Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So who has covid? Nov 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭hopgirl

After two years I tested positive on Tuesday. So far its very mild like a mild head cold. I have no aches or pains so far. I sounded like a head cold that seems to have gone now and my nose is not blocked anymore. I have still got a bit of a cough tho. My family was/is worried as I had only got the two vaccines.

• I was convinced I was off to meet my maker for a period on Tuesday night as I struggled to breathe and today I'm absolutely fine. As quick as it came on it cleared up.

By a distance, the sickest I've probably ever been. I never get colds or flus in the normal seasonal stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Finally had a normal ish bowel movement today but I feel exceptionally tired.

Was supposed to go back to work today but that’s not happening any time soon

Not sure how much more I can take of this.

After sleeping for 3/4 hours I got up and had a shower and I feel like I’ve run a marathon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

I too joined the club. Felt like crap Monday, figured it was just from the weekend. Slept a lot on Monday but tested negative. Tuesday I was tired, had a headache and slept a couple of hours during the day, but still tested negative. I tested positive (v faint line on a nasal swab) Wednesday and today I was much the same - 2/3 hour naps, completely fatigued, serious brain fog as well. I was going from hot to cold, raspy cough etc. Had a 3 hour sleep today and woke up still tired, but about 2 hours later I was fine, went from being barely able to get off the couch this morning to being out in the garden working away in the afternoon and at the moment I feel completely normal - hopefully on the far side of it now

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Day 3 (48 hours after testing positive)

Day 1 I'd have described it as worse than a cold but not as bad as flu, yesterday I'd have described it as close to the flu, today I would describe it as certainly a flu, but a fairly moderate one.

Woke up with a banging headache, constantly having to clear my throat, using far more tissues since I woke up than yesterday and a cough seems to be developing. Tested positive with a massive thick red line so it's clearly well hold of me now.

I've had three vaccines and hate to think what it would be like if I hadn't have had any. It's not fun and for all those people saying it is nothing really are wrong.

I was working from home Wednesday and Thursday, but today I've agreed with my boss to do a half day as not feeling that great.

Really not feeling good this afternoon, rest of my body feels a bit weaker, constantly having to clear my throat and it feels like a bit of light pressure between back of my throad and top of my chest. I can still breathe okay, but feels a bit weird.

I found lying on my side helped with the feeling of pressure on the chest.

I still feel weak, tired. Sometimes short of breath, though no struggle with breathing.

I don't feel as sick as earlier this week, but I'm still not right.

Still testing positive as of today. I didn't expect that to change but I thought I'd check.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I've been testing neg the last few days. So less the a week +.

Still feel a bit under the weather but not too bad over all. Rough first 36 hours and then just standard cold/after flu unpleasantness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,327 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

avoided it til now, dont generally get ill very often, kids have had it and my wife but i never picked it up.

Symptoms since last friday and tested positive on Monday, pretty much a light flu, was able to work etc but felt a bit tired in the evenings, had a persistent cough for 2-3 days, all symptoms gone now and managed a 6k run this morning.

Light dose in my case, have been vaccinated.

Thanks, helps a tiny bit, I had ordered an oximeter off Amazon, they were due to deliver today to me in UK but they had to cancel as they are short on drivers.

Meanwhile local pharmacy is also closed due to lack of staff and taxi drivers are being asked to pick patients up due to shortage of ambulance drivers.

Totally mad here, apparently 4.2m people have COVID this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Liberty_Bear

Ive friends experiencing it at the moment and they are finding it tough. One has breathing difficulties but its the one with underlying conditions Im worried about.

There also seems to be a depression that has come with it among some I know :(

• My symptoms started Saturday, tested positive Sunday. Overnight Tuesday/Wednesday morning the worst will all symptoms.

Today I'm fine but just the no taste and severe brain fog left. Still testing positive. Was trying to focus today on spreadsheets and it was impossible. No clarity of thought. Hopefully them last items clear up over the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I just got over it 12 days since first symptom of a slight sore throat which was exactly 10 weeks after I got my Moderna booster which is the efficacy drop off point with the booster

It developed into something similar to a heavy cold but with a quite a number of spells short of breath, aside from the breathing issues everything else felt just like some of the viral crap you picked up pre-2020

Nearly everyone I know who has had covid recently is taking about 10 days to clear the virus then I'm reading reports today that the government are planning to reduce the isolation period down 5 days so don't know what to think

From what I read you can still test positive, have some symptoms, yet not be contagious after a certain time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Finally succumbed after 2 years. On day 7 at this stage - got headachey watching six nations last Saturday night. Had two antigen (nasal swabs) Sunday morning - both positive and then pcr later that day - also positive.

So for 6 days I’ve had fatigue, blocked nose, aches and pains, nausea, no appetite, sore throat and cough in the mornings but wears off during the day - seriously tired - sleeping most of the days. I’m still positive by the nasal swab -work for myself in a health clinic - closed clinic all week and now moved Mondays patients.

I’m not as sick now as I was when first diagnosed but I cannot kill it off, no energy.

I’ve been tripled vaccinated and never felt so sick in my life and I’ve had pneumonia before.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭orlaxxx

In my early twenties - tested positive last Sunday on an antigen after being a close contact on St Patrick’s day.

Very little symptoms was a little tired and slightly blocked nose on Thursday but went for a 10K step walk today with no effects whatsoever.

Boosted since mid January

• Advertisement

Day 9, had to call out of hours GP last night because I couldn’t control the pain in my sinuses. Got steroids, antibiotics and different painkillers

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Just a tip for those with it.

Rest up - really you won't get back the expended energy so hold what you have.

Drink loads and loads of water.

If your nose or throat is blocked then don't snort or ingest the phlegm. Blow that **** out. Bring plenty of tissue. Even the smallest amount of phlegm or snot- get it out. Not in.

Masturbate as much as you can. Kinda sweats it out in a non aerobic way.

Make sure you eat plenty of food. Your body needs energy to fight it.

Agree with this 100%. I really need to clean my house after 10 days of this but worried I’ll smother my chest and as well as expending energy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,537 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Finally caught up on me too after two years. Antigen came up positive as I knew it would. Symptoms were/are very dry sore throat, aches and pains in body and general just weakness and lack of appetite.

This wave seems to be clearing out anyone that don’t get it the past few years…

I feel pretty good today, plenty of energy.

My lungs feel weak though. They've been through a war.

Hopefully it means I'm on the rise now.

• Advertisement

Walked half a mile to the shop and sane back with a break for coffee when I was there and slept for 2 hours when I got home.

Who said this was a cold?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭JP100

If you had a really bad cold or the flu for that matter, you would barely be able to get out of bed never mind be out and about in town, having coffees and walking over half a mile to the shops. It's hysterics like yours that attempts to unduly worry others who have not yet had Covid more than they actually need to be worried about catching it once vaccinated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,619 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

If you had been paying attention to the thread you will see it is Day 10 for this poster.

So maybe spare us the ranting when you cant even read 1 page worth of the thread. The only poster working themselves into hysterics appears to be you.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement

It's hysterical nonsense that then unnecessarily worries some people. In terms of his energy levels in particular, he simply has post viral fatigue and which is par for the course with many viruses we've always had to deal with and long before Covid-19 itself ever came along either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,619 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I thought you said if it was bad cold they wouldnt be doing those things?

Do you think the level of post viral fatigue is par for the course with a cold as for covid?

I think I speak for the vast majority if the people following this thread when I say the only hysterical nonsense is coming from you. Jumping down the throat of a poster for saying after Day 10 this isnt comparable with a cold in their experience!

Apparently its hysterical nonsense and unduly worrying people to say this has hit them harder than a cold.

I dont know what agenda you are trying to push here but you arent going to persuade anyone shouting hysterical nonsense in every post.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

to be fair any time I have had the flu I got post viral fatigue. Its normal to feel this tired after a virus, not just Covid. It can last for weeks.

It's a shame my experience is offending you so much. Maybe it's time to give the internet a break.

I can only report what I feel. If that offends you, I suggest you put me on your ignore list or something.

No need to get emotional and write a voluminous rant.

Anyway, my energy is a bit mixed today. I walked around the block today but felt a bit dizzy so I cut it short. Still feel a bit of heaviness in the lungs 🫁.

Definitely improved since yesterday.

Caught up with me yesterday,26th. Thursday lunchtime fine.....came on me during the afternoon.....by dinnertime sweating like a horse after grand national. 5AM Friday...antigen test POSITIVE / not surprised really. I'm really puzzled by where I got it though.....last2 yrs I was best boy in class for hand washing/ masks/ no crowds etc. Double vaccine plus booster.....still, there you go. Apart from headache symptoms not too bad......like lots of posters commenting...fatige is a BIG ONE. Took best dogs in Ireland out for just half an hour today .... came back & went into deep coma on sofa for over an hour. No issue with appetite.....eating like a horse. For first time ever I'm going to get value out of Netflix subscription

@odyssey06 It's hysteria driven as is your over the top response. I had Covid myself a few weeks back. I had similar symptoms and for a similar duration as to what the poster themselves are describing. Ultimately I was fine, as I'm sure the poster in question will be fine too the same way that Covid-19 is also now ultimately mild for the vast vast majority of people at this stage of the pandemic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Pretty sure people were dismissing Alpha when it was around too..

• Advertisement

• Everyone's experience is different. After all this time, do you not understand that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

The poster said he felt it was worse than a cold. You're the only one getting hysterical.

Obvious trolls are obvious.

Tested positive Thursday.

Absolutely fine bar a blocked nose and a slightly funny feeling in my throat

Nothing else wrong with me. I guess being triple vaxed makes all the difference.

Think I caught it in the Olympia Tuesday night, my mate who was with me also has it but is a bit sicker than me.

That's good you can kinda "nail down" the source.........im totally baffled where I contracted it....not a clue...... anyhow, it is what it is, I often hear people bitching& whinging that there's nothing good on Netflix..... now that I got time to do some serious watching I tend to agree....nowt much good on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Anjobe

Tested positive today for the 2nd time. After 2 years working from home was back in the office for a couple of days last week, 3 of my colleagues (that I know of) have now tested +ve.

So far just a blocked nose and a few aches and pains. Last time was just a tickly cough for a couple of days then a bit tired and achy for another couple. Hoping for something similarly mild this time🤞🏻

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,537 ✭✭✭✭road_high

The sore throat with it felt/feels pretty odd. Very dry with little phlegm, kind Uc like I’d imagine having a blunt razor blade stuck down there. The initial fever felt like the reaction I had post the vaccine/S so I knew it was it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Tested positive Wednesday, this thread has really helped me, laughter is definitely the best medicine.

Advertisement