Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bay Packers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,466 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

ZaDarious Smith and Billy Turner cut to free up cap room.

Davante not happy on the franchise tag.

Rasul Douglas to test FA

Sorry to see those two go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭Jofspring

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Blut2

Its cap friendly for the 2022 season, sure. But a $60mn cap hit for 42 year old (turning 43 mid-season) Rodgers in 2025 is lunacy.

Not 100% sure on how the cap works but if he retires before the start of that season then there is no cap hit?

It says the last two years are *placeholders. I assume they mean there is an out there.

Oren Burks gone to the 49ers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭cosatron

lucas patrick is gone to Da Bears. We will be drafting o-line again to replace patrick and turner and jenkins will be out for the first couple of games aswell.

Surprised at that……. Very versatile along the line, never really let us down.

Is he gone as a center to da Bears?

im surprised as well, 2 years 8 mill, we were never going to pay him that, it looks like Bahktiari, runyan, meyers, newman and maybe nyman at right tackle until jenkins comes back unless they draft a right tackle in the second round, cause i think we will drafting a dlineman in the first round. Its being a positive free agency so far, delighted to have campbell signed up.

I’m glad the lad got a good payday, unfortunately the O line looks a bit ‘skimpy’ right now with a lot of experience gone.

For some reason I have doubts that Bahktiari will be the LT he was before the injury, hope I’m wrong.

Injuries there seem to be always long term so hopefully we avoid being as unlucky as last season on the line.

Might be of interest to Packer fans

Brian Bulaga and JC Tretter both x Packers cut by their respective teams.

Both were Packers No1 picks I think, certainly Bulaga was.

• Advertisement

i would love to get Bulaga back on a vet minimum but his 32 and is injury prone.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Adams gone to the Raiders! Rodgers is back but he'll be throwing to Randall Cobb and Malik Taylor. 🤣

What about Lazard and MVS.Big Bob Tonyan?

Best of luck to Adams but I feel we depended too much on one receiver.

Somewhat tongue in cheek, Bren. Will MVS be back though?

I guess the chance of a very high WR pick will increase...

I'm actually really excited about the future, 4 picks in the first 2 rounds, all the main players back on defence, Douglas looks like his coming back, 20 m in cap space, get in a vet reciever and a speedster in the first round. And a big plus for me is that Rodgers will have to spread the ball around

Yes, possibly two, although they might have to trade one of their picks to move up.

Hopefully the Packers management have some kind of a plan already in place as to how to approach the new season

without #17.

It appears that Rogers knew that this was going to happen before his contract and at least that’s a good sign

Its going to be a very interesting off season and a very interesting draft.

So no MVS either. Not too bothered about losing him to be honest. Wildly inconsistent. The biggest problem it causes is two WR are needed now.

As it stands the packers have two first round and two second round picks along with the other rounds and I believe around $22m in cap space. You'd hope they can bring him some good free agents with that.

MVS was good at his very specific downfield deep run/catch....but not anything else. Absolutely not worth the $10mn+ a year the Chiefs are paying him.

It leaves the Packers WR room very sparse now though. Its not like there are many decent WR free agents left, and the ones that are available will probably require big money given this year's WR contract market.

I'd presume they'll try to sign as best a free agent WR as they can, draft a WR (or two) in the first round, and hope Amari Rodgers improves massively this season. Theres a lot of 'ifs' in that plan though...

I believe DK Metcalf is high on their wanted list.

Would be a good addition.

He'd be very useful. And if the Seahawks are going full rebuild mightn't cost too many picks. But in the 2022 WR market his salary demands will probably be a problem given the Packers' lack of cap space...

Landry would do a better job with Rodgers I think, and no draft picks required, but salary would also be an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

Lots of moaning floating about last night on the two first round drafts and the usual media sh*te, but given our inconsistency on Defense, I'm pretty happy with the picks.

There was an early run on WRs, so nothing worth a first by the time it got to us, and plenty still there for 2/3 Rd picks. Will reserve judgement until it is all done, but so far I'm alright with things.

Yes, me too.

They could have some ace up the sleeve when it comes to WRs so like yourself I will judge it when the draft is over.

2nd round will be interesting.

Lions slipping in a lot of good weapons in under the radar?

could be a different lot next season?

so far so good. No wide reciever left was worth a first round pick. we will have to move up today to get one of watson/pickens which i think we will.

So was Watson worth 2 2nd rd picks? Twice the cost of many 2nd rd picks over the years. Doesn't make sense to me.

This is what I don't get sometimes. People going buck mad when we didn't burn a first round pick on a WR, and then going buck mad when we make a move to get what looks a pretty solid WR in the second.

Not attributing the former of that to you as I've no idea what you made of our first round moves, you're just getting caught in the crossfire of my reaction to some online moaning.

Given the rush on WRs during the draft and the mad money established ones are getting on contracts now, I'm pretty OK with the move. With seven WRs going in the 2nd round, we definitely had to make a move if the team thinks that's our guy.

Skyyyy Moore was available at #53, as was Alec Pierce. Packers could have had either, and another 2nd rd pick.

Aaaaaad we are off again!

Tough start away to Vikes today, not too hopeful of a ‘result’ given injuries etc.

New look offence will be interesting, I trust the D, I don’t trust the special teams.

Lot of ‘unproven ‘ players, newish O line, new punter, holder and long snapper.

In Jack Coco we trust!!! In the Defense we trust.

Special Teams continues to be my biggest point of concern too, Bren.

Bookies have Vikings as favourites by half a point.

Given that we're talking Jefferson, Thielen and Cook on their side of the ball.....versus an injured Lazard, a half way to retirement Sammy Watkins made out of Weetabix and Aaron Jones on our side, essentially Cousins just needs to have a bog average game to get things done, AR12 needs to have a spectacular one.

Good synopsis Fionn, however we have seen nothing of the Packers ‘starters’ so maybe a miracle?

I think it will be a low scoring game and the Packers D. will be a vital component.

They must keep the Vikes O. off the field and prevent those fokking big gains down the middle on third down the Packers are so fond of conceding.

The two RBs Jones and Dillon will be well worked, Rogers needs to take what he gets .

Lets hope for the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Shambolic first half, all over the shop!

Advertisement