Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gran Turismo 7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Tried the multiplayer just in lobbies and if the host quits it's over which is not great obviously. Was doing a 5 lap race and host quits on the last lap after getting in a tangle with another player.

Next lobby host quits after 2 laps so we're all kicked again. I get the frustration when you get hit by other players but just quitting like that and the race ends sucks.

Hard to put the game down when ye start I'm finding,constantly just thinking ill just do one more race....

Favourite cars so far are the R32 Skyline and the Camaro ZL1 1LE. Really enjoying both of those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

It's very hard to pick a favourite car in GT7, but the Camaro ZL1 1LE is an excellent car. It powered me to the Pan American Championship after spending a lot of money and working hard to win.

It had a nervous rear-end, but nowhere as bad as the Mustang I entered in the same championship. The Mustang was scary to drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I got a million on it the other day. Other than that I only win 5,000 or parts I'll never use.

Well done. Did your 1m credit come in the form of ten gold bars?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

CMP--23 is my PSN. Count me in for some boards racing 👍

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,494 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Agree with both of ye, that Camaro is a lovely vehicle to drive. Perfect balance between power and precision for the size of it, think it’ll be the next car I sink a load of coins into.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭lertsnim

There was gold bars. I never counted them though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Uuugghhh this unskippable intro suuuuuucks!

U got the game then 👍

You have the option to disable the intro film in the options menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

After first time you can turn off in the options or hit the O button

• Advertisement

Have it turned off now thanks. Just turned it on for a quick spin so was annoying. After the music race, i turned off steering assist, braking assists and racing lines. Kept corner indicators and braking area just until i get used to them. The assists are weird, no idea of I'm driving or the AI, much better with them off and actually learning.

Cockpit view is brilliant and my Demio actually feels fun to drive. Any tips starting off? Try looking for specific races that will complete menus or start on the licenses? Maybe a mix of the licenses start getting repetitive trying to get gold?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Hop off the menus, it will point you towards the specific races to win the menu cars. That and the licences kept me going for a good few hours initially.

Anyone a recommendation for a foldable mount for the G29 + Shifter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭quokula

Man the amount of sleep I've been losing out on because the game is just too much fun. Since I finished the menus last week I was planning to play it a bit less and get back to my Horizon Forbidden West playthrough, but every time I turn the Playstation on I plan to just quickly do the marathon mileage before switching over, and end up just playing GT7 for my entire session. I'm working my way through the missions and the remaining world circuit races and dabbling in sport mode. I've got one win in sport mode, with my trusty Mini I upgraded heavily during my menu playthrough and now power restricted to meet the requirements. I've had less success in the faster cars, with one third place in my BMW M3 GT4. I always enjoy the road cars more, looking forward to events with some faster road going cars.

I do think they've missed a trick with the amount of single player events after the menus. Surely it would be next to no work for them to add an endurance race to each world circuit for example, along with a few more car categories. The game already has all the content required and you can DIY it with custom races, but it seems a bit of a waste not to have more curated events. For example the first 30 minute race during the missions with increased fuel use was excellent. I found myself adjusting my car by reducing engine power and turning down downforce to eliminate drag, while reducing weight too to get myself to a car that ran well and was fuel efficient. A bunch of events like that in World Circuits would be amazing.

If your only starting out the clean race bonus is well worth trying for if you have a fast enough car. Can be difficult when you start in 20th but the extra cash is well worth it

I've had Wheelstand Pro and a GT Omega Apex at this point,Wheelstand folds up smaller but has a pole in the middle,which some people won't like and is slightly less steady than the GT Omega Apex. Apex does take up more room when folded and requires more effort to fold up.

Both are pretty heavy with the wheel attached but I'd say the Wheelstand Pro is a bit lighter overall.

Personally I like the Apex better but if space is a major concern for storage the Wheelstand would be a better bet

I entered a Championship where the maximum PP is 600. The first car I entered was a 2001 911 GT3. Was great fun to drive and the flat 6 sounded great, but it wasn't competitive.

I switched to a 2008 370Z. Was nowhere at the races in that thing.

So I moved onto a 2014 Subaru WRX. That was much more competitive and great fun to drive and sounded great. I lost out on third spot in the championship by one point.

So I slightly upped the power in it, and now it is a perfect 600 PP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,372 ✭✭✭bladespin

Was that not always the case, even back to GT1? You had to earn your way to the good cars. it took months to get to anything really exotic.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Not like before, McLaren F1 is almost 10 times more expensive than it was in GT Sport. The Porsche 917K is now up for sale too. 20,000,000 or €200 in real money. That equates to about another 40 hours grinding to achieve. Also gameplay generated credits are capped at 20,000,000. MTX credits aren’t capped.

The main difference now with GT7 is that the game is always online only. PD can mine user data to see where credits are being farmed and nerf payments. Then you have FOMO tactics like dealer invitations, legend car sales and roulette spins…all of this is designed to push FTP style micro transactions.

So for €80 you don’t really get a game you own. You get a license to play as long as Polyphony see fit. They can change goalposts and prices anytime, which they’ve already done, and ultimately kill the game entirely when GT8 comes along should they wish to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Damien360

Are you supposed to use your invitation to buy a car ? I have one for a Bugatti Veyron for €2m. But I have no races which I intend to use it on. Also have a invitation for a Lamborghini. Can’t remember it’s price. I have €2m banked so far and regularly use it to get upgrades of current cars. Can I just ignore the invitation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I got one randomly for Porsche one day, then "won" another in the raffle. Can't use either as the car I was invited to buy is out of my price range and so I've ignored them for a while now. They're still there so I couldn't tell you if they're timed or not...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,372 ✭✭✭bladespin

Was referring to the original GT, not Sport, I can still remember endless club races to get hold of a used scooby to start some 'proper' races.

Yes, I wholeheartedly agree, I couldn't believe how limited it was during the recent maintenance, I've paid for a game so I can play as I want, when I want, but 90+% of the game is locked out without internet connection - absolutely crazy, but still love GT.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Do any of you have the HORI racing wheel and pedals?

what’s the verdict?

not sure I want to go to g29 price levels.

I have it. Plenty of plastic but the wheel feels solid. Good spring in the pedals too. My only real criticism of it is the paddle shifters feel very cheap. They could have did a better job with them.

I paid less than €90 for them so I'm happy with that money I spent on them.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It should attach to any table. The wheel come with a clamp to keep it secure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Argos have the G29 steering wheel down to 230 and you get a free copy of the game. But I can't see any in stock near me. Perhaps others will have better luck. Argos website is horendus.

Always switch to the desktop site for Argos on the top left dropdown menu, mobile site is useless.

Finished the first menu and the first B license go. How hard could it be starting and stopping? Bottom of my 36 friend list :(

Loving it though, could easily get wrapped up in this.

Ugh,exhausted all day,playing this till way to late last night!!

Finished the AMG book so according to a friend the end of the menu books is in sight.

Anyone have the group 3 or 4 McClaren? Thinking one of them might be my first purchase.

Also won 500k on a roulette spin,I think that role is static though as mate got 500k from that menu book roulette spin aswell. Bit scmy if static,gives ye a false sense of luck. All the rest of my spins last night were lowest reward

The funniest part about the stopping the car challenge is that it’s one of the very first things most players will complete, and yet it’s more than likely the last time they’ll ever have to do it again in the entire game.

If there is one big thing I love about this game, is the whistling sound from super chargers and turbo chargers.

• Advertisement

For anyone using controllers, do ye use manual or auto gears? I always use auto in driving games but feel I'd get better times using manual.

So do ye like the in game music? Some great tunes in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Damien360

I’m at the same point as you. Got the AMG’s. Wondering about Gr3 and 4 cars also. Which one is best to go for ? Been adding ballast, power reducer and custom ECU to more powerful upgrades to allow me downgrade PP to get them under 600 and 700 PP for races.

I just finished third in the World Touring Car 700 Championship.

Had a win, a third place finish and a ninth place finish. I finished ninth at the old Nurburgring, my best result there so far.

My 2001 911 (996) GT3 was a joy to drive.

I used to play loads of racers and always went manual and it gave much faster times, you can get up and down gears faster.

I'm a bit out if practice so it's all a bit too much to worry about so I'm mainly auto these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I use manual also, but I remap them to the shoulder buttons. Definitely improves times once you've the hang of it.

I tried manual and was getting gold on the licenses but as soon as multiple corners came into play, gears went out the window. Changed back to Auto and still managed to get all good in my national B. Quiet proud of that :D

Did that one tonight in that car aswell,was quite tough. Managed to get the championship win over all but had to restart the ring about 4 times after spin outs at various points.

Finished 2nd there on the 5th try and said that's enough,felt the porsche was difficult to control in the nurburgring with the twisty turns and straights where it can get twitchy and givin the amount of overtaking needed, made it quite difficult for me.

Was perfect car for the first two tracks though. I'll probably run that car at a lower tune going forward but I didn't really have anything else better for that championship.

Did the first Rally book race in a stupidly souped in subaru road car😅 Just to get the first car from the menu so have an actual rally car now! Left it there,was a long night with said runs on the nurburgring.

I put a big wing on the back of my Porsche so its bum wouldn't step out as much. The 996 GT3 is a great car though, had to put a lot of credits into it. Money well spent in the end.

Nice one on getting second at the old Ring.

When I finished ninth there, I thought I would have had to do the race over again. Then when I saw I finished third in the championship, I threw my arms up in the air. I also felt relieved, very relieved.

I bloody love this game.

I had to turn off vibration which is a pity but the national b test with the civic on the street course was very weird. Like the controller had a heart beat that was trying to break out. Very distracting, even on the weakest vib setting. Turned it off and i got gold so was definitely affecting my driving. Wish there was more vibration settings or the weakest (5) was just a slight rumble.

Other than that, this is such an addictive game. Have a tasty GTO racing against the menu 2 book cars which is hilarious.

I was gonna buy an Integra last night but looked up the menu books and saw I'll be getting one on book 5. Definitely going through that list first before making any purchases.

• Advertisement

I think that road has rain drains that run across it, so the vibration is you driving over them :)

The most fun I had early on was in a 1965 Mini I won. It was so hard to win races with it. You are much slower than other cars but can corner way faster so it kinda balances out. Was winning by a nose in some cases. Looking in the wing mirrors and blocking overtaking attempts.

While racing last night (cafe menu races), there was another Irish competitor. Good to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Really hope they add more menus in the cafe, struggling with stuff to do now after completing them.

Missions are pretty fun, or infuriating, depending on how far you get through them.

One thing I'd always do in Gran Turismo when I'm at a loose end is to set up fun custom races and put yourself at a slight disadvantage. You won't get rewarded with cars or anything interesting like you would in the menus but a decent challenge is always a good way to prolong the game.

I plan to do some grid starts where the cars are much more evenly balanced.

Having to start from last with rolling starts forces ye to have a faster car to have a realistic chance to win the races which I'm not a huge fan of

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

It's my only annoyance with the game. Rolling starts on a 3 lap race.

Just for anyone who might be working through the licenses or missions, there’s a superb channel on YouTube if you get stuck that has recommended settings and guides for every challenge in the game. Definitely one to check out if you’re in need of some help, he got me through so many of the tougher Super License laps.

Those mid-engined and rear-engined cars are light at the front. While I was driving an F430 around the Maggiore circuit, the front wheels left the ground while going over the crest where the circuit declines.

Exciting and terrifying, in equal measure!

Now I've finished the ferrari book and need a Gr3 car this decision is definitely even more urgent,still not sure though.

Friend went with the McClaren but I was considering the Porsche,Honda nsx or the Subaru WRX or tbh any number of other GR3 cars ,hard to make a decision!!

Did you go with any?

The only ferrari I had for the ferrari book was the ancient 308 GTB '75,4 goes it took to finish second,that was after spending 100k on it😅 Perfect example of a car I would sell if I could.

Once I got the F12 it was smooth sailing though,beast of a car

Edit: Went with the GR3 NSX,no real reason other than I've always used a nsx in GT games😁

• Advertisement

I entered the World GT Series Championship in a Ferrari F430. Scored points in 4/5 races including a win. Finished 8th in the Championship with 18 points.

It's a car where I have serious problems with the front end of it. Plenty of understeer, but the biggest problem is that if you go over any bumps in the road, the front wheels lift right off the road and it's seriously unnerving.

I don't wish to drive it again for that reason alone.

Advertisement