Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Love that one. Mad how in the face of human suffering there is always humour to be found.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭jmreire

Foreign Mercenaries from Syria....well that plan didn't work out too well for the Chechens'. The much feared " Kadyrovsky's" were decimated. Hunting down and killing small nrs of Chechan rebels in the woods in Chechnya is a far cry from fighting Ukrainians on their home turf, and armed to the teeth. Admittedly, the Syrians might have more experience, but even so, the Ukrainians have fought and beaten elite Russian units like Spetsnaz etc. too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Georgia Chechynia, Syria never had a better chance of recapturing old territory from Russia.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭circadian

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Bumpstop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Did I read correctly that someone replied to the thread with the phrase "The Daily Mail reported"..there should a script in place to autoban them LOL! I put more credence in a briefing from the Russian Ministry of Defense 🤣😂🤣😂🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greenpilot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭firemansam4

Imagine if they all coordinated a ressurgence at the same time, then Belarus uprises against their regime as well. Russia will be well and truly in the sh**t.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

This is very dystopian: :-(

Rubizhne after Russian shelling.

Did the Ukrainians manage to take out the 16 truck convoy resupplying the antidepressants?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,511 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

One of CNN's military guys was saying the other evening that if Belarus was to send its army into Ukraine, it very likely would lead to the toppling of Lukashenko (a deeply unpopular invasion that most of the population would be against).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,712 ✭✭✭✭briany

Can't help but feel worried for SKY News reporter Alex Crawford and her team. She's reporting from the evacuation of Chernihiv, travelling along a route the Russians are targeting and sheltering with other evacuees in a basement. Some of those news reporters are nuts. It was only less than a month ago that it was Stuart Ramsey's team, I think, getting fired on at that checkpoint and pretty much filming the whole ordeal. That's not to mention a number of other people working in the journalism field who actually have been shot and killed during the conflict so far.

Maybe like those guys who race the Isle of Man TT, it's just a different breed of people and they're aware of the risks they're taking, but, damn, you only need to put yourself in so much danger before it's just not worth it.

And if Lukashenko openly defies a demand from Putin for Belarussian forces to join the fray, what happens then? He can neither order forces to war nor defy Putin without putting his job security, at a minimum, in critical danger. He must be on his knees every night praying for this war to just go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

They can't even get to Kyiv, so it would have to be denazification with long range missiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Trying to put on a brave face at this stage is hilarious. This is not the early 20th century any more.

They caught the Ukrainians on the hop, but they think they are gonna waltz into Poland without a lot of dead Russians?

And if they think they can fire a nuke at warsaw without St Petersburg or Moscow being wiped off the map they have another thing coming.

@DrumSteve

They caught the Ukrainians on the hop, but they think they are gonna waltz into Poland without a lot of dead Russians?

They didn't catch Ukrainians on the hop in this last round. It's one thing to roll tanks into a largely Russian area of a country that's going through a revolution. It's quite another to go into another country that has a highly motivated and well-supplied military that's waiting for you to try something.

The Russians have nothing of worth to threaten Poland, and NATO by extension, other than raw numbers. The only thing Putin can reasonably threaten the West with is the nukes, because their army is a complete joke (relatively speaking).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

The Russians would find it hard to take a kindergarden at the minute, never mind make an attempt at Poland or anywhere else. If they tried massing on the Polish border, the Poles would crush them while they slept.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,332 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Very good article in today's Indo about the brainwashing and gaslighting of the Russian public which has been going on for many years. I'm amazed to read that many Russian people (perhaps as high as 80%) are not even aware that the Soviet Union invaded Poland in 1939 and the Baltic states in 1940. It appears they have an entirely garbled view of Russia's history and its place in the world, fuelled by years of lies and state propaganda.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭thomil

Another 5100 anti-tank weapons are on their way from Germany to Ukraine. According to German newspaper Bild and TV station n-tv Nachrichten, these are RGW-90 MATADOR anti-armour weapons. Apparently, to avoid having to get approval from the Bundestag, these weapons were purchased by Ukraine with money provided by Germany. 2650 weapons have been delivered, the rest will be delivered in smaller weekly batches as they come off the assembly line. The order by the way was placed on March 18th. I've had Amazon orders that took longer than that.

This is a major shift in German policy, as these weapons are purchased directly from the manufacturer, rather than being drawn from Bundeswehr depots, as was the case with the Panzerfaust 3, Stinger or the infamous Strela missiles.

It's interesting to see that the Greens in Germany are emerging as the driving force with regards to supporting Ukraine. From what I've seen, it's been Minister for the Economy Robert Habeck and Foreign Minister Annalena Baerbock, who were the driving force behind this purchase and the rapid approval for export.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,819 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Russia never underwent a demarxification campaign, the leadership of the country are all products of the old system and still applying its tactics and methodology.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,819 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Great to see and great to see that the Pro Russian structure in German Govt are being worked around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

With regards to the Black Sea.

Is it only Russian boats/ships in that area or are there allied vessels there too?

I know I sound stupid but if there are, do they just float around looking at each other? I mean would each side be visible to each other?

I was reading about exercises in the Med/ionian and North Sea. Would they be the closest ships?

Or is there any need for Nato/Us/EU boats to be there?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Shower of twats. Good luck with that. Their obvious tin pot army would be laughed at .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

That Daily Mail story about Hunter Biden running bio labs in Ukraine to produce anthrax is such a complete and utter load of tosh.

Everyone knows that Hunter Biden is in Moscow running an underground McDonalds and dealing in black market Big Macs. The demand for his Big Macs is so high that he just doesnt have the time to be making anthrax in Ukraine.

Typical Daily Mail making sh1t up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭Field east

Is it not in the RU interest not to let out this information because it must be very debilitating for the RU army? On the other hand maybe it is to RU advantage to make the list as large as possible - even though it might be fake so as to mislead the Ukr army. In war every ‘ possible advantage’ is taken - true or not

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭JoChervil

But well documented and objective relations can help enormously in a latter punishment of war criminals

It's easy to see how the public can so readily buy into the nonsense of "denazifying" and "demilitarising" Ukraine. They don't even understand their own country and its history, never mind that of their neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭circadian

I couldn't help but laught because of the sheer size of her balls in this morning's report. They jumped out of the van and shells were exploding all around them and as calm as you like, she lifts the camera and looks at it says "as you can see....they're shelling the area around us." Like it was nothing.

I made my way through some crazy **** during the troubles, including missing a massive car bomb in 2010 by less than 10 minutes but this is another level. It's a relentless gauntlet of artillery, gunfire and anything else the Russians can throw at them and the reporters somehow have their **** together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭20silkcut

A Panzerknacker possibly the best name for a weapon I have ever heard. 🤣

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement