Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I'd say her husband has a pain in his hole listening to this shyte daily, poor man

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Holy batman

She's a healthcare worker?

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Captain Barnacles

A lot of the hardcore covidian cultists are ...

Which one, I'm bamboozled at this stage, the expert said she self employed, perhaps the other wan 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭cozar

callers might be able to find the sites on facebuke?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I have to dash. Disappointing show tbh, I was expecting something special…..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭mumo3

they're also symptoms of many other illnesses ..... sure I suffer from serious fatigue even before covid, but I suffer from parenthood!

I will also included

Depression & Anxiety

Joint Pain

Difficulty sleeping

Brain Fog ... and many, many more

but again, I also suffer from everyday life and multitasking work and home

• Registered Users Posts: 82,520 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

April 7th I must walk along de Liffey Boardwalk and say hello to the pond life so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,504 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Oh goody, more Long Covid and death and destruction.

Joe creaming himself.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement
    M

Wonder was anyone sitting in a bombed out apartment in Ukraine waiting for him to chat to them today?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,504 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I suspect that in some of these cases there arises a well-known syndrome, where reading of symptoms inspires a feeling of having them. Known informally as 'Medical Student Syndrome'.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

You missed Delusion, probably the worst side effect IMO 😏

Dr Google & Facebuke are experts in that field of medicine 😏

That one seemed to have skipped me, but my kids definitely suffer from it 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 7,649 ✭✭✭Floppybits

No update on how Rambo is getting on on the frontlines?

I think his plane was actually diverted to Cuckoo land Cawlur 😁

This long covid will disappear overnight if the DSP announces in no uncertain terms that there will no payouts for long covid. Then the journalists need to ignore and we will be back t o ME and chronic Lyme in no time. I bet long covid doesnt exist in places with no social welfare system

• Registered Users Posts: 14,006 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Friend of the show, Aubrey McCarthy on the rte evening news, speaking about the charity he is involved in, organising school places for Ukrainian refugees

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

OK here's my take on Long Covid , wether I'm wrong or right it's just an opinion.

Firstly that lady today (expert on everything, but understands nothing) makes a mockery out of what may or may not exist.

Being completely objective, I do believe there are very specific long term symptoms that may be related to covid but most are easily identifiable but not necessarily easily connected to covid. It would seem to me that Genuine sufferers of long covid had it really bad, likely ending up in ICU , Kate Garraways husband a good example. The cawlurs today had only one thing bad, Verbal Diarrhea.

The Cawlurs today were all over the shop and seemed to be making up symptoms as the calls progressed, some extraordinary claims including weekly blood tests which were complete nonsense.

Some experts have acknowledged something exists, for example one Radiologist in the UK has discovered a kind of scaring or damage to lungs that doesn't show up on standard MRI scans and there's an ongoing study. Even Luke O Neill recently acknowledged there is some temporary brain damage but likely not permanent.

My reading of the Department of Health and DSP approach is accept and acknowledge absolutely nothing with regard to long covid and It didn't take long for the expert Cawlur to mention it not being a recognised disability (we know what's going on there)

Personally I believe the real long term affect of covid are not physical illnesses but more physiological and mental, both those directly or indirectly impacted and those isolated in their homes for months in end.

Today's show was essentially a call in for deluded hypochondriacs and Joe did not once question some of the outlandish claims.

So to surmise, there is clearly some very specific symptoms, wether they are permanent or as debilitating as claimed by these loonies today is very debatable.

We can however be thankful of one thing,

Joe didn't invite us to wash our hands 😏

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

I thought a certain Troll or an organic persuasion had gone off to Ewecrane to fight for all things organic 🤔, seems I was wrong albeit the quietness of late had been refreshing.

• My little Twitter effort/experiment. I still say adding a cat picture & #cat hashtag is worth any amount of promotion money. Becoming a marketing expert overnight 🤣. I threw €10 at it, my second social media spend, my first having been targeted promotion of a genealogy page which yielded dividends in linking distant family members. Social media is powerful and can empty your pocket, but focussed promotion can work. Twitter is influential in a time-sensitive manner and can reach a big audience. But always segue in a cat where possible for added value.

My hope was to get retweets, but aside from the likers, some of the re L tweeters hopefully will be retweeted again or else some/any of these folk may be moved to start their own little campaign in their own voice, which gives authenticity.

I think I need to enrol in another course. Interesting stuff, online psychology.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,974 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Bizarre show today. Joe just believes absolutely any caller who claims anything at all... Unless they are professors of medicine or business owners.

Ahhhh here.... Mocking is catching, in the two years since its began, I have the first case of covid to hit my house tonight 🤦🏻‍♀️

M

Hopefully it's not too bad, the cases I heard about since Christmas were all relatively mild.

Sorry to hear this 😳, hopefully it won't be serious 🙏

just spotted this, tuned out for a while, wish you a speedy recovery 😏

@Atlantic Dawn @Dempo1 thank you..... I don't know if she'll survive it, she's already screamed at me that I'm a monster because I cut her toast into squares instead of triangles, I might take her out before covid.... And just to clarify she's 20 yrs old..... **** triangles, I'll give her triangles 😂

Post edited by mumo3 on

• Advertisement
    M

Bit of TK Lemonade and some Seven-Up and she will be flying so to speak 😁

Advertisement