Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Hamachi

Are you involved is assessing the legitimacy of asylum claims Mark? If not, I'd suggest that you have zero insight into warmth of their welcome or the degree to which they can access services.

You wouldn't be speaking from a place of ignorance, would you Mark?

This is the issue.

Will the Dept scrutinise them?.

That's my issue. And from their track record with DP, you would have to say they won't.

The DP system has been a one way system despite the fact that making a legal application to Ireland is almost impossible(as unless you come from the UK you've passed through safe countries to fly here).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

It's a farce, but the hugs and feelings brigade have such a loud voice for a tiny minority.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭MarkEadie

Do the same questions apply to the other posters who claimed that these lads were scammers and so on? Were they speaking from a place of ignorance?

It's too easy on here sometimes to set up these checkmate moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

I admit that 12-14 was wrong and I picked up 60 as 16. I’ve no problem admitting that but then when asked why he didn’t stay and fight he says the are all sixty? Go back and listen to it again. I’ve listened to it five times and he’s all over the place but then says they are all sixty so they can’t fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭MarkEadie

So you are admitting you lied about them being 12-14. Why did you lie about that when it wasn't mentioned in the video at all? You followed up with some questions about schools and so on. Why did you continue to lie about it until you got pulled up on it?

I watched all I'm going to watch from that idiot who assaulted a dog. They said they were Ukrainian nationals, they were very polite, english was clearly not their first language and they didn't understand the idiot, who can be seen racially abusing a lad for no reason in a posted video earlier, for the most part but they were polite lads being nice. The guy put a lot of words in their mouths, much like you did when you claimed they said they were 12-14 and then randomly went on about schools and so on, a complete lie and fabrication that you had no problem furthering. You then expect to be taken seriously in the discussion. Comical stuff.

Actually, you don't know that to be true... You're guessing. The Ukrainian government has yet to chase those who avoided conscription, and if these migrants are indeed Ukrainian citizens, they might be open to prosecution at a later date.

Also, regardless of the video, and the claims made, there is no actual evidence that they are Ukrainian citizens, and as such, should be returned to their native country, rather than giving refuge in Ireland. If they are Ukrainian citizens, it should be relatively easy for them to prove it, either getting documentation from their native country showing the change in status, or simply producing their Ukrainian passports as evidence.

It's far more likely that they were migrants on limited visas in Ukraine, working or studying. Either way, they shouldn't be given refugee support in Ireland, because they don't need it. They have other options.. as opposed to Ukrainians who don't.

I do find it interesting the way you would prefer to champion these migrants over the needs of genuinely desperate refugees. Really makes me think that you're full of posturing rather than any genuine concern for the people involved. Which I find amusing since you tried to cast the posters here criticial about the Ukrainian refugees as being unreasonable or shallow, but here you are showing your own superficial stance.. a stance that seems more concerned with scoring points than actually committing to a particular belief..

Should be dragged into the back of the garda van. straight to the Ukranian embassy. The ambassador can then decide if they are Ukranian, and if not back to Kashmir in handcuffs. Its amazing how they make their way to the softest touch. Saw reports of an African lad who claimed to be Ukranian being seperated from the Ukranians and put into a detention centre to be deported to his African country of origin. The way it should be done. Also check out donegal live website too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Hamachi

But Mark, you're perpetually check-mating yourself..

The facts are these men are either (i) Ukrainian citizens, in which case they should be in that country pushing back against the Russian aggressor or (ii) not Ukrainians at all, in which case, their presence in Ireland demands rigorous scrutiny. It if transpires that it's the latter, presumably you play no role in the adjudication process and have zero insight into the outcome, right?

They are different scenarios. DP and Asylum runs under a very different system along with international legal requirements... than refugees. The NGOs have sought to merge the two, but they're still operating under different rules. The Ukrainian refugees are not going to be processed through the Asylum/DP process, unless they make separate individual claims.. which is possible, but not likely at this stage.

Justice and the government are aware of the limited finite resources. They'll make all the grand gestures for the Ukrainians, but I doubt they'll do the same for migrants to Ukraine of other nationalities, caught up by the conflict. It really depends what kind of sympathy the NGOs can drum up, but realistically, the actual Ukrainians have the trump card on sympathy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,278 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Does it ?

Disability? you are about 3.8 billion euros wrong on that, but it will surprise nobody :)

Nice that your everlasting schtick of inviting people over to benefit should be at the expense of taxpayers who need to :)

Those are pre covid figures and all the lockdown supports.

It's too easy on here sometimes to set up these checkmate moments.

That would require intent... Mark. Not simply responding to the flow of conversation. haha.. Utterly ridiculous claim to make. MarkEadie the grand master, who has lured other posters into.. whatever.

Hilarious. Utterly retarded claim to make, but hilarious nonetheless.

Absolutely and I sought those numbers purposely, fairly representative of the outlook as in normal times with less pressure on us and our kitty… and to discount the above posters nonsense assertions that ‘disability’ was the biggest spend ffs…billions shy of the biggest spending.

Pensions is always the biggest spend. Disability payments does exceed unemployments payments by a long shot but from your pie chart the dole payments are lost in the working age payments category and the disability payments in the illness,disability , carers sections

The smart sponging is done by being on a payment such as illness, or carers or lone parent, then working part-time in an undemanding job whilst also hoovering up the family income supplement

I do love to see it. a hard working, enthusiastic group of people who want to pay their way and also take part in community life with us locals. A stark contrast to the asylum seekers we have had over the last 30 years who seem to be fraudulant, welfare dependent, and setting up their own ethnic enclaves, seperate to us obviously inferior Irish

Not my pie chart, it’s from the department of social welfare. It appears accurate and devoid of any possibility to misinterpret unless deliberately.

smart sponging ? Can’t say I’m cognisant of anybody indulging in that thankfully. I don’t frequent those circles.

smart sponging would be also be people arriving from abroad, being given housing, cash, healthcare and other supports FREEE of charge… long term, when not in actual ‘need’…

All hail… multiculturalism..

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Noone said you need an interview to get the payment.

What I and others have clearly said is these interviews are common, they have been happening for years so your opinion that this is only because of the Ukranian situation is based on pretty much nothing other than your own fears. There is no truth to your opinion about the reason why this is happening.

DSP called your cousin in for an interview and asked for bank statements. This is a regular common practice that has been happening for years. End of story. Blaming immigrants on it is futile. Its not immigrants fault. Its not Ukranians fault. Multiculturalism has nothing to do with it at all. Immigration has nothing to do with it at all.

Its just a common practice/process that DSP do.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Those too. Playing the welfare system is all too prevalent, from natives back to the times of the Tuath De Danaan to the newest arrivals. Actually cracking down on everybody taking the piss, the same irregardless of origin, would reap big benefits. The issue with the case you quote, is he shouldnt have been allowed to stay in the first place(from Senegal), he should have been jailed, and he should have been brought straight to the airport to be flown back to France(and then Senegal), never to set foot in any other EU country again

edit: the low level regional insurgency in Senegal has been at ceasefire since 2012.. so should have returned voluntarily after all our hospitality. He has been found to have stolen more from us than he could concievably earn in a lifetime of honesty

• Advertisement

A stark contrast to the asylum seekers we have had over the last 30 years who seem to be fraudulant, welfare dependent, and setting up their own ethnic enclaves, seperate to us obviously inferior Irish

Would love to see some data on that or is this made up?

If you do go to the effort of actually trying to find some data what you'll learn is its completely untrue and instead is something parroted by the likes of the Daily Mail and xenophobic groups and has no basis in reality

Really? So you too know someone nationality by looking at them? As a fact?

Well I wasn't counting pensions.

Do you think we should take away pensions from pensioners? Do you think they should be audited every year?

Exactly this. The system is wrong.

A country should make it worthwhile to work. Everyone in the country should aspire to work. Our system does not do that. That's what is broken, that and the fraudsters, of which there are plenty, both native and foreign

browse through the figures in the last census, particularly the genders and participation rate in the workforce

It seems large numbers are leading "cloistered" lifestyles but i do not see an explosion of convents

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

Which figures would you like to use to back up your statement from the earlier post?

Simply linking to the homepage for the 2016 census page for Irish travellers tells me nothing. If you have data to back up your assertions, show it or, as others have had to do multiple times in this thread, admit your assertions are based on nothing but prejudice and have no grounding in reality

Jesus read the section title, it is "Census of Population 2016 – Profile 8 Irish Travellers, Ethnicity and Religion"

then there are multiple chapters on religion(nothing to do with traveller), I suggest you look at the sections "other christian" and "non christian" and look at labour force participation rates(ie employment), then compare and contrast. Its quite clear, without commetary, that there are parallel societies forming here(that will be openly hostile to Irish culture when their numbers increase, just like has happened all over Europe) funded by us Irish idiots.

Why do we have to copy the mistakes of other countries, when we can already see the outcomes

Nope, wouldn’t want that…. Pension will be taken away though, thanks to this rising state burden..

pension qualification age will rise bringing it to 67 by 2031 and 68 by 2039.

directly impacting our quality of life and lifespan as statistics tell us, just to enable that of others. Work is one of the main contributors to stress and can reduce your lifespan by up to 3 years according to certain experts.

pension age to rise, social welfare payment less accessible, less investment available in public services..and shorter lifespans..

:) great times.

• Advertisement

Pension age is rising all over the first world countries. That's what happens as countries become more successful and things get more expensive.

Refugees are not to blame for that either

Advertisement