Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

From a sim POV surely it makes way more sense to be able to move your goalkeeper than not...

The real issue is that keepers don't catch 100% of high balls in real life like they do in Fifa. In terms of 1 on 1s, keepers gamble on a side all the time...

• Administrators Posts: 54,069 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Yea it's ridiculous, even if you go front post and the attacker jumps in front of the keeper the keeper will still catch the high ball 100% of the time.

They need to introduce some manual element to high balls. Maybe a timed button press for catching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Down for anyone else? PS4 updated this morning, I'm connected and can do transfer market SBC etc but won't connect to rivals or fut champions. Says checking network connection then a screen flashes up too quickly for me to see it and I return to main menu. Weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Avon8

Getting the same issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,835 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Keeper movement either stays or goes, but it doesn't get fixed, EA don't do that.

Quick subs were broken when they were introduced 5 years ago and they're still exactly as broken now as they were then.

Ten years ago you could make custom set-piece plays where each player would run a path you set out for them in the training ground, but it was too easy to exploit so instead of trying to balance it EA just removed the feature altogether and now ten years later we don't even have anything remotely as advanced as this:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

damn i forgot about those custom set pieces...they were awesome.

Of course once they switched over to frostbite it all went downhill. It's been an absolute disaster of an engine for fifa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

great rewards for rivals for a change, 3 walk outs i think, VVD, Ramos and Di Maria and a few TOTW which was nice!

anyway i want to get tonali and caligiuri into my lige un team so i need an icon to get them both in on 8 chem, striker, 700k max budget,

thinking:

Baby puskas

mid eto

mid butra

moments owen

prime torres

moments crespo

any stand out performer? im not a great skiller so im ok with 3* skillers

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I actually forgot to get my eigh wins this week, I think, and only had four. Got Ramos from it though.

CL MOTM Benzema from a preview pack though 😍

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I packed mid Burtra and as a skiller myself I found him amazing in game 3 star skills didn't bother me (too much). His left stick dribbling and control of the ball is amazing.

decided to sell TOTY Donna, put mid cech back in and buy mid puskas!

• Advertisement

Thea leaks for FUT Fantasy Team 2 are making it out to be the most recycled, meta, boring promo team of the year for me, so far there's Ousmane Dembele, Sissoko, Martial, Atal, Aouar, Bamba, Coutinho

Went for a look back at FIFA 13 last night, picked that as it was the last good one I remember. They switched the engine for 14.

The lack of progress since 2013 is startling. The game is BARELY any different, it's 90% similar but the other 10% in changes since then haven't exactly been steller.

Fair play to them for managing to milk a game for nearly 10 years with very little effort.

Probably won't change until a competitor re-emerges. How did we go from a market which had endless amounts of new IPs to one where there is basically nobody else?.. we're not talking about a sport like rugby which doesn't transition well to the sport.. surely some other studio should take a punt on it... The bar is set very low to pass EA at this point.

It's ridiculous! Getting really frustrated with the lack of thought going into these promos, same sh!t over and over!!

84+ PP results

ter Stegen, IF Coman, Trippier

Gulasci, Martinez, CL MOTM Torres

IF Koke, Trippier, Pique

Really can't complain about that. Two high rated IFs ahead of the talks of a Moments Socrates SBC is very much appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Dani alves or toty hakimi in right back. Alves would be on 8 chem. Hakimi on ten. As a right wing back. Thanks

Personally found Alves better, at least offensively, but I’ve also found I can’t connect to any RB much so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I’m the opposite, much prefer TOTY Hakimi, so so agile on the ball and very strong too. Held it down well for me before I switched to Nuno Mendes for chem

That was the launch of the xbox one when they changed the engine to frostbite.

This is definitely my last year. The son has moved on from it already so I won’t need to get Fifa 23.

between toxic muppets and the shite gameplay I honestly can’t be bothered with it.

Find the gameplay better now again this time I've played for whatever reason. Was back down in division 5, had been on verge of 2. Did Rice as I just wanted to do an SBC. Slotted in nicely in my 3 man midfield and has scored some worldies. He's decent anyway. Enjoying using him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Two campaign bags done - Headliners Trapp in the first - I’ve now had his base card, 2 TOTWs and now his HL

second one got Fantasy FUT Inaki Williams so hopefully he will get an upgrade or two.

3 x84 player picks done - 86 Skriniar, 85 Oyarzabel and 87 Lloris.

Also opened the 83-90 x6 pack from FUT birthday - best was 87 Sancho.

Got Hero’s Joe Cole from a Jumbo Rare Players pack - anyone used him. Was surprised to see him as forgotten about the Hero cards

• Advertisement

I'm not even joking he's so good 😆

Crumbled and I'm doing the Ramos SBC before he goes. Every time I come up against him I can't get past him.

i did him, dont regret it, paired up in a full PSG backline, TOTY Marquinhos, TOTY Hakimi and Fut birthday mendes. (i packed marquinhos and mendes)

I might go half and half, I have TOTM DeGea and FB Varane already, wish Shaw out at LB, I could get Hakimi in to RB and slot Ramos in CB over 92 Maldini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Took the 10 Token '91+ Mid or Prime' from Swaps. Thnk I have used up all my pack luck until FUT28 with this one.

Used Cole for a while. He did ok but I got gold Salah then who was miles above him.

Yep he was great at the start but the hero cards all fell away by the Xmas time bar Di Natale, Cordoba and Ginola.

The top 7 cards in this promo team are either French or Brazilian

2 wins from 5 will get me my best finish in weeks.

having a lot of fun cause I’m coming up against a lot of people trying to play high pressure games, which means I’m killing them on counter attacks. I bought Fantasy Balde and did the Antonio SBC too. Throw them both on at 65 minutes, set both to aggressive interceptions and just whollop long balls up to them. It’s a blast, cause they out pace most defenders, and body any they don’t. 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

This game is getting so stale now… and I’m not usually one to quit this early. Just had a game in div 2, fella had TOTY Messi, Cancelo, KDB, Marq, Donnarumma, PIM Matthaus, POTM Mbappe etc. 2-1 down and he starts passing it round the back from 60th min to the end. My players couldn’t get it at all, even on constant pressure and R1 2nd press. His game plan was pass it around, R1 triangle to Mbappe/Salah/Messi rinse and repeat.

Advertisement