Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE Radio 1: The Ryan Tubridy Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

“Suspicious packages” were sent to RTÉ today. Tubs will be furious if there isn’t one for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Im not going to condone anthrax being sent to Ryan Tubridy.......

........or do i mean condemn???🤔

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭elperello

RTÉ would classify a shipment of quality programming from HBO as a “suspicious package”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

A good ol hack would probably be the only way we'd know how much Noel Kelly mugs us for every year

Go Rooskie's...

...ya murdering cnuts

NK furiously ringing St. Hacksburg Petersburg:

Can you get Lottie her own show?

Can you get Hugh Wallace another boring house programme, maybe with Jen Hogan and Bernard O'Shea as judges?

Can you Polonium Dee Forbes and get me in as DG?

Thanks guys. I'll pay you back big time.

With news that Zelensky is going to address the Dáil I hope he has a freshly pressed shirt and dry cleaned suit ready and give the occasion the appropriate sense of sartorial ceremony it requires. If he thinks he has problems with Putin, he wouldn't want to further irk the leg-breaker.

Hes certainly no JFK....hes just a scruffian....

Can someone text tubridy to head off to connemara with his books and offer up his dublin home to ukrainian families....

“If you’re not from Ireland and you’re wondering why we’re celebrating, you’re not from Ireland”

• Advertisement

“I’m looking forward to Mick McCarthy telling me about the death of his parents tonight”

Tubs bigging up an RTÉ podcast featuring………himself.

Charles and Camilla again. West Brit FM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Double cancer death, double joy for the ghoul 🙄

A big fire, but it wasn’t delicious. Intriguing.

Jesus Christ Tubs there are more words than “beautiful” in the English language.

• Advertisement

FREE Greeting Cards.

Now bigging up a painter who did a portrait of……Tubs. The man has zero self-awareness.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

DONT SHOW UP TO CROAGH PATRICK IF YOU ARENT ONE OF RYANS PALS AND CLIQUE.

I don't care if its a public mountain.

I don't care if its a tradition you have been observing for years for your own person reasons.

THE RTE CREW ARE COMMING. PLEASE MAKE WAY. YOU ARE NOT ONE OF THE COOL KIDS SO YOU ARE NOT INVITED.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭archfi

Back to another licence fee paid 'diversity, inclusion & equity' class for Tubridy!

There better be a bit about the systemic oppression of baldy men (me) in the re-education camp this time - that's another gap in Ryan's 'mindfulness'

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

Irish success stories at the Oscars……Daniel Day Lewis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

No no no you don't understand. When Ryan does it its just riffing and a bit of craic, certainly not bullying.

He’s going to play the air-raid siren again isn’t he?

“Two Tribes”, as mentioned by me when he first played the air raid siren. He reads the thread.

Tubs once again proves he does ZERO prep for this show, with a D’Arcy-like epic f*ck up there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,356 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Well done, Ryan.

Here’s a ‘jif’ just for you…

Tubs says “700 grand is a lot of money”, when he “earned” more than that in a year several times courtesy of the taxpayer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,356 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Ryan’s daily in-no-way-made-up ‘I’m crying listening to this’ message from a listener.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭archfi

My national radio mentor Duffy (and next president of Oireland) says differdent - if Leo the Lion can never be pulled up on faux offence because it only ever matters when someone sez they're mortally offended and they MUST be believed then I'm havin a piece of that oppression pie! 😉

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

Tubs makes a plea for listeners to help Ukrainians who had their car broken into and belongings stolen.

WHOY don’t you help them Bryan you multimillionaire tax avoider?

Nile Rogers and Chic free tickets on the way for that long plug.

Fun fact: Rogers and Bernard Edwards (RIP) wrote "Le Freak" after being refused entry to Studio 54, where ironically their records and productions were in constant rotation. The chorus of "Awwww.....freak out" was originally "awww....f*ck off", but they had to change it for radio. And with that I'm going to f*ck off myself after this song is over. Too much riffin' is bad for one's health.

• Advertisement

They're either crying listening to this or dancing around the kitchen to the top tuneage......

Rogers and Chic live is a great night out to be fair. That said, if Tubs is going I'm not sure I could stomach seeing him there.

I once saw Rogers and Chic in Radio City Music Hall in New York and then in a hotel in Galway a few weeks later. A juxtaposition if ever there was one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Georgeous is the other one oh and good ......... eggs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,190 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i was chatting to a manager of a dublin establishment and the two greatest nicest most delicious guests were paul Rudd and Pink, paul rudd actually emails them like you would email your mates!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Havent listened to this show or Liveline since before Christmas. It was a new year resolution. Feel the better for it, though I do look in here sometimes and see that nothing has changed. Intrigued by everything, the same few topics run over again and again, death, illness, stupid accents and impressions, Beatles, acting the maggot, toy show, US presidents.

I put on the LLS last night for 2 minutes to see him ask big Mick about how his father died. Switched off. How is this allowed to go on? He's the real life Bubble Boy from Seinfeld.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,429 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Do you listen to other radio at those times, or just switch off completely?

Not much of a resolution if I may say so. Stop listening to stuff which you obviously hate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

Have you learnt nothing. If you mention the name of the place you get to eat/drink free there. Go on. Give us a name so you can claim a freebie. Ryan would never do this.

On Saturday I treated myself to an impromptu double cheeseburger (with everything), sweet potato fries, and a strawberry milkshake in Bunsen in Ranelagh. Bunsen I believe are Irish so obviously it was the most amazing burger in the world - it was definitely the nicest double cheeseburger I had that day. Bunsen - if you are reading the thread and would like to send me some vouchers, send me a PM. I’ll promote to all of my instafans and stuff.

#delicious #gorgeous #intriguing #bonkers #bunsen #rte #holymoly #DLB #freebies

Tubs to perform aural fellatio on Kenneth Branagh shortly.

• Advertisement

The Oscars were bonkers.

Tubs chastising Chris Rock for telling a joke involving alopecia. So alopecia is off limits, but baldness is fair game. Ok................

"off his rocker" is code one assumes for under the influence of a South American powder so to speak.

Dear Bryan, Chris Rock was not the host, he was presenting an award.

"Judd Apatow who directed Breaking Bad"

Say what? Apatow did not direct Breaking Bad. Mother of God do 3 seconds prep for once will you.

It's easy for you to tell people to only watch movies in the cinema Bryan when you see all of your movies for free at premieres or preview screenings.

• Advertisement

Tubs then reveals he started to watch the Jessica Chastain movie at home. 🙄

U2 - fellow tax avoiders and all round good eggs.

Barry Keogan mention again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Paterson Jerins

Now a list of County Kilkenny's busiest bottle banks. I'm not making that up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement