Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway GAA Discussion Thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭tvpc

Sounds like kelly has a bad eye injury and will be out for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Derry lad has to get a ban for that shytalkin, not right at any time but game was well friggin lost when he did that 😖

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

Eye gouging should be a lifetime ban absolutely disgraceful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭blowitupref

The Derry player Gareth McKinless applied pressure to Sean Kellys eye and got sent off for it, usually those incidents are missed by officials. The ref match report will more or less decide on the length of the ban, he'll be lucky if its not a long one.

Have you got a link on Sean Kelly "out for a while" or is that comment purely guess work?

Theres a video of it up on galway footballers homepage if anyone has access, they're also saying Oisin mc Williams suffered a broken jaw in the match.. Only listened on the radio myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Hard to know if more should of been given a break. I know they're young but Tierney and the two Kelly's have a lot of football played between County and college.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Always_Running

A stronger Galway line up than expected. Only John Daly,Cillan McDaid,Rob Finnerty rested. Obviously Comer and Conroy not playing because of injury and suspension.

Post edited by Always_Running on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

I presume Sean Kelly is a dummy starter after his eye injury?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Daft putting out a dummy team for a game of so little importance......

I hope so. It'd be bonkers to still be starting Tierney who has a lot of minutes on the clock already factoring in colleges.

• Advertisement

He's training so guessing he's fine. Still think a rest no harm for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

I doubt that team starts. It makes sense to give at least the Sigerson players a week off.

Heaney goal. Daly points. About all worth talking as positives from a Galway point of view

Hurling panel for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭donnem33

Very young panel overall.

Interesting the likes of Niall burke, Sean blehene and Ja Mannion have been let go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭spurshero

Burke left of his own accord supposedly … presumably didn’t think he was getting enough game time .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Rumoured on the Ah Ref pod that Comer is injured, any truth in it?

Damo named to start. Surprising.

Shane drops out completely. Worrying.

Paul Kelly not starting. Weird unless has a knock.

Patrick Kelly back in the squad. Positive.

Walsh was carrrying an injury for sure against Clare. He could barely run.

I agree. He went down and came off early in the Clare match. However he did make the bench doing full warm up in the Derry game. Was named as a sub then removed against Roscommon and now doesn't make the squad. Seems to be going backwards rather than forwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Avon8

Joyce did say in the interview after last week's game that one of Walsh/Comer might make it but the other wouldn't. I assumed it'd be Comer who'd be out, especially with how dodgy hamstrings strains are and his history. So pleasantly surprised if he plays, as a back injury with Walsh sounds more manageable at least. Still wouldn't surprise me if that team is a dummy though. I'd be surprised if Paul Kelly doesn't start anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭MfMan

Fairly beefed-up midfield and HF line. Robbing Peter to pay Paul by moving Sean Kelly out though, don't think that FB line is good enough v Mayo. HB line picking itself now. Paul Kelly's form has been patchy at times during the league and may come under pressure to start v Mayo. Aren't McLoughlin and McGrath slated to play for the U2os next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭mjp

Be interesting see how Daly goes Sunday. His performance in the Hyde kicking 5 points must've surprised management even as hadn't got a sniff in any of the league matches prior to that. Sean Kelly I'll surely go back to full back to pick up Smyth who likes to roam out the field as Molloy isn't a natural full back. Daly will probably go to midfield and Conroy to 11 with Walsh not available

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭grbear

Wasn't able to go today so I'll settle for watching the TV coverage.

Looks like ideal conditions for the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭grbear

Conroy has been fantastic so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭spurshero

Problem is most of players around him have been very quiet . Heaney has some ok maybe but from midfield up we need a lot more .

Flaherty lucky to get away with a few mistakes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,151 ✭✭✭threeball

Roscommon comfortably better than us. Now we're bringing in Walsh and running the risk of losing him for the Mayo game. We haven't improved one bit since last year and division 2 has been disguising the flaws.

Is there any other "Tier one" county that consistently loses/makes Roscommon look better than Galway?.

Kerry, Mayo, Dublin etc.. they'd all beat then 9/10 but Galway seem to have a habit of making them look better than they are. They'll be relegated again next year.

I've seen enough from Joyce by now to know we're just wasting our time with him. Plenty of underage success and talent there and underachieving beyond belief under him. Should never have got a second year never mind a third.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,302 ✭✭✭Robson99

Doing ok but our back line very open. Kieran Molloy a mile off the pace of the game

Advertisement