Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭corner back 2

Would agree about Kenny but felt he improved against Waterford. You mustn't have been watching Buckley for the last two matches because he has been integral to the KK game plan. Without his massive workload and ground coverage there was no way we would have stifled the Dublin and Waterford half back lines. Also he frees up Padraig to drift off his marker and get scores. He also looks to be moving a lot more freely the last few matches which is a good sign considering his injury history.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

I don't think Buckley miss hit the ball for his goal either. Give the chap some credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭therealdonster

Any update on that U20 match? Is it in pairc UI chaoimh?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭Rosita

Wouldn't over-read this stuff. St Kieran's have won 6 of the last 10 Colleges AI titles. Kilkenny have won 1 of the last 10 AI minor titles. Galway have won 4 of the last 5 minor AI titles and when did their schools last win a colleges?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭big_drive

Yes at 5.15 for u20 game

• Advertisement

Cork leading 2-10 to 0-13 at HT. Yes game is at Pairc Ui Chaoimh. My own county Clare played the Kilkenny's U20's in a challenge match early in the last week. Does anyone know how that match went?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭ttowncat

Clare won by a good bit. Clare had a full strength team out. Kilkenny were giving a look to a lot of players who had maybe not seen much game time up to now.

Cork's throwing of the ball must be the most blatant of any county.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭conor05

Plenty of fire still left in Brian Cody’s belly anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭dzer2

Gonna be hard to win this with that ref

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Very good first 15 mins and we've done well to hang with them in the last 20 mins. Free count is ridiculous but to be fair most of them were frees (some of them really really soft and the Blanchfield one just blatantly wrong) but that's always likely to happen against Cork due to their running game. Conor Delaney under serious pressure in the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Mad about baa baas

Most of them were frees to be fair..looks like our backs are terrified of corks pace..corks full back line are shocking..aren't fouling cos they can't get close enough

Eoin Murphy was lucky with the free given to Connolly as he made a gash of the save attempt.

As for the ref etc., in reality Kilkenny brought a lot more physical intensity to it so kept fouling. Getting stuck in is fine but if you can't do it without fouling it's no use.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭therealdonster

And Mark Cokeman is the worst culprit for throwing the ball of all. If refs properly managed Corks throwing I think they wouldn't be much of a threat as it would seriously curtail their running game.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭conor05

My granny would turn faster than the Cork full back.

We should get the win here as we are getting great success from the ball into our full forward line.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

Even though foul count strongly against KK, most are correct.

Need to get the ball into Billy more as he's destroying O'Leary. Going really well- just need to cut out the silly frees.

Our puck outs are a disgrace. Again.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mullinr2

God this is constipated hurling we are playing in the second half

• Registered Users Posts: 13,374 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Really struggling for the last 15 minutes.

Although great score from Donnelly just there now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

• Advertisement

I had hoped that we had left what we saw in the second half behind us this year

I don't mind us running out of legs against that Cork team but to revert to route 1 stuff for the entire second half again after playing so well in the first half is incredibly frustrating. Our puck outs are a major major problem. But simply put, they're just far better than us right now.

Cork made hard work of it even Kilkenny struggled so much to score from play in the second half. Cork's style of play is so so demanding in energy and accuracy of passing and movement that I would find it hard to see an All Ireland in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,374 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Played well in the first half, apart from some silly frees. Resorted to type in the second half with long ball after long ball driven down in to the forwards. Cork deserved the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭briancoolcat

Eoin Murphy is a liability in the goal great shot stopper but gives away stupid scores with misdirected passes and we revert to type as usual in the last fifteen minutes. Didn't work last year in the semi final and didn't work tonight and won't work in the modern game yet here we are agaiy. Hit and hope balls down on top of Walter Walsh and hope for a break. Jesus wept It's getting depressing being a Kilkenny supporter now.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mullinr2

All our problems laid bare in the second half. Cork were first to nearly every ball in the second half. The decent bit of hurling we did in the first half completely went out the window in the second half. I'm sorry but we won't be anywhere near good enough to win an All Ireland with with players like Walter and Cillian still making the 15. They just don't have the pace for it. Our puckout strategy was pure puke in second half and when they did go short they coughed up the ball and gave away silly points. We just don't have the skillful players to work the ball out of defence the way Cork, Limerick, Galway and Clare do. If we were in the other league group we would not have got out of that group. We will be lucky to get out of Leinster this year

What was all the booing for from the Cork crowd on the FEW occasions A Murphy was taking a free? God knows, Cork got the share of frees. Very unsporting behaviour.

You wonder what the management are looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Alonzo Moseley

Abolsutely ragged 2nd half display. Not a single puck out won all half. Accuarcy brutal. When a game is there to be won you have to have accuarte shooters and we didn't have them on field.

I said last night that I felt we were fooling ourselves on 4/5 players, the 2nd half today confirmed it to me.At least 4 players 9-15 aren't up to it or are past it.

Backs mostly ok but Deegan had one of his shaky games. Butler and Carey looked nailed on.

James Maher and Donnelly have to start in championship

• Advertisement

Advertisement