Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancer, Illusion, Hairdressing and Abortion! The Late Late Show-Friday 25th March 2021

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭treascon

16 actually, couldn’t listen to anymore. I’m gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭_NAGDEFY

Like WelshMegaMan I'll call it a day.

• He didn’t do the camp voice thing so much as the “big in the entertainment world” thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,298 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Has she had more kids since?

• Advertisement

• Ryan would love to ruin your make-up as he pulls the flush of the cistern of tears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Saw that on the RTE archives a while back, would love to see a "where are they now". We would find out if the lad with the raven taking off on his head is as bald as a coot and approaching retirement as the head of marketing for Abrakebabra, or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭animalinside

Just one item of ''progressive'' garbage after another. In fairness, this poor girl was justified in terminating her pregnancy as the child would have had no quality of life, but she's an extreme example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,298 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Whatever happened to the last 20 minutes of the show being permanently cut we will never know.

• Advertisement

• It’s something similar with attention-seeking girls on Instagram etc, I think; attention-seeking behaviour generally irritates, but of course it should be ignored if it annoys, and violence or hate is never justified.

• It’s always been traditional Traveller ambition. Harks back to days when life expectancy was so short that reproduction started early and life was lived as basically as possible, reproduction being necessary just to keep enough folk alive in a community of harsh subsistence living.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,368 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

It's so funny, 5 year olds can do better magic that Kieth Barry, why the fck do RTE allow this idiot on tv. It's like he has something on them/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Im all for cutting back the Late Late Show....but it should also follow that the presenter should also be cut financially....

That is just common sense....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

I fully agree, but Noel Kelly runs the show, not D4orbes, and certainly not the license fee payers, all three quarters of us who actually bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,015 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I see our organic marmalade Troll, up early @[Deleted User], albeit impressive response time, normally requires a few days to trawl through various threads, spend some time in deep reflection on how best to quote a post and jumble a few words together resulting in meaningless, tiresome & incoherent nonsense.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,015 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Of course we know that ain't ever going to happen (Presenter being cut financially) 😉

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Did you write the Mrs Brown's Boys ad currently being featured ad nauseum on all media?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Late Late Show Segements 2021/2022: 104

Friends of RTE: 25 (24%)

Sport: 11 (10%)

Music: 10 (9%)

Misery (Illness / death): 23 (22%)

Other: 35 (33%)

*Bonus* Toy Show mention: 8/23 (34%) - lost track of this tbh.

Special Episodes:

1 - Geldof Birthday (463,000 viewers)

2 - Toy Show (1,560,000 viewers)

3 - A song for Europe (455,000 viewers, down 57,000 on the previous week)

4 - Saint Valantines' day special (353,000 viewers)

5 - Marion Keys eulogy (382,000 viewers)

6 - Ukraine fundraising (451,000 viewers)

7 - Ukraine II (403,000 viewers)

8 - Saint Patrick's day (446,000 viewers)

9 - Daffodil day cancer special

Low points: Olympic sport segments, Billy Connolly, Mario Rosenstock, Irelands Call, Marion Keys, Late Late Show award to the Ukrainian people.

High Points: Geldof Birthday, Lyra, Lisa Fallon, Karen Weekes transatlantic rower.

Ryan Tubridy second year in a row: "Better days are ahead, mark my words"

Riffin' Ryan's analysis of "Belfast": "To shake hands with the ghost of your old childhood."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Just saw a headline pop up on my phone:

"LATE LATE Viewers in tears after..."

and I wasn't sure if it was after Keith Barry or Amy Dunne...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

Couple of questions

1. Is Marion Keys dead?
    2. Did they actually have two Ukraine fundraisers?
    3. What was the Late Late Show Awarsd to the Ukraine people
    4. What happened with The Big Yin?

1. No. Still alive.

2. No, fundraiser week 1, two Mary's etc discussing further on week 2.

3. From the St Patrick's day promo: "The Late Late Show St Patrick's Day Award will be presented live on the night and will pay homage to the victims of the war in Ukraine."

4. An potentially good guest ruined by an excel spreadsheet interview featuring such questions along the lines of: Whats your relationship and attitude towards mortality in 2021? Do you ever think about your dead mother?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

Here Billy, your I know you like to tell funny stories. But sure your ma is dead 20 years. Do you miss her?

Are you sad that you will die?

The Late Late Show aware Jesus.

The show and format is dead on its feet. With no relevance to anyone under the age or 60.

Late Late Show award. The Sheering Fulling Huburis.

The 'late Late Show St Patrick's Day award' to the people of Ukriane is all the more in bad taste when you consider that less than a month ago, after the invasion had commenced, Riffin Ryan was:

1. Joking that we now know the correct pronounciatio of Kyiv (this has now been removed from the playback on the rte website.

2. Playing air raid sirens as they give him "the heebie jeebies".

3. Questioning if Zelenskyy is out of his dept due to his background and due to appearing "very desperate, very unshaven, he was wearing of a Tshirt" at a press conference a few days into the invasion of his country; and

4. Laughing while telling us "this war is only up the road lads".

Ryan then appeared to take on a massive change in tone regarding the invasion, from, as he said himself "flippant and glib" to more sounding concerned.

When I say more concerned tho, this concern is driven by his realisation that "Everytime I see people fleeing or with their bags trying to get on buses to wherever they can go I kept thinking they all look like us, they all look like our neighbours, they look like us."

He has also overcome his urge to retreat to a nice cottage in connemara and go fishing, in response to hearing about the hardships of the Ukrianian people.

For this bravery, and empathetic approach I would like to nominate Riffin' Ryan Tubridy for the Late Late Show thread award for outstanding achievements in the field of excellence award 2022.

Advertisement