Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

to be fair they support trump so being wrong is very on-brand.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

He did facepalm and crying laughing.

So maybe he realised how ridiculous the post was and was laughing at himself, no?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'm leaning more towards Brutestock thinking the email was actually a private message, through Gmail Chat/Hangouts (meaning they would both need Gmail accounts rather than email), and that Trump was actually sending a random Irish email account with a fake name a message to give only them a secret chance to come have dinner with him in Mar-A-Lago.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Perhaps he's displaying the technical prowess required to land the plum gig of Truth Social System admin?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Also - While we're at it.

Trump STILL hasn't posted on his own Social Media site.

I mean , he's not even trying to pretend that it's a real thing and not just yet another scam to grift money from idiots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I find this really odd. Cannot see the logic in him not posting. Whatever about the flaws in the set up, there is no doubt that if Trump were to regularly post then the uptake would be massively increased. So why is he (or likely his PR person) not even bothering to try? No matter what platform, lack of updated content will lead to the platform dying out. It is the constant updates that creates the traffic

My money is on Brute repeating the claim in a month or so.

Expectation not meeting reality. He expected tens of millions to join the site Day 1, and he'd in essence have his Twitter feed back. What's happened instead is that the number of people joining was lower than expected, and even then the site wasn't capable of processing the number of accounts. I read yesterday that he currently only has about 0.2% of the followers he had on Twitter, and that's weeks after launch where more people have been able to join than the initial launch. Plus they're only on iOS, with no Android or website.

So now the Truth Social name/brand is sullied. He'll probably mention how great it is if he's ever asked about it, but chances are he'll rarely, if ever, use it. He'll likely use it mostly for fundraising. My guess is that if he does indeed announce he's running in 2024 (and the reason he hasn't announced yet is because he'd have to report what they're using campaign funds for, rather than now where he can ask for contributions and spend as he likes), he and the GOP will use that to try and force Twitter/Facebook into letting him back on by claiming that not allowing a Presidential candidate on the site is unfair with regards the election. I wouldn't be surprised if, being further removed from Covid and Jan 6th by that point, Twitter/Facebook might indeed allow him back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,716 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

He's made his money and he would have to pump some of it back in to get things up and running?

And we all know how he feels about spending money...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Hoop66

The App isn't even available in Ireland. So Global. Much truth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Sure, but there is little doubt that he is the number one driver of the platform. By getting involved he will pretty much guarantee it will make money, and conversely by continuing avoid using it he is guaranteeing that it fails.

Sure, the take up is low, but posting a few lines each day, will drive traffic and lead to more money. Just seems like a no brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,539 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

This stock-market SPAC scam is still tooling along, trading lower than it's peak but not crashing. As long as Trump is making money from the market, why do anything? I can't wait to see the companies disclosures on its balance sheets about trading by principal owners... hah...I'm deluding myself.

https://www.cnbc.com/quotes/DWAC

That's the thing. It's not like doing a copy/paste to it for all of those "From the desk of .." posts that his Twitter proxy puts up would be in any way difficult.

I just cannot understand why there is absolutely nothing being put there.

It just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Samuel323

I think that he loses all his political influence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

One of trump's insurrectionists has fled the US seeking political asylum in Belarus, And his klan STILL don't believe he's a traitor to his country.

A California man suspected of taking part in the US Capitol riots last year has been granted asylum in Belarus.

Evan Neumann fled the US after being charged in connection with the riots.

The 48-year-old first settled in Ukraine, before reaching Belarus where he asked for asylum - claiming he faced "political persecution" in the US.

It's like 2016 when anyone opposing Trump were labelled as Hillary supporters. No. Hillary was absolutely the worst candidate to go up against Trump, is largely the reason he won (because hatred of Hillary led many to either not vote or protest vote against her), and she had an air of political entitlement about her as if it was simply her time to be President, and how the Democratic Party helped facilitate that was equally destructive.

I'm not a Biden supporter. I'm not a Hillary supporter. I'm not a Pelosi supporter. Many of the Dem leaders are just GOP-lite, they're just better at hiding it.

But you don't have to be a Biden, Hillary et al supporter to be able to see Trump was far worse than any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Stanley 1

Maybe Michael Cohen should get involved and help Stormy out, he was involved deeply, probably has plenty of ammo on the Donald not disclosed previously.

Guilani did not get paid months ago, hard to see this lawyer getting paid unless Trump let him have a go on no foal, no fee basis.

Mo Brooks learns the real value of his loyalty to Trump , which is exactly zero.

Former President Donald Trump yanked his endorsement from Alabama Senate hopeful Mo Brooks on Wednesday, promising to make a new endorsement in the race before the May 24 primary.

As soon as it became clear that Brooks hadn't a hope in the Primary (he never did really) Trump has dumped him , because "only backing winners" is more important to him than rewarding loyalty.

Not that I have an iota of sympathy for Brooks , but did he honestly expect anything different?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

You give Biden passes for the same things you mock and ridicule Thump for so that makes you a supporter of his. Trying to be natural isn't fooling me. Its clear as day what side you are on. Saying that doesn't make me bat for the other side however. I'm not a supporter of any politician ,not Trump , not Tulsi , DeSantis...Nobody... When politicians are your hero's and you fight tooth and nail to protect them, that makes you an ultraconservative type. And I'm speaking generally here. You claim earlier not to like word salads.. Ill post a word salad for you in the Biden admin thread. Lets see some consistency.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,206 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

So why do you bat for the other side? Because we have documented examples.

Paul Manafort removed from a flight out of the US to Dubai, attempting to fly on a revoked passport.

Absolutely Biden is prone to gibberish at times. Some it may be down to his stammer, but part of it is also age. But I have far more confidence that he actually knows what he's talking about, rather than Trump who just bloviates and goes off on unrelated tangents. Its also just generally funnier when Trump talks nonsense or misspeaks, because he's so arrogant that he believes he's such a great speaker and will never admit to making such mistakes.

Biden is not a good President, and he's unlikely to get any better for the rest of his term. He's completely run of the mill and doesn't have the will to actually try to change anything, even if he had the political capital to do so. But unfortunately he was the best candidate to go up against Trump for exactly those reasons. He appealed to enough of the independents.

Also, "when politicians are your heroes and you fight tooth and nail to protect them"? This is an Internet forum and I post when I'm bored. Even the email post I made in response to you earlier, if it wasn't for the fact you can directly post screenshot rather than try image hosting sites, or saving them to my computer or something, I might not have bothered.

I'm not pro-Biden. I'm anti-Trump. Biden is not, nor would any American politician ever be, one of my heroes.

But I have far more confidence that he actually knows what he's talking about, rather than Trump who just bloviates and goes off on unrelated tangents

I don't have as much confidence as you that he actually know what he is talking about. the breadth of subjects is just too broad. However, I do have confidence that he is willing to park his ego at the door and actually listen to those who do understand the topic at hand. That is not something that can be said about Trump.

I'd certainly feel that Biden is comfortable admitting that he doesn't know something and that he would defer to the subject matter experts.

Trump on the other hand truly sincerely believes that he is always the smartest person on the room and has no interest in deferring to an expert.

How many times have we heard Trump utter the words "Nobody knows XXXX better than me"?

The inability to know the limits of your knowledge and abilities is the sign of a really poor leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Only a few days ago Mo Brooks released an ad saying get rid of Mitch and then this happens:

Care to accept you were wrong on the drones front too?

• Advertisement

I feel like this thread would be greatly enhanced with a sidebar of online poker, or billiards.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement