Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,310 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Not insisting their children finish school should result in the parents being locked up like any settled parents would be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,015 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

This lass....senator Eileen Flynn...... another one that was NEVER ELECTED...... just a nod from the taoiseach.......like what does she bring to the table???? Just goes to show we should've abolished that waste of time Senate when we had a chance

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

M

Are travellers taking in any Ukrainian refugees?

• Advertisement

If it was in Dublin 4 and had a covid shed for live broadcasts she'd be up for it 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,979 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

He wants to be a garda, suppose its handy to have one on the inside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Loves a man in uniform

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,580 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

So you say boss

M

Vetting for Gardai is around your family as well as yourself, you could be Saint Peter but if your family are in the mob you are not getting in.

• Advertisement

Haven't the refugees been through enough 😳 they'd think their leaving one war zone for another

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

The guy failed Garda vetting and is outraged that he wasn't allowed into the guards.

Has he not seen Line of Duty. Bang of Ryan Pilkington off of this lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

This is embarrassing. I’m off to bed.

He got caught short in the vetting process. Reckons he'd be a 'great bridge' in dealing with a traveller fued

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

"Go and earn a living like an honest traveller man" Forget the Guards, this land has a bright future in stand up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,437 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

To be fair yer man that wants to be a Garda would likely make a good Garda.

Did he mean doing tarmacadam or painting sheds

I'm amazed Pavy point haven't released a statement on the preferential treatment Ukranian refugees getting , suggesting Travellers and their new found friends, the Roma's being discriminated against

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

Surely you mean getting paid up front for quoting to do those jobs?

M

When applying for the Gardai you need to put down the names, DOB's and addresses of your direct family and all your relations, this weeds out a lot of people, plenty who would have been raised impeccably by their own direct family but some distant relative who is a bad egg will mean they will never be allowed join the Gardai, that's the process for all to join. Hard to know if it's the right approach or not but I suppose blood is thicker than water and it would always leave you potentially exploitable if you were let in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,580 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Traveller Pride

Coming to a pub near you...

M

Robbing a loaf of bread to feed your family is one thing, robbing 100 catalytic convertors is another.

Not sure what her viewership ratings are but I'd be pretty confident the majority looking at this utter crap are sitting at home seething with anger.

Night all , too much for me, my blood pressure rising to boiling point 😏

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Stealing is ok as long as you had less opportunity than others. I have heard it all now.

Shes a Senator 👀😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,744 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Irish people are fairly accepting in my opinion.

We've seem people really accept the gay community, people with different skin colours and people who came from the Eastern Europe in the mid 2000's.

However for some reason it's the traveller community that seems to have issues.

Ah....the unelected senator explained it there for me.....the only reason they make up 25% of the prison population is because they weren't given the SAME opportunities as settled folk....... sure, it's as clear as day now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,368 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

In life if you treat people fairly, then in return you get treated fairly.

Is Claire going to talk about the negative things that goes along with travellers like treatment of animals,crimes,intimidation etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,684 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

I've only been watching the last 15 mins but have I missed Claire pulling any members of the community u on the utter diatrite some of them are spouting?

She can act the hard nose when a politician is on but is positively sucking up every word said tonight by the looks of it?

Advertisement