Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Treaty United 2022 season

• 29-01-2022 3:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭

The 2022 season is almost upon us, so it's time for a new thread.

Squad News: We've lost a couple of key players for this season. Sean McSweeney to Shelbourne, and Tadhg Ryan to Bohemians, although ex-Limerick keeper Jack Brady is a very solid replacement. Apart from that, we've kept pretty much everybody we would have wanted to keep, manager Tommy Barrett has recruited new players: Denzil Fernandes (ex Shelbourne and Cobh), Enda Curran (ex Galway), ex-Limerick player Lee Devitt (from Cobh), as well as Jack Brady, so the squad is in decent shape, and we should be competitive enough again this season.

Pre-season friendly news: Treaty played a friendly against Finn Harps a few days ago, losing 2-0, and we play another friendly away to Shamrock Rovers today, kicking off at 4pm. We have a friendly at home to Waterford next Tuesday evening at 7.30pm. Tickets will be available at the gate (adults €10, children free), but if you already have a season ticket, then entry to the friendly is included.

Division 1 start: We start our league campaign away to Wexford on Friday February 18th, with our first home game the following Friday againt Athlone. Fully fixture list below.

Tickets: Season ticket prices are available here: https://treatyunitedfc.com/tickets/ €170 for an adult, €110 for students/OAP, U-12s €60, and there are also family packages available, which also allow entry to Women's National League fixtures. I expect that matchday tickets will be available at the gate this season, but that's just my guess. If not, they'll be available online.

LOITV will return also, so for approximately €80 (at least, that was the price last season), if you can't make the actual matches, you can have the pleasure of a ball-tracking camera pointing at everything but the ball for all home and away games. I myself have moved to Scotland for work so will be availing of that whenever I'm not home to watch games.

Social media: If you want to keep up-to-date with things, you can do so on the social media the club are active on: Facebook and Twitter.

Full fixture list (subject to change):

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Lost 3-0 away to Shamrock Rovers. No shame in that considering their quality.

Treaty best Waterford 2-0 tonight with a first half backheel from Dean George and a second half header from Sean Guerins.

I said above that it was a friendly but it was actually the quarterfinal of the Munster senior cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,168 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Anyone know if there is a such thing as a Treaty United scarf and a shop to buy one if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭grimbergen

Great info Osaruan. Looking forward to this season and if anything I think the squad may have strengthened slightly. Joe Goman is a big addition and young Coughaln is being talked up. Goals will be the challenge though. Overall i think the Division is stronger overall so the playoffs will be more of a reach.

Unfortunately the LOITV is only available on a per match basis thanks to the wisdom of the FAI... Still good to have it but not as good as the season pass.

Can't wait to be back in the Markets Field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Wow, what a start to the season.

• Advertisement

Wexford 1-5 Treaty

(McNamara, Coustrain, Curran x 2 (1 penalty), Gorman.

Great start to the season for Treaty. I was not at this, so just going off social media updates and the like, but we were 2-1 up at half-time, and then 3 goals in 15 minutes early in the second half obviously ended it as a contest.

The first goal arrived when Joel Coustrain nodded a freekick back across goal for Callum McNamara to finish at the far post, and then Coustrain was quicked to react after the Wexford keeper spilled a deflected freekick. Wexford pulled one back just before halftime.

In the second half, Enda Curran scored a penalty and then another from a Charlie Fleming cross, and Joe Gorman headed home a freekick to end the scoring.

Surprisingly, that doesn't put us top of the table as Cork beat Bray 6-0 tonight.

Next game: Home versus Athlone, Friday February 25th, 7.45pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭grimbergen

Great start and sets up next Friday night nicely.

Did anyone buy the fan membership? I'd like to go for it I think - very attracted by fan financed football and they do seem to be doing things right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Quitelife

Treaty Team that beat Wexford - Jack Brady, Charlie Fleming, Sean Guerins, Joe Gorman, Marc Ludden, Joel Coustrain, Mark Walsh , Callum McNamara, Lee Devitt, Conor Melody Enda Curran -Subs Dean George , Matt Keane,Willie Armshaw,Colin Conroy,KIeran Hanlon

Can anyone give details of where the players hail from? Kieran Hanlon is from Limerick and Armshaw is from Tipperary the only ones id know of., apologies for my ignorance Might go to Athlone match friday night but keen to familiarize myself with the players.

Sporting Limerick has been running profiles of the squad over the past few weeks. Some nice reads.

https://sportinglimerick.com/soccer/

Is tonight's game a sell out ?

The website is only showing the season ticket option.

Edit: called off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Paddico

Cobh Ramblers 0-0 Treaty

I was just following updates on this match, and there were very very few of those. Seems like a fairly poor match with few chances, even the Treaty facebook page was calling it dull!

Jack Brady made a very good save and we had a shot cleared off the line, but little happened otherwise.

Next match: Home to Longford, Friday March 11, 7.45pm.

Galway 2-1 Treaty

(Curran)

Treaty were 1 down after 6 minutes and 2 down at half time, with Treaty's twitter account whining about the second goal.

Enda Curran pulled one back in the second half and it seems like we put them under some pressure, but were unable to find an equaliser.

Next game: home to Cork, Friday March 18, 3pm

Although there will be a pitch inspection tomorrow regarding that game.

Treaty 0-4 Cork

I was only following social media updates for this one from here in Scotland, but we were 3 down after about half an hour and it looks like we never turned up at all. Seems like we had a few chances here and there, but Jack Brady had to make some good saves also to keep the score down.

Awful way to start the season at home.

Next game: home to Waterford, Friday March 25, 7.45pm.

Treaty 2-1 Waterford

(Keane, Curran)

Super night in the Markets Field tonight. We were 1 up after just 6 minutes, when a low cross by Marc Ludden made its way across the box and Matt Keane sent it back in the direction it came from, low past the keeper. We had Jack Brady to thank when he did well to fingertip a shot over the bar after a smart turn in our box, but we created some chances of our own too.

Early in the second half Waterford had a player sent off for a late lunge, and we were 2 up after 57 minutes when Enda Curran rose above his man to meet a super Charlie Fleming cross and power a header low past the keeper. It should have been easy from then on, but Waterford got into the game and started putting us under real pressure. Brady made a couple of good saves, but when he made another good save from a low shot after a half-cleared corner, a Waterford player was quickest to react to head into the empty net with 15 minutes to go.

We stretched them on the break, with substitutes Dean George, Willie Armshaw and Joel Coustrain all having chances to seal it, and we survived a spell of pressure and a few corners right at the end, but Waterford never fashioned the real chance they were looking for.

Great reaction to a terrible performance against Cork, and great to be back to winning ways.

Next game: home to Athlone, Monday April 4th, 7.45pm.

Was it just that I was a bit tired or was it a hard game to watch ?

Felt like there was a lot more broken play, long ball and mistakes than usual.

Treaty are often a hard watch to be honest. Tommy Barrett is a very pragmatic and fairly conservative manager, and I don't really care how we play as long as we get results.

I kinda meant compared to other Treaty games.

Some nice off the field additions this season with the merchandise shop and chipper van

Reminder that Treaty play Athlone tonight in a rearranged match. Kickoff 7.45pm. Tickets from the original match are still valid.

I have a ticket that I boought for the original fixture that I cannot use, so if anybody wants a free ticket for the match, contact my by PM with your email address and I'll get it to you.

Treaty 2-0 Athlone

(George 2)

Seemed like a fairly comfortable win for Treaty United after a slow start, just by going from the updates. Red Hanlon had to go off injured after 35 minutes, and sub Dean George scored just a couple of minutes later when he was quickest to react after the Athlone keeper made a very good save from a Matt Keane header.

It was 2-0 on the hour, after the keeper could only parry a Stephen Cristopher shot and George was there to pounce. It was comfortable after that, and we were even able to give local lad Martin Coughlan his debut (he was booked about 30 seconds later!).

Great to win and keep a clean sheet. This brings us into the top 4.

Next game: away to Bray, Friday April 8th, 7.45pm

• Advertisement

Bray 0-0 Treaty

I paid €5 to watch this on LOItv and that's €5 and 90 minutes I'll never get back. Genuinely awful game from start to finish.

The first half in particular was woeful, with neither side able to put more than 3 passes together. I cannot recall even a half-chance for either side.

Treaty picked it up a little in the second half, and had more of the possession and territory, but it was Bray that managed the better chances, twice getting in on Jack Brady, once forcing a save, and one hitting the side netting. Treaty's best chance was a snapshot from Willie Armshaw after a Ludden long throw was flicked on into his path, but he slashed it wildly over the bar.

Next game: away to Athlone Town, Friday April 15, 7.45pm.

Athlone 1-1 Treaty

(Christopher)

Treaty had to rescue a point against a team they beat fairly comfortably a couple of weeks ago.

We had the better of the possession in the first half, but it was Athlone who had the best chance when a mishit shot was poked towards goal and Jack Brady had to make a point blank save. Enda Curran's shot wide was probably Treaty's best chance.

It was much the same in the second half, with Treaty having more of the ball but not doing much with it in the final third. With 8 minutes to go a quick freekick caught us napping and a low ball across the box was finised from a few yards out. We pressed, and somehow failed to score when a Ludden volley at the back post came down off the crossbar and evaded the inrushing Lee Devitt. but we did get the equaliser 2 minutes from time when a weak headed clearance from a cross fell perfectly for Stephen Cristopher to smash a rocket into the roof of the net.

Next game: home versus Wexford, Monday April 18, 7.45pm.

Treaty 2-1 Wexford

(Curran, Christopher (penalty))

Daylight (nightlight?) robbery in the Markets Field tonight as a 90th minute penalty won it for Treaty.

Wexford played us off the pitch for most of the first half, and their front 4 turned our defence inside out all night long with intricate passes and lovely movement. They were a final flick away from a goal a few times, and Jack Brady had to make one super save from Dinny Corcoran to keep it scoreless. We scored with our only real chance of the half, when a Christopher cross into the box wasn't dealt with, and even though their keeper made a good save from Coustrain, the ball fell kindly for Enda Curran to blast home from about 8 yards out, despite the best attempts at a block by the defender on the line.

It was much the same in the second half, but Wexford began to run out of ideas or out of steam, and we started to take a bit more control of the game. Just when it looked like we were getting comfortable, they equalised with a perfect glancing header from a superb cross on the right wing. In the last 15 minutes it was Wexford who looked more likely to score, and they had a few freekicks and corners that worried us. It was from one of these that Brady collected the ball, and Willie Armshaw was alert to run into space. Brady's punt downfield was criminally misjudged by the Wexford centre-half, and suddenly Armshaw was in on goal, and either the advancing keeper or chasing defender brought him down. Stephen Cristopher fired the 90th minute penalty into the top left corner, and we survived a couple more balls into our box to get a thoroughly undeserved win which moves us up to 4th in the table.

Next game: away to Longford, Saturday April 23rd, 7.30pm.

Post edited by osarusan on

to be deleted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Paddico

Its more of that type of commentary we need.

He makes it sound exciting

Longford 0-0 Treaty

Decent result against one of the stronger teams in the division tonight.

I wasn't at or watching the game, so just going off updates, and it seems like Longford had the better of things in the first half, with a goal disallowed for offside and forcing Brady into a very good save, while Treaty's best chance came when Enda Curran almost took advantage of longford failing to play their way out from the back.

It was more of the same in the second half, with Longford threatening more than Treaty did, but thanks to some more good keeping from Jack Brady and some poor finishing from Longford, it ended scoreless, and that's now six games unbeaten for Treaty, although there's a real test next weekend.

Next game: home to Galway, Friday April 29th, 7.45pm.

Maynooth 0-3 Treaty

(Curran, Armshaw, Devitt)

Comfortable FAI Cup win away against non-league opposition this evening. Enda Curran start it off by dispossessing a Maynooth player and scoring. Then Willie Armshaw scored afer good work by Colin Conroy, and Lee Devitt finished off the attack he started in the closing minutes to make it 3-0.

Next game: home versus Cobh, Friday September 2nd, 7.45pm

Advertisement