Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,155 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Check out your sick leave policy....our place have if you're sick on annual leave , you can take sick leave instead (as you wouldn't have been in the office anyway) think you need a Drs note though...but with covid maybe no note needed worth asking the qs anyway.

Cheers for the heads up.

I sorted that during the week alright. When I uploaded my positive test I got a text message from the HSE saying about isolating and that and that was sufficient for my work anyways.

Still feel robbed of my plans though. *shakes fist pathetically at sky* ✊🤭

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Ach, that's a pity.

Get the next break booked asap. It's always good to have something to look forward to, imo.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Le trundle time.. Can't complain, got a mug of tae delivered to bed.

Finishing off my short weekend with a few scoops and a Chinese takeaway. I delivered some retail therapy to Mrs G today for her Holiday with Ms G in June. Having a good run in work, but not good enough to fill the oil tank.😁

Have a very busy week ahead, so I'm all packed for my flight next Saturday!!😂😂

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Happy gallivanting Bubbly, unfortunately nothing on the horizon here, week off soon, but have work lined up for it.. September definitely

Well, it is a week away! But im super excited😁

Have to get rid of the memory of my last flight.......which was coming home heartbroken after breaking up with my boyfriend.....😭

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,113 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Crossed the equator so lounging in the Southern Hemisphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Lots of treats in the duty free shop and something alcoholic sip on the flight xx

To thine own self be true

Sip... I'd make a second hole in a pint glass here this minute 😁🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

The view from my bedroom balcony in Gjirokaster.

Have had a wonderful 2 days here. I came to support some friends who are going through some really tough times and have fallen in love with this beautiful ancient city. Even the hour sitting on the side of the road after my bus' engine blew up on my way here was worth it.

Also, I was showing my friend some photos of me as a teen and from about 8 years ago and she got all puzzled looking and pulled up some paintings from an artist she loves and said I look like his art. Do you agree?

@Witchie Oh lordy i can near feel the peace from the first two photos, bliss. Also, your friend is correct imho, that's the same artist?? 😮

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Yes Mark Ryden. The second pic is one he did of Christina Ricci and as a teen people often told me I looked like her. Mainly coz of the dark circles under my eyes. 🤣

Hah, a big step up from panda and chimney which was i got called for the same problem! Feckin hell though, the similarity like..

I love mornings, I always love watching new days develop

I'm looking at the pool thinking I'd love it while also knowing I'd drown, eh, happy monday??

Day 1. Le sigh.

• Advertisement

I feel like Johnny nice painter out of the fast show when everything goes black 🤭◼️◼️◼️◼️◼️⬛⬛⬛⬛

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside, work office, about to head off to grab a spot of lunch and do a couple of quick errands.

Another lovely day out there weather-wise!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,260 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Back in the coalface after 2 weeks off, lotto gods here my plea 😂😂

I was in a graveyard at the weekend and this old headstone made me pause.

Isn't it very thought provoking?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Mad busy week ahead but counting down the days before I sail away over the sea to Scotland. Will be odd to be travelling after all this time, but can’t wait.

Sorry your plans for a nice break were thwarted Bones, make sure to book something soon.

Thought provoking and a simple warning of reality PM. Thanks for sharing it.

Boring news from me here. Did a big shop today to restock. First in nearly three weeks. Badly needed. From Aldi to Dunnes and some great bargains if you look closely I couldn't afford a regular weekly shop in Dunnes, but it's great for quality offers. Love it for the luxury items. Back at the tech desk tomorrow and on the road Wednesday. Exhausted. Looking forward now to my dinner. Pork steak,gravy, mash and mushy peas. Bread and butter too. Gonna pick a movie to enjoy it with. A big glass of bainne for the wash down. Simple stuff.

You must be the best fed man on boards! Fair play.

I too spread my shopping around. Usually Dunnes or Tesco coupled with Lidl or Aldi depending what I need. It's the only way.

I love poetry so that quote spoke to me.

I love African skies :)

If I'm the best fed man on Boards, it's just down to me and my love for decent grub. Loads like me.

Poetry in any shape or form excites me and I wrote some many moons ago. Quality quotes from poems are awesome. What a pity it's all stupid Memes on social media these days. I loved Leaving Cert English poetry back in the day. Ossie and all the rest. I once wrote a poem called "The day the earth stood still, because God forgot to plug it in". Inspired by the original film and with a twist. A long lost notebook filled with creativity.

• Advertisement

Wow cool. That sounds brilliant.

It was junior cert poetry I loved. The nun that taught me really made an effort with the poems she chose and I can still recite them.

Soundings then of course for the Leaving Cert.

English was and still is my favourite subject.

I love good food too but I lack the skill and patience to go to all the rounds on a regular basis.

Have you any single brother? 😉

Advertisement