Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Jan 2018]

Options

Comments

Absolutely, one of the best on the show, and doesn't often get recognised for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

A mixture - whilst I thought it was very good in places and had me on the edge of the seat at times I found other parts too far fetched and they could have done better.

Here in my opinion was the silliest parts of the show:

Cops shouting at door "let us in or we will break the door down" .. and not actually breaking door down

The cops only covering the front door only when Karen shouted out of the window, and no police covered the back door.

Karen seemed to be oblivious at the start to all the blue flashing lights outside and the commotion.

Gray walking inconspicuous behind people who were oblivious and did not ask what he was up to close behind them and also oblivious to all the cop cars and the cops running around the square like lunatics.

Gray taking a hell of a beating in the pub , koshed with a bottle, hit with a chair over back, kicked into stomach thats a few broken ribs and concussion and he still managed to run out of the pub across the square and climb up some scaffolding with all them injuries? - get outta here!

the end a damp squib with Gray surviving and just getting into a cop car like that .. the drama just kind of fizzled out in the end instead of not being able to hold on and fall to his death on the road underneath , which is what I was expecting

..... Oh, and no, I dont think karen's breaking down in the street like that particularly was an oscar winning performance at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I do think it will hit Karen the worse as she saw Gray as a son, always saw good in him and he beat killed her first born, she will feel extremely guilty

I think Anger first with Karen to Gray at first shouting out something like "I hope they throw away the key" or "I hope you hang for what you done to my little girl" to him as he was being led away, and then turning into grief / guilt and dis-belief when it kicks in over the next few episodes - thats how i would have wrote it .

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

It was as if it hit her all over again, the loss of Chantelle, and of course he did the vicious little gesture towards his eyes, in Karen's direction, reminding her of what he had said.

I think Lorraine Stanley is excellent as Karen. She broke my heart especially at the end.

• Advertisement

I wish though in eastenders with the actors though they were more consistent with their accents / chavvy'ness to make it even more realistic . i am always picking them up on it. most of the time they pronounce their T's in stuff a true eastender simply does not do that and i find it annoying sometimes.

look at even lorraine stanley as Karen talking common as her she would not pronounce her T's as in "Get Out!" .. same as Danny Dyer as mick when he says get out or water says it pronouncing the T's (yep i know he has a cockney accent IRL) but I would say you walk around east end of London IRL and see (non actors!) how they pronounce stuff with T's , you would be pretty hard to come across someone with a cockney accent that pronounce those clearly like that - its all that acting schools they have been to no doubt and vying to be taken seriously as an award winning actor or actress

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The medical inaccuracies bother me but then I remember its a soap not real life !!

Whitney's coat is a greater crime than anything Gray committed.

Martin could have killed someone with that brick , there are three kids in that house . Is he absolutely crazy ?

Very true, do we think Whitney and Martin will comfort each other now and will Kheerat get released?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Alice1

I agree Budgese regarding the coat! Somehow, I can't see Whitney and Martin together.

I don't see Whitney and Martin together but when Whit cane in to tell Stacey and Kat about Kush's death I ended up shouting "Has everyone on the Square rode eachother?" Like seriously, they all had a go on him, how weird is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I did notice that alright, and found it really funny. Whitney, Kat, and Denise all had a relationship with Kush, and Stacey had a baby with him. You'd almost think Martin rode Kush as well with the way he was behaving.

Is Tommy going to stab or shot his bullies

yes we kind of know he is going to find that gun and get hold of it under the stairs after kat could not remember the safe combination - it will most probably turn out that he will get caught with it and say he didnt intend to use it but just frighten the other kids off with it.

If I were writing the storyline I would have it that he points it to the kids just to frighten them only, but it accidentally goes of and (not kills them but wounds one in the leg or something) ... but it might be a little too gruesome for teatime viewing?? 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

Eastenders tonight at 7:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭prunudo

Not surprised the young one didn't like the battered sausage, didn't look appetising at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

• Registered Users Posts: 16,576 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Between Keegan and Shirley I had half the episode on mute.

• Advertisement

Some powerful storylines this week . The aftermath of a death is not often aired and Keegans pain at not seeing his sisters pain is powerful . I thought he played a blinder

I thought he acted that terrible .. supposed to be drunk and he was so co-herent and looking for an oscar - the dousing van with petrol scene was absolutely pathetic! , no-one tried to stop him or get him away - you dont douse a van like that in fuel and stand that close with a lighter and not expect it to not explode ... not pathetically whimper in flames like that ......... and no-one said they obligatory "move away everyone, she's gonna blow!!" ... if anything they were all crowding around moving further towards the van!

Jean that is cruel letting Tommy be blamed

I like Jean but blaming a child is so wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Yeah, I was a bit surprised at Jean. She's not normally like that.

i missed some episodes I reckon. Going back some time big MO grew pot in their garage at home , Jean thought she had cancer come back - the detective arrested her, then she was given the all clear from the hospital that they had been trying to contact her and gave her the all clear in front of the detective ... to which the detective said "you are going to go away for a long time"

Well what happened after that then because she is still out and about , what changed her from getting banged up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Alice1

So, did Jean steal the money?

Why does Whitney not go too, as there is nothing or no one really left for her unless she is next for Martin or maybe Vinny

What the hell Jean, that poor little new Arthur, get Sean back

• Advertisement

Jesus Jean is beyond cruel now

Advertisement