Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky sports fantasy football 21/22 race to 50k.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Up to 490th. Absolute grind in the top 1k - be great to get top 100 but it'll be a tough ask. 12 transfers now after using one getting in Matip. Inclined to give the game tomorrow a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

Good stuff, you have lots of transfers left to move up now. I put in Fraser last week to cover this match and the Wolves match in a couple of weeks time. I think those who don't have so many transfers should give it a miss but you have enough to be fair.

My 2nd team is back in the top 100 last night thanks to Liverpool defence and Kulusevski. It went up about 40 places so there are gains to be made now. 1st team up to 6th. Quite a bit movement in the top 10. The long time leader down to 4th and in trouble I think.

Yeah you're right up there keep plugging away and you never know. I'm half tempted to get a Newcastle player would cover those 2 games like you said but it's Newcastle and i just don't have any confidence of any of their players scoring well. It's another transfer to take them out as well after so i think i'm just gonna go without and hope the likes of Fraser/Willock/Dubravka don't haul... I'll have to figure out how to use my remaining transfers - i have a few in mind and then i guess there should be some good opportunities coming into the last few gameweeks with the big double and all that.

I think my reasoning for putting Fraser in was mainly that he couldn't do any worse than my midfielders have been doing since overhaul. Raphinha, JWP, Gallagher, none of them doing anything really. Newcastle's fixtures aren't that bad to be fair. If Saint Maximim had been fit last week I would have put him in for the crack.

My advice at the moment is go with your gut. If something doesn't feel right don't do anything. Better to wait for another day. Plenty of opportunities after the international break, lots of 4 for 2's and 3 for 1's from what I can see.

Newcastle's best fixture cluster is actually their 3 games between the 16th and 23rd of April (that's a 3 for 0 over West Ham during that time for example). Just happens none of those are single game days though and there's better captain options elsewhere.

• Advertisement

Rumours Raphinha is out and I have no Kilman assuming he even plays as Boly is fit again. Another one of these nights!

Thank God for that!

Edit - No Raphinha after all. Kilman on the bench so not all bad. I guess tonight works if you have Sa and ignoring Ramsdale tomorrow.

Post edited by claw on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I hope you ended up bringing in Saka Claw. I see he's 56%owned now in top 1k which is a big jump.

I brought him in for Silva last week when Silva was rested against Newcastle. I captained him against Leicester too. Delighted with today, you were right about him great call. Some of the top 10 captained Ramsey so I moved back up to 5th. Only have Kane tomorrow but I think I will leave it. Wouldn't be surprised if West Ham beat them.

• Advertisement

Yea I saw the leaderboard yesterday but wasn't sure if you were having a good week, glad you got him in. It's a bit annoying not being able to see all the teams as a neutral but has to be done.

Will be glad when today is over. At the top everyone is doing different things now. The top 2 have used a lot of transfers in the last few weeks. Hoping they have gone overboard with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Holding Son finally paying off and back into the top 100. Just been bouncing between 70-130 since overhaul. My rank now is pretty much where it was at overhaul.

Transfers that I’m looking at for April:

-Pope to Ramsdale

-Son to Salah (would suit me if Salah missed the Watford game)

-Neves to Barnes

-(maybe T.Silva to Matip as well)

There's half a chance that Salah misses the Watford game. Should be an interesting line up.

Only one of the top 10 put in Son, I was wondering how he did it but I guess he is gambling on Salah not playing against Watford or doing much against City. Happy he used the transfer to be honest. Down to 6th but came through the weekend unscathed not having used any transfers. Only planning to do Ramsdale to Pope at the moment. Not sure about Leicester, think they will be focusing on the Conference League to get back into Europe. I have Raphinha still so maybe jump onto Maddison or Barnes after the Watford match if they show signs of playing a fullish team as Leeds aren't playing much in the weeks after it.

Yeah specifically on the Neves to Barnes move it’s a 4 for 1 (with the 1 being city for Neves) so could be worthwhile for anyone with a Wolves player that they’d like to move on.

id prefer Maddison but only have the budget for Barnes

Post edited by thunderdog on

There's an argument to taking out Saka when they play United and Chelsea. West Ham after that too. All depends on how bothered Chelsea are with the league I think. That's another route into Leicester at least for that period.

Diaz, Jota, Salah and Mané are all playing crucial WC games next week. Firmino is not in the Brazil squad so he might start the Watford game. I don't think Diaz will play as he has a crucial game on Wednesday morning so will probably be the latest to return. As a pool fan I would guess Salah will start unless that injury is still affecting him along with Jota or Mane.

What is your view on TAA? Hoping it's an international break injury.

I think he is injured but not for weeks. He's not needed against Watford so seems pointless rushing him back for that, I'd say they are targeting the Benfica match a few days later.

Raging that I used 2 transfers that I needn't have. 1st bringing *in Neves for Raphinha (to cover me Wolves 2 single day captaincies) and then moving Neves on to Kulusevski when Neves picked up what looked like a bad injury. Hard to account for these things, but annoying nonetheless! 10 transfers left now, up to my highest rank of the season so far 324th, top 100 might not be impossible now but still a big ask. Grateful for this break now it's been hectic lately in the world of fantasy footy.

Post edited by manual_man on

• Advertisement

Think you have a fair chance to be honest. A lot of transfers were used last week I think. There would be enough ahead of you with hardly any left.

Glad of the break too. Found it hard holding firm with transfers coming up to the overhaul and last week was the same. Glad there are no more breaks after this one though.

I also went for Neves. I think I’ll now give the Wolves Newcastle match a miss now. Don’t want a Wolves/Newcaslte player for the rest of the season

I have Fraser, think I will hang onto him for a while and see what happens. Cheap enough and enables me to put higher priced players in. I don't see how people are playing 5-3-2 and have big guns in defence as well as Salah and Kane. Something has to give somewhere.

Are you going for a Sky and LOI FF double this year Claw? I saw you're the only other entry in the boards league :-)

I follow Shamrock Rovers and go to matches so I know a fair bit of the league. Wasn't that easy picking 15 players!

Do you have Ramsey as well? Yeah if I had a Newcastle player I’d definitely hang onto them for a couple of weeks but maybe not for the rest of the season. Not 100% sure who to get in for Neves-I might get Kulusevski in to triple up with Son and Kane. Son back to Salah after the City game is my current plan if Salah doesn’t start the Watford game.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

Many transfers you have left now Claw ? You aiming for a title charge.

I'm a Cabinteely fan (or was) but Rovers would be my favourite team in the Premier Division too. It should be a bit of craic anyway.

I have Ramsey. He can stay there. Not sure what I am doing if Salah doesn't play against Watford. Spurs is the way to go I guess but at least they don't play till Sunday.

• Advertisement

9 left. Think the top 2 are the main contenders. They have played the game very well the last few weeks. Fairly certain I have more transfers than most in the top 10 but not sure from outside it. 4 of the top 5 have been with me in the top 10 since December now I reckon. Some consistency. Very very high standard.

Advertisement