Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXV-956,720 ROI (5,952 deaths) 452,946 NI (3,002 deaths) (08/01) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭waterwelly

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Cork2021

A few solitary complaints by customers. He’s dwelling over it and will get back to us in due course! Fûcking joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭glitterIsland

I often wondered what's the point in Joe Duffy. All it does is enrage some listeners and Joe himself gives nothing. His responses are often 'hmmm' followed by a question or two. There's no purpose to his show.

I know over the past few days long covid was discussed over the past few shows. I got an earful from an old biddy for not wearing a mask and about long covid. A rant born from the Joe Duffy show no doubt. Fear mongering is all it is at this stage.

I do wonder if we report cold & flus at this current time what would the number be ?

Last 2 months people are mixing for the first time in 2 years really do the normal bugs and flus being passed about, the weather is a bit better so there more people about but its still not warm so again not ideal .

Also after a 4 days weekend lots of people system will have taken a bit of pasting form late night drinking and poor food choices, so lots of colds would be about ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭DLink

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

He's on a retainer with RTE! Pain in the fcuking hole, a constant state of "concern".

Was probably like that pre-Covid too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭celt262

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Have you evidence that they died? It is positive because admissions are low. Are you able to understand that ? Only 55 people in ICU despite the thousands of cases daily is very positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

At least 3 of our lecturers have COVID and are self isolating. Place is riddled, but I don't know anyone who is properly sick from it except for one, and they are immunocompromised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I also know of a school where half the students were out with COVID. You could probably multiply those numbers by at least 3.

If you had covid a month ago, so what are the chances of catching BA 2 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Apothic_Red

NPHET 2.0 up in the hood yo!

Gimme a €9 substantial meal & 1hr45 min night out again.

Great to hear some sense being put on us again, now where did I leave those masks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Amadan Dubh

Young people and by that I mean 50% of the population under the age of 45, unless severely immunocompromised, don't end up in hospital because of COVID. This was the case pre-vaccines and is even more the case now. So straight off the bat, your assumption is refuted by the data.

And this idea of a "mask" helping, would that include the piece of fabric I bought in Spar that I wear over my mouth and carry around in my pocket, reusing it for a week or two at a time? Even if I had a medical grade mask, does it matter if I reuse it for a week or put it in my pocket constantly?

But the main point again is that hospitals have been the source of spread themselves but love to deflect to the community and this notion of "community transmission needing to be reduced", which sounds great but it is a bit pointless to say as it is speculative to put that as the reason for calling for people to wear masks now, when the issues in hospitals were not caused by community transmission but by the hospitals themselves. They are the Masters of spin and deflection!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

You were the one claiming they may have. Anyway you actually missed the point of my post.

I noticed on the radio yesterday evening that 4 radio stations had the exact same news story as the first story, even with the same soundbite from Leo.

8 days and the emergency powers are supposed to lapse. It feels a bit like there is a coordinated and well funded effort to force some sort of last minute extension via the media. COVID is not a problem recently as it has not been for months, our data on hospitalisations and ICU shows this, so it would not make much sense to extend the emergency powers beyond the 31st March.

Like with every reopening date we faced the last two years, the hysterics pump the media with cash and get a coordinated narrative out that the government needs to delay easing in the weeks and days leading up to such date. We're seeing the same BS here.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I don't think this is as organised as you imagine. It's just the usual media suspects working themselves up into a lather and finding plenty of willing sidekicks. Looks who's come out so far - the INMO, who are always moaning, a whole lot of random GPs, parts of the Zero-COVID brain trust, Nabarro who just can't say anything positive and Luke O'Neill who had nothing better to do with himself.

The INMO statements being covered consistently across the media seemed to be paid for by them at least.

But the media whores themselves know a gift horse when they see one and the clickbait around COVID scare stories does generate them money which is their prime motivator in all of this, not a care for proper independent and investigative journalism, perhaps querying and analysing the statements made by the INMO rather than just publishing the press release.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭waterwelly

The good news is oil is going up all week so with a bit of luck it goes well over €2 per litre soon.

That should:

A/ give the media and politicians something else to moan about

B/ reduce the amount of people going for tests as they won't want to waste fuel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,985 ✭✭✭Xander10

• Registered Users Posts: 86,672 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

I think anyone who reuses the same mask for weeks, and keeps it in their pocket in between isn’t getting a lot of protection, but is gross.

Hospitals have not been the source of spread, the people in hospital have. At this stage, even the most dense must understand that the greater the number of infections, the greater the risk of increased admissions. That isn’t speculation, it is simple statistics.

Again, I am not advocating restrictions, I don’t want a return to mask mandates or forced closures of businesses, but c’mon, there is no excuse for not understanding the benefits of wearing a mask or the implications of rising rates of transmission.

AD, if you are going to wear a mask, maybe wear one that isn’t a weeks old, reused Petri dish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

sure who cares? First time on this thread for 2 months - just curious was it still active!

I've literally stopped reading everything about COVID the past 2 months and it's been great, despite alot of people around me with it. Has it myself a moth ago.

With energy and food inflation ahead of us we all have a lot more to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,292 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Ukraine distracted everyone for a while but it seems the media and other talking heads are turning back to the old reliable Covid once again. The clamour for restrictions from the unions etc. is so utterly predicable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Send those customers to Beechwoodspark where their idiocy and hypochondria will meet a hearty welcome and a like mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,244 ✭✭✭Azatadine

We were due to get rid of them on Monday 28th. That plan was scrapped today - mask mandate remaining in place.

Again though, what is the link to my own mask wearing and COVID overwhelming the hospitals when it is being spread in the hospital environment?

I am not infected with COVID so therefore what difference would it make to the COVID issue if I wear a mask?

It's important to remember that a COVID infected person is at risk of spreading COVID, not a maskless person.

Said it yesterday, unless there’s a big price rise in something, or something escalates further in Ukraine, Covid is the story for the foreseeable.

Petrol and diesel, and electricity bills, will need to go up a good bit literally over night to take the attention back. Over €2 would probably do it if it happened quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭zisdead

Hey guys anybody know if there is another very active virus going around. Myself and two friends out watching Liverpool Arsenal games last wednesday.

All 3 of us not feeling great on Friday. Right we have covid no biggie we will deal with it. BUT Not one of us has failed an antigen test ??

My symptoms. Friday (first day) Tired and that kinda mhh I might be getting sick thing. Saturday very tired and by that night a temperature that meant I could not sleep properly with aches all the way through into afternoon Sunday. (but by no means a bad fever) Now the cough comes and the more I get better from the "infection" in terms of tiredness and fever it has been replaced by a cough that has moved from mild and dry to absolute chronic and bringing **** up of my lungs today. Wondering how the hell can I pick up something other than BA2 which apparently is about if not more contagious than measles? And if it isnt covid anybody know what it is?

Advertisement