Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,302 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The Howth cycle way… I’m up that way this evening around 6.25 ( rush hour-ish) and for the duration of my journey from beside The Elphin pub to Howth… there is a grand total of a single cyclist in either direction….

im a passenger in a rather big car that needs quite a bit of care and negotiation on the now restricted roadway…

I feel extra sorry for anyone driving a bus, truck or any sort of commercial vehicle…. While endeavouring to keep cyclists safe ( which is an interesting concept as they or a percentage of them are rarely ever bother about any of their fellow road users including pedestrians ) there will be and are drivers going to be more transfixed now with not hitting bollards beside them as opposed to what’s in front of them… a mad concept…..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Waking up hungry.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,735 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Drivers, in housing estates, who are in so much of a hurry that they can’t just drive down to the end of the road to turn.

Insisting on attempting a 3-point turn, when it takes you at least 8 attempts, isn’t saving anyone any time.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

hmmm , would you want to spend time on your holiday cycling a 30 kilometer round trip from the center of Dublin to Howth ? With a Dart right there ?

dart takes half the time, much more comfortable , only thing you won’t have is the view..

I must take another look next time I’m out that way though regarding the usage, I’ll be out that way before or at the weekend… be interesting to see.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

On a summers day along the coast? Absolutely.

30k is a short enough cycle. My 5 year old did 15km on a cycle down in Westport last summer so 30k for an adult is not daunting at all. The hill in Howth is a separate issue 🤣

I have seen Dublin Bikes come out as far as Sutton and those things are tough to cycle as compared to a proper bicycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

My mother decided to rekindle contact. There are few people who annoy me more than this deluded idiot.

Surely she can reminisce about her made up memories by herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The bugginess of Revolut.

Great for quick transfer of cash between pals or whatever. But so annoying otherwise. Have attempted to order a new card for a while now (by their prompting), and it crashes every single time. And of course, they don't seem to have a proper email contact so I can address the issue that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

TA at my lack of patience for parcels.

Got a text last night from a seller I bought something off of. Asking me to confirm my eircode for the courier.

Making me think it was being delivered today, I've been sitting in the living room since 10am watching garbage TV, constantly looking out the window for a delivery van.

Here comes a DHL van, my heart races with excitement.......only he wasn't here to deliver the thing I'm waiting on.

I'm due to leave for my late shift at half 2 and I'm raging I sat here for four hours 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Well if Irish rail gets its way there will be no direct rail link between city centre and howth.

Plan is to have a shuttle train between howth and howth junction.

Prediction is railings at Sutton might be down for 30 mins per hour during rush hour.....so cycling might be your best bet as traffic will be a total nightmare.

• Advertisement

yes I read that, would be a joke of a decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

When I was younger I dreamed of winning the lotto and buying a supercar, or maybe a big house with a pool.

These days I wonder if it'd allow me to have enough free time that a coffee and a shite could be separate activities...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Bread crushers

They go to the bakery section and use their filthy mitts to crush the baguettes, loaves and well everything before selecting what they want

They should be getting barred by management for a week or two

• Registered Users Posts: 16,189 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I had to look up what a 'seppo' was, thought it was an ethnic slur.

I prefer calling them Septic Tanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Bredabe

We have a dept. or person who sorts out those of us who have to generate graphs or boxes for work documents,

Having made the usual kackhanded effort at a grid, I sent it along to them alongside the original for comparison.

An hour later I was asked if I could send a handdrawn copy of the grid as they are having problems seeing how the information was supposed to look,

with my handwriting that would have been even less comprehensible than the first one, the original was right there in the email labeled Original model x, check for clarity!

It was right freaking there for them to look at!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Holby City is finishing next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

On our mandated weekly day in the office. People who take Zoom/Teams calls at their desk, without headphones, can get in the fcuking sea.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Worked with one of them back in the day. Fried my brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,827 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Gave my father a lend of my wheel barrow about six months ago, I've a bit of work to around the house so said I'd go to collect it. The bottom of it full holes "to let the water out" he said. So I bought a new one this morning and let him keep the old one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Sorting out the house to be viewed by potential buyers has made both myself and my husband ratty as fcuk.

• Advertisement

It'll be worth it in the end. Hope you get a great price. 👌

My TA this morning is the amount of bad drivers on the road and the ridiculous things you'd see driving into work every day.

I need a holiday, with the emphasis on needing…. as opposed to ‘liking’

I’m harking back to my stay at the Sol Don Pablo, literally weeks before the world went ape shît.

im thinking it will be a while, 4 hours on a plane with current numbers might not be a great call.

but sure would be exceptionally welcome to have a change of scenery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

OMFG new boss. Don't fcuking swan in and undermine me by asking someone else (who hasn't a clue about my job) if my way of doing a thing is the correct way. I am not in the mood for this shite.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

Ta'd at travel advice which I keep seeing telling you to go to x country in March or September to "avoid hot temperatures"

And why would I want to do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I just rang my doctor's to make an appointment to get bloods taken next week and to have a repeat prescription filled. He is unexpectedly out of the country for family reasons so no appointment. I don't care about the bloods (except I love the stats!) but it isn't ideal not to have yer tablets. They are only for blood pressure but still...

(And I hope my doctor's situation works out for him too.) 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

People who join Teams meetings four or five minutes early.

Why go out of your way to sit there on your own with your headset on when no-one else is going to join the call until it's actually due to start?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

If its a repeat prescription I am sure the chemist would be happy to give you a weeks supply

• Registered Users Posts: 8,827 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

A woman in work calls her father "daddy", it's incredibly irrating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

It is, but I don't always go to the same chemist for it. Hopefully the doctor will be back by Tuesday or Wednesday so it won't become an issue.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement