Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia EV6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

I was told July/August at the earliest when I ordered my GT in Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

I was told when I ordered in Jan that there would be no issue getting one for July. All 3 dealers I went to told me that. I will drop in Monday and see what the latest is on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

Ok but world war 3 lite has broken out since January which massive impact on shipping and the global supply chain.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭burger1979

have a look at the above picture, its taken from KIA EV6 uk forum, and was posted by someone who got it from their dealer in the UK about current lead times and delivery times. A few people have posted it from that forum onto Facebook EV6 groups, and it appears genuine by the responses to it with posters saying that they got the same info from their dealers. So from reading the above, looks like December for every delivery!!!!?????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

We ordered a GT line at the start of the month and was told late summer. BS, I thought at the time. I’d say we’d be lucky to have it this year.

• Advertisement

I dropped into the dealer this morning. They said they don't really know when they will be getting them in. He said up until last week they could order Earth editions for delivery this year but now they can't.

Just saw the new Skoda Enaq Coupe this week on press releases. No price or delivery date as of yet but it looks good I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭AFOL

I think if you manage to order an Enyaq coupe when they launch you are looking at mid 2023

The important thing to note is that this isn't a Kia or even Hyundai group issues, this is global. Some variants will be easier to get than others due to demand but expect all the up coming EV car launches to be paper launches.

After looking at a few websites, they expect to be taking orders soon with delivery expected in early 2023. Sticking with my Kia EV6 either way but would have made my decision a little harder if it was to be released sooner.

Post edited by toe_knee on

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

We've put down a €500 deposit on a EV6 earth recently. Local dealer told me they're only taking orders from around the local area as he's been getting calls from as far as Galway. Kildare based dealer.

Honestly I got the impression I'm one of the last orders they were willing to take. Looking likely to hopefully be driving it March 2023 with all that is going on. No promises though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,725 ✭✭✭creedp

Manufactures are taking the mick at this stage. What's the point of launching new cars that cant be bought? Even worse is the pretence that a model of car is available but in reality they cant tell when you can actually buy it. Seems to me there are a lot of excuses being offered to cover up for the fact that supply chain system is badly broken ..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

What excuses are being offered? The excuses I’ve seen are the real supply chain issues, so they’re hardly covering it up, as you claim. The same issues are affecting other things too.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 acrmorris

Was told

I put a deposit down at the beginning of March for an Earth and was told I was one of the last build tickets for July delivery, but the same dealer is no longer taking deposits for 2022. Seeing will definitely be believing for EVs for the foreseeable future unfortunately, but I'll keep my fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Ryano87

My local dealer is taking no more orders and are having trouble fulfilling current orders of both Earth and GT. They are unable to give me any sort of lead time on my November order unfortunately.

Promised me they'd let me know the outcome of an upcoming meeting on the issue of delayed deliveries with Kia

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭cromelex

I put my deposit for a Earth just before Christmas, for a March delivery, dealer said this week that it should be with them in 2 or 3 weeks time, so at least it's not looking terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭TOLLOT

Hi folks

did anyone get a hitch yet with their EV 6. I’m keen to get sorted to transport bikes

thanks .

If they're estimating that, it means it's on a boat. Takes 6 weeks to get here.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Ryano87

GT line. They had an earth in the showroom I was offered for Jan registration but tbh I wanted GT line so don't regret it.

I know it's not their fault at all but waiting a year for a new car is madness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

I got a call to say that they expect mine to land early April. I only put my deposit down in February. So delighted with that.i have also asked for a tow bar on mine will see how it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

Earth spec. Colour - dealer said no point in picking as they have no control on what was going to land. But think I got a steel grey. The yacht blue or red look gorgeous, but what harm. They all look lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Nellakram

Is anyone seeing their scheduled Charing times been deleted every few days ?

I have it set up for midnight to 8am repeating daily. But every few days it keeps getting wiped.

any help ?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Was doing the same to me.. Wasn't happy when i woke up expecting 80% battery and only having 28% as a result i never use the onboard software it's just so unreliable.. I have a zappi charger set to scheduled charging and the car set to 80% charge limit and hasn't let me down once

Thanks for the advice eventually got around to fitting my dash cam

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Nellakram

Many thanks for the reply.

I too have a zappi charger but I don’t have the hub unit. I guess that this is where you are setting your scheduled charging ?

Thanks

Yes i have the hub... you can buy online much more intuitive get your installer to fit

.. It's charging now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭ec_pc

Same here, well worth the €100 for the hub which we use to schedule charging rather than rely on the car scheduling. However, the app can randomly set the AC and DC limits back to 50% so I have to check that everytime we go to charge. Anyone else have this issue? App is installed on 2 iphones, both set to 80% but random 50% setting keeps coming back.

Advertisement