Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elden Ring (George RR Martin and From Software)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Should work fine in 1080p with some dropped settings, turn off motion blur and reduces the likes of grass/shadow quality to med and I think it'll run fine on the 970

• Registered Users Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭Cordell

166 and https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Bloodhound's+Fang maxxed out to +10, solid armor and nothing else.

It definitely was a case of me gitting gud - absolutely 100%, no luck involved, only skill. Let me have my moment please :)

It tried preserving the mimic as much as possible for the second phase, usually land a few hits before even summoning it. This resulted in him dying in the second phase and me following soon but with the boss just hanging on by a thread (a thick one in some cases...). Rinse and repeat until I learned when I can rush it and when I absolutely have to back away. Also I didn't even try to fight in the second phase if the mimic was below 50% and I had less than 7 flasks (out of 12).

If you follow any guide make sure it was made after some stuff was nerfed, i.e. that ice stomp ash cheesing that won't work anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,161 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I think quests are designed for replayability because there is simply no way to do them without consulting a guide.

You would need to comb the map looking for characters after every meeting, boss battle, event etc to progress them.

I'm not gonna be too arsed about them on the first playthrough. I find who I find.

I already had some poor woman end up dead on the road.

I ended up going after Melania just because I was looking for a way to get to that farming spot that involves a crow falling over the edge and one thing led to another. No way in hell I would have discovered any of that by myself this game was made to require guides for most of its players.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

just saw this, aye i might do this in NG+ lol

but ya sure hoarfrost gets nerfed but definitely there are other ways to do it. enjoy the painnn

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭shoxter

It feels claustrophobic not being able to see the distance also

• Registered Users Posts: 29,808 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Beat the mimic tear boss at eternal city but couldn't interact with the site of grace after it. Message over it with 9999 acknowledgments so seems like a bug for a lot of people?

Ohhhh don't tell me it's a mimic of a site if grace?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭skerry

I had trouble interacing with it last night too as message was in the way. I took a few steps back from it and it seemed to work then. Messages are a pain in the hole 99% of the time

That shouldn't be an issue, can't you just press left or right on the d pad to change the Y button or triangle action?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,596 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah I think I remember that and maybe one other site of grace where they're actually slightly off. Visually they're in one spot, but you have to be about 10-20ft off to one side of it to interact with it.

I've been trying to wrap up anything left over, but I think I'm just going to have to go ahead and finish the game. There are some things I could do such as Dung Eater's curses, but i don't think theres much point.

Have gone halfway through the Crumbling Fazualwhatchamacallit area. Have also upgraded a few different weapon types to +8 or +9, just in case I have to deal with a boss or enemies where a particular weapon or damage type works best. That's the only downside to using Moonveil katana for so long, it does great physical, magic and bleed damage but you can't apply any greases to it, and sorceries aren't great for elemental damage compared to incantations. I'm definitely going to try a Strength/Faith build for a future playthrough rather than going into NG+, but I definitely need to give it a break for a while.

I saw credits roll tonight, then deleted my save locally and restored it from the cloud for the 6 endings. The final boss is a big misstep for From, I haven't looked yet but I don't care what lore explains that one after the first phase given the endings and the mechanics of the fight/s. 170 hours, all side quests done (looked up or f'd up in a few cases).

It was a Tale of Two Cities for me "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times"

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭CptMonkey

so I finally decided to head out of limgrave last night. Met magit (however you spell it) and after about 5 attempts I beat him so I thought I was good to go for the next bit. But man stormville is a step up again. Keep getting smacked around. Those nights are hard going

• Registered Users Posts: 15,348 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I've been seeing people rocking the wand in their left hand but i run mine in the right, is there a benefit for having it in your left hand that im not aware of?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,808 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

When your wand is in your left hand, it can feel like someone else is doing the magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,348 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Yes i was there last night too lol, that is the second time i have seen it blocking the grace. People are just being a** to keep praising it so it will stay there. I quit game and then load back somehow it fixes that.

Got the hidden sword, I think I will come back here for the duo gargoyles later....I'll proceed Ranni quest first to get my hands on the weapons I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Messages dont appear when you play offline.

PC anyway, pain in my hole with them so switched to offline.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I wandered into that gargoyle fight last night and thought it was tough but manageable, until the bloody second one turned up! Got smashed. 😁

Went and killed the stag boss instead and that drgaonkin chap, got the mimic ashes finally so think I'm done with Nokron and Siofra River areas for the time being. Had a little venture into Lake of Rot but nah, will go try get into the city next instead.

Same here - zero patience for dickheads leaving messages at an NPC or ladder etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

While I'm annoyed the black flame weapon buff is still borked as I can't run around with a fire sword as the effect wears off before you swing your weapon I don't really think I need it anymore. Got the Bloodflame weapon buff and combined with the uchigatana it's just pumping enemies with insane bleed build up.

*Chef's kiss*

• Advertisement

If you hold Triangle and press R1, the weapon in your right hand is two-handed. Makes it do more damage. Especially good for strength weapons, but I've been using it more and more for the katana too.

So there's no downside to having your wand in the left hand, but there are more benefits to having your sword/weapon in your right hand. Think it can affect which weapon skill/art is used too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

I had a funny little glitch at a site of grace I found after defeating a boss in the Haligtree. I couldn't interact with the grace where it actually was, but it was like there was an invisible grace a couple of meters to the side. So I was able to rest etc. there, but had my back to the visible grace. Nothing that caused me any problem, just a funny visual.

Also this Haligtree area is way more dense than I expected at the start. This game really is huge. There are many completely optional areas which are amazing.

Yeah think that might have been the second site of grace I found that wasn't in the right place.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Got to the big angry dude on a beach and after getting obliterated I just went back to exploring Atlus. Wasn't expecting to meet my pal from the tower in the windmill area either. Am I right in saying I can't progress the questline for Ranni and Blaidd etc. without killing dude above, Randahl or whatever he is called?

Anybody else really enjoy doing those beat the chariot on the ramp dungeons? Found my third one last night. Also, the dungeon with the trick chests was good fun.

Ya I gave it a go and as soon as the second one jumped out i was like "ohya...", ye tried twice and i gtfo, since I don't really need the coffin taxi to go to that place now anyway. I will come back finish Fia quest and do everything in one go.

You mean you are able to summon Blaidd to fight the midsommer village boss?🤣 I was indeed surprised to see his summon mark there.

For Ranni quest, once you joined her and met Blaidd at siofra river - you will be invited to go party at the festival and ya the quest continues from there. Enjoy the party!

I missed all that I think as I'd progressed through the underground before meeting Ranni and as a result never met Blaidd there so he was missing for large chunks of that quest.

My quests/NPCs are total mess in my first playthrough ha. Second time around the questline makes more sense (but still very difficult to keep track on lol) and it makes sense to meet them at specific locations at certain times - ya i am just starting to get used to these NPCs lol.

So wolfbro is truly my bro this game - never felt this close with a NPC in From games lmao.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Go explore the weeping peninsula done to the south of limgrave. I think I'm slightly ahead of you in the game and I'm going to clear that before I go to stormveil. What level are you? I think I'm lv 45 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,161 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Fashion Souls has been very disappointing so far. Done a lot of exploring and not found much armour and the little I did find is rubbish. A nice red hood in Stormveil is the pick of the bunch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I've found a few armour sets but none are as good as what I started with, or else they're mad heavy and will make me fat roll.

Advertisement