Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who's the biggest idiot on the planet right now ?

• 24-03-2022 6:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭

Probably the Pope or Putin I reckon

I'm just glad it's not me

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,429 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Gladys Mee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Boris

For me, it's still the brain sharing twins (Daly/Wallace).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Putin

Pretty much any British Conservative

McGregor

Any of those "woke" morons

Mick Wallace has to be in the running

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Oh yeah, and Gemma.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Probably some lad we've never heard of, resigned to the fact that he'll never amount to much. He's just trying to get on with his life as best he can, but he keeps fúcking things up...

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭milehip

Graham linehan...going on nolan show,crying about,and blaming all about him for, his work/private life predicament.

Like to a degree,you'd feel sorry for him,but at some stage,he has to accept possibility tweeting/posting utter utter poision roughly on average every 12 mins 24 hours a day for years on end.......irregardless of the cause,will have a determental impact on your family life and personal relationships

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,024 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Leo Varadker and his childish hump over "Airy Fairies " one of his more bizzare over reactions and a petulant child 🙄

Can I nominate a 2nd 🤔

Joe Duffy for having the stupidity to try and make a none story a story , made an absolute eejit of himself on Wednesdays live line , actually I should say, more of an eejit of himself on Wednesdays absurd broadcast.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

Watching a clip of that, I found it hard not to feel sorry for him. I don't think he's an idiot, but he's not a well man. Anyone who gets involved in that particular argument, on either side, without having any personal involvement, is a bit fucking touched, if you ask me. But to literally lose your family over it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

There's heavy competition in the American republican party for the title of most stupid selfish dangerous politican who are ready to pass laws to enable any person to sue any woman who for some reason wants to get an abortion anywhere in America . In Texas its now easier to buy a gun than to to buy a bottle of whiskey if you are under 21.

The judge on the American supreme Court is pretty bad the one who won't wear a mask to protect the other judges from covid. Forcing one judge to have to work from home using zoom or audio calls to take part in the work of the court.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭NSAman

There are too many to vote for:

Trudeau for his quotes on democracy recently and his direct opposite reaction to his own people.

Pelosi for her hypocrisy, Harris for laughing and the quote “a friend in need is a friend indeed” in relation to refugees.

Putin obviously.

Varadkar for hating anything that uses the word fairy… liquid..godmother..etc (seriously find the whole storm in a teacup ridiculous)

Boris….no explanation needed.

CNN for hunter bidens laptop

i could go on but I am tired 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,628 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Is Bbb Bertie still alive?if so he's still the biggest idiot, or rather the eejits and fan boys who voted and campaigned for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,377 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Probably the savviest Irish politician of 1970-2010.

He mightn't be popular, or admired, but you'd be a fool yourself to mistake that for idiocy.

Too many comments here confusing bad behaviour or poor morals with idiocy.

The OP suggested the Pope and Putin. Nope, both wrong. The Pope was educated by the Jesuits and spent his whole life studying and ministering to congregations. He's probably one of the best educated and most learned men alive today. You might disagree with the Church he leads, but that doesn't make him an idiot.

Putin, cleverest operator in post-Soviet Russia by far. Imagine shaping the whole system of a new Country in your image and bending it to your will? The guy was driving a cab in Moscow seven years before taking over the second biggest Nuclear power in the World. Not the work of an idiot. Yes, the sycophancy and the paranoia has led him to the most catastrophic error since Hitler's Polish holiday, but thats different to being an idiot.

Donald Trump would probably be the highest profile candidate for biggest idiot. He isn't well educated, or well read, or good at reading people, or good with detail, or good at critical analysis, or has any stamina for concentration. He's poor with maths, comprehension, the English language, his only angle to win arguments is to belittle people, never deal with the substance of the issue at stake. He didn’t right the books with his name on them, he's never given a scripted speech he wrote himself.

Remember, the Trump Empire is not Donald J Trump, its Fred Trump. Donald became surrounded by flunkeys early in his life, who saw there was money to be made by being the flies around shyte. They were crooked and sinister and by flattering Trump made fortunes for themselves. Trump himself has been bankrupt more times than an Anglo board member and I suspect now that the rats have deserted, the whole thing will probably come crashing down.

If Trump isn't the biggest idiot in the place, it's definitely any of 3 of his kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,628 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

True, asavvy politician in a small political sphere. But one who got carried away by a global boom., not of his making, and rid it for all the political, and no doubt financial, reward he could unill the inevitable bust came.and it all came crashing town. So a fcuking idiot, or worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

its me and i would thank you not to draw attention to it ..thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,429 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

About six idiots who contribute daily to the Radio forum. They spend their days listening to radio presenters and programmes which they hate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Wouldn't disagree with anything you say about Trump but I just think it means that people that vote for him or support him are bigger idiots and he manipulates that in an non-idiotic manner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭thefallingman

Rory Mcilroy

Bizarre behaviour - see also the weekly Late Late Show thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

This thread has deteriorated into a dumpster

Wasn't what I intended

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,372 ✭✭✭bladespin

He even explained his whole political strategy years ago: 'I'd just say what they want to hear, that's it, and I'd win!' ultimately proven correct, people are just dumb.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,708 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Putin is no idiot, but is morally bankrupt.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

I think I was wrong and it's not a single person that's stupid it's mostly everyone that believes in god or a higher power

The pope and others they're just making money out of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

It's possible that some people consider a man who believes a piece of wafer can turn into human flesh via magic is an idiot. I don't think he is personally, but you have to say that if a random person believed something similar, without the religious context, they'd probably be regarded as idiots.

Yep..Those obsessed with Tubridy and Duffy..Good call!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Putin was smart until he decided to invade Ukraine and did not realise most of the world will sanction Russia and the economy is falling apart basic goods are in short supply ruple is losing value its a disaster. The worst idiots are politicans in power who think they are smart but can cause immense harm to ordinary people or minoritys . Its like hatewatching people watch reality TV so they can criticize it on social media. Leo is not an idiot he is overly sensitive airy fairy is an old phrase for people who talk nonsense with no meaning

It has nothing to do with lgbt rights

• Advertisement

Really?

Well you probably should have opened it with a far better original post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

im not disputing his very strange personality and incredible level of obnoxiousness but could a bone fide idiot really reach the oval office ?

Ronald Reagan was regularly called an idiot during his period in office and he is now viewed as having been a very good president for the most part , now im not comparing Trump to Reagan at all but can an idiot really do what Trump has done ?

I dont think he's an idiot,....nor do i think he's a genius either

But the man has bent an entire political movement to his will,and knows exactly how to tap into a large cohort who have been left behind ecoñically(and continue to be),

and unfortuntely likely,i suspect has more in common with your average american than his political rivils......

a great man to rally his base and win elections,but not particularly adept for the longer term grind of ruling (hence the reasonably good start to pandemic,but decended to a mess in the longer term)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Joe Biden Hands down.

If Donald Trump was dumber then Joe Biden is definitely dumberer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭ThePentagon

Any of the Loyalist/DUP/Brexiteer types up north, e.g. Donaldson, Kate Hoey, Jamie Bryson.

Shower of idiotic motherf***ers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Although the shinners do run them a close second.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭ThePentagon

Shinners up north look almost reasonable next to those loyalist buffoons.

Will Smith.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

You got in there before me.

I think he really lost it, right at the point he cried and said I hope the Oscars will invite me back.

Dude. They won't even Microsoft Teams you back into it again

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Amenhotep

Also people don't like this admit this, but he is a really good public speaker too, that helped immensely when he won in 2016.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Not on any planet. The "take my wifes name out of your Fcuking mouth" is never happening at the Oscars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,625 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Be right back

Remembered now for this and not for winning the Oscar. Eejit. The cursing was the icing on the cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭you2008

All those St**d EU leaders

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭you2008

most of world - of who? West? EU? Nato + Japan? China's population in 2020 was 1.412 billon, compared to 1.38 billion in India - and both not sanctioned Russia you tell me most of world? LOL

Morning Vlad.

Let me let you into a secret. Population size has absolutely nothing to do with it.

The Countries that have sanctioned Russia, ie the EU, USA, Canada, Japan, Korea, Australia etc, represent well over half of the global economy by GDP and 75% of Russia's market.

So yeah, most of the World.

Not so funny now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Will Smith. Just imagine if he slapped a female presenter like that. He would never work a day again and most likely be arrested. But because its 2 men its justified?? Disgusting double standards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Im going to go with the Irish middle income tax payer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭KaneToad

My ears are burning

• Advertisement
Advertisement