Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Race Thread 2022 **spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,265 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

If Ineos give Eddie any backing at all tomorrow he’ll win it. Nothing too scary in that profile

He's done quite a few of these Italian races backing the likes of Moscon in last few years, hopefully they back him for the stage aswell as the GC.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,242 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Cavagna & Cerny are 8mins ahead with 20km to go at Coppi e Bartali, so will take any bonus seconds, all Eddie has to do is finish with Tullett and he's won.

Catalunya looks interesting Carapaz and Higuita have attacked and got 3 mins with 50k to go, Higuita only 9s behind at the start of the day

Get him to the Giro in support of Carapaz.

Post edited by retalivity on

Uno X came up there for a while to help but they're gone. Hopefully the two lads can hold them off.

• Advertisement

Ayuso attacks on the descent and drops his teammate, probably out of the Leaders jersey.

Is this Movistar in disguise?

It's brilliant to watch , Ayuso looks to have lost comms with the car or at least pretending to 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 38,172 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Interesting final stage to the Volta. Carapaz will surely go in the attack, Higuita has been brilliant so far.

Stage has a serious climb early on so you'd expect there'll be attacks there, if nobody gets away then the puncheurs will fancy their chances but I'm expecting attacks early and the GC boys up there and the likes of Poels who is a likely type for the stage win.

Kruijswijk on the attack at the minute. De Gendt won this stage last year when he attacked with Mohoric.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I'm trying to watch Gent and GCN is acting the **** again, can't cast. Volta is ok strangely

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement

When was the last time Gent - Wevelgem started anywhere near Gent?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,728 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Oh that crash has caused splits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

Sam seems to be going ok here although it looked like Ryan Mullen had dropped a chain there a minute ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

Spring classics in dry, bright sunshine is just wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Sam clinging to back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

Rather special result in GW - won by Eritrean rider Biniam Girmay. Won in a strong sprint from a late 4 man breakaway including Laporte, Van Gestel and Stuyven.

Sam was last to finish, about 9 minutes down but seemed determined to hang on to the rouleurs/ puncheurs as far into the race as possible.

Ellen Van Dijk was some engine in the finale of the womens race. Thats 3 wins in a week at world tour level for Balsamo.

Caught the last 50km of the French race there too, and another one I'd not seen before and it was racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,392 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I had it on while on the turbo this morning (so watching in between intervals) - Sam seemed to get over the last time up the Kemmelberg with Jakobsen just clinging on to the main group, but that group never made it back on to the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,172 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Grace Brown impressed me in that race, I can see her doing very well this season.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Lanterne Rouge giving an overview of Eddie Dunbar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu18fqonOqk

Pog in action tomorrow and at La Ronde on Sunday. Has a TdF winner ever won Tour of Flanders other than Merckx?

Sagan is out so that means my main man Turgis should get the backing of the team and rightly so after Milan - San Remo. I really want this fella to win big.

10er on him at 40/1 why not.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,728 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Bobet definitely and there may be more way back before him but not any name who stands out looking at the winners list.

He has a great chance this year with none of the recent big 3 going well this season

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Just Bobet. Magni won it and the Giro 3 times each

I did not realise Pog was racing on Sunday, or today. Great stuff

Yeah he's trying to chase over a gap solo there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

I switched on around the 85km mark and it's been really good racing so far. Should be an interesting finale ahead.

From this group of love to see Politt do it.

Quickstep nowhere to be seen, again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Van Der Poel can never be accused of missing a turn in a group

Advertisement