pro is a bit lighter overall.

Personally I like the Apex better but if space is a major concern for storage the Wheelstand would be a better bet

I entered a Championship where the maximum PP is 600. The first car I entered was a 2001 911 GT3. Was great fun to drive and the flat 6 sounded great, but it wasn't competitive.

I switched to a 2008 370Z. Was nowhere at the races in that thing.

So I moved onto a 2014 Subaru WRX. That was much more competitive and great fun to drive and sounded great. I lost out on third spot in the championship by one point.

So I slightly upped the power in it, and now it is a perfect 600 PP.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭bladespin

Was that not always the case, even back to GT1? You had to earn your way to the good cars. it took months to get to anything really exotic.

Not like before, McLaren F1 is almost 10 times more expensive than it was in GT Sport. The Porsche 917K is now up for sale too. 20,000,000 or €200 in real money. That equates to about another 40 hours grinding to achieve. Also gameplay generated credits are capped at 20,000,000. MTX credits aren’t capped.

The main difference now with GT7 is that the game is always online only. PD can mine user data to see where credits are being farmed and nerf payments. Then you have FOMO tactics like dealer invitations, legend car sales and roulette spins…all of this is designed to push FTP style micro transactions.

So for €80 you don’t really get a game you own. You get a license to play as long as Polyphony see fit. They can change goalposts and prices anytime, which they’ve already done, and ultimately kill the game entirely when GT8 comes along should they wish to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

Are you supposed to use your invitation to buy a car ? I have one for a Bugatti Veyron for €2m. But I have no races which I intend to use it on. Also have a invitation for a Lamborghini. Can’t remember it’s price. I have €2m banked so far and regularly use it to get upgrades of current cars. Can I just ignore the invitation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I got one randomly for Porsche one day, then "won" another in the raffle. Can't use either as the car I was invited to buy is out of my price range and so I've ignored them for a while now. They're still there so I couldn't tell you if they're timed or not...

Advertisement