Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

F1 2022 - Round 2: Saudi Arabia

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,278 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Feck sake, Sky Sports trying to make out that Verstappen and LeClerc are sworn enemies.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Haas confirm mick out tmrw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Joeface

So no car ...or is Fitapldi in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Something about the white line entering the pits or to that effect.

Horner said other cars were doing it also and didnt seem that worried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Joeface

Ah ! Replacements have to have participated in Qualification

Danny Ric 3 place grid penalty for impeding Ocon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,456 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I only got to see the highlights on Channel 4 but what a session. I intend to get Sky Sports live for the next race.

Delighted for Lewis and Mercedes. Could not have happened to a better team and they have no one to blame but themselves. Long may it last.

Delighted that Mick Schumacher is doing good. That was some crash.

Delighted for Sergio Perez. I hope he goes on to win the race tomorrow now.

Good to see Kevin Magnussen and Valterri Bottas doing good and the two Alpines too. Good to see.

I hope Mich Schumacher can race tomorrow.

Post edited by AMKC on

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭klose

Mick in confirmed as out, even if he was able to race the car is absolutely wrote off they'd hardly get it done in time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Watching the highlights now. If there's anything that will makes Lewis more likeable it's the stupid questions from the paddock and how he handles them.

So happy Mick is ok after that crash. Scary. Makes me nervous about how tomorrow will go. God knows what's going through the drivers' heads.

Also delighted for Checo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Its the only thing that can garauntee Merc won't capitalise in some extreme luck like 15 DNFs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

F1 is a roaming circus, they bring everything with them.

Don't think that's the case. Bunch of stuff was sent over for the race last year from the UK and with the short turn-around plenty was probably left. Also this track is temporary (different circuit for race from next year) so unlikely to have bought in all the necessary equipment.

Its the same track for the next 3 years, the race isnt moving.

They really need to have Carsten Tilke assess and change the track for the next 3 races.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Surely in that case, that truck would need to be registered in Saudi Arabia,no?

No it wouldn’t need to be registered as a temporary import and most likely not intended for public roads. .

It's not a temporary import if it's left since a year ago.

True.

It better not be there next year or I'll be reporting it! 😁

• Advertisement

Saudi Arabia might not have the same stringent vehicle registration/NCT/insurance laws that we have.

There’s a humanitarian mission from Ireland enroute to Jeddah right now. This group consists of Gardai, revenue, customs and social welfare officers.

😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Talk on Twitter that Hamilton believes Russell has a significantly different setup or engine modes (despite the team saying otherwise). Beginning of angst between the two?

There are foreign registered Dakar official cars going around for the last 3 years, so one road sweeper won’t be an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,404 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well sure anyone who watched qualifying yesterday could tell there was something different in that regard. They showed a shot of Hamilton staring at the back of his car yesterday and looking puzzled.

He was wondering why the flies were stuck to the back of it 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

Wonder about Lewis. For all of his chatter about rising above everything, he does seem to drop his head when things are not going his way. It's hard to explain.

He's obviously mentally very strong to have achieved what he has, and maybe that has papered over some cracks, but there does seem to be some kind of pattern where, when things don't go well, the head goes down and it's a conspiracy, the car, the FIA, whoever.

It's clear the car is poor at the moment (although I think it's probably just a case of getting to bottom of one issue before it all pulls together, rather than something terminal) but it's also possible he's just having an off day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,043 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Could it be Merc trying different things on each car hoping to find a fix and just went against Hamilton yesterday. I'm sure he'll finish in the top ten in the race.

I used to be a fan of Hamilton but he's changed so much in the last few years, if you watch press conferences and interviews around 2015,2016 etc he seemed a lot happier,having the crack with other drivers,taking part in skys silly interview games but now he seems like such a recluse, everything is serious, doesn't take part in anything. Its a shame to see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Perhaps his head wasn't in the game - of all the drivers who wanted to not race in Saudi, I would've expected Hamilton to be top of the list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,693 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Formula 2 Sprint result from yesterday has some Penalties applied:

Hughes who finished third had a slim skid plank so was DQ'd. That pushes Drogovich into the podium spot.

And Boschung given a 20 second penalty for being too far ahead of the grid box at the start procedure. That bumps Daruvala and Sato up the points positions into 7th and 8th.

Points after 3 rounds for top five:

1 L. Lawson 34

2 J. Vips 27

3 T. Pourchaire 25

4 F. Drugovich 18

5 R. Boschung 17

The Feature race features at 14:35hrs (Irish Summer Time).

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I said last year that this track is unsafe, I still think the same.

There's no point saying "thank God the cars are so well built that Mick wasn't hurt". That wasn't a freak accident like Grosjean, that could easily happen during the race. There's very little outs for the drivers here, only concrete walls, and if that happened during a race in traffic rather than qualifying you are talking serious injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

An article i read said Hamilton, Perez, Sainz, Gasly and Magnuson were the main group who wanted it cancelled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

If I was driving a car that I felt I couldn't trust or I was struggling to find the limit without going over it there's no way I would push it on this track, it looks like a track where the drivers really need to have faith in the car to push because the consequences of any f*ck up could be severe. With everything else that has happened id say he and most of the other drivers just want to get out of there now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,342 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

A real pity Vettel wasn't around. Things might have been a little different. If he was adamant it wasn't going ahead, there would surely have been others to chime in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Is that because of the explosion or their stance on gay people? Is Hamilton even out?

Would agree that's its a dangerous track but exciting.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I think things changed in 2016 when Rosberg beat him. Since then there has been a sense of entitlement driven by Toto.

Do we think Checo is free to win this or will his first job be to back the Ferraris into Max?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,342 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Take the win, absolutely. Trying to back the Ferraris would be ludricous considering how good they were last week.

• Advertisement

Depends how first few laps go. But if he gets out front and stays there they have to back him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

It's too early in the season to enact team orders I'd say. Especially with how strong the Ferraris are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,245 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Yeah RB priority will be to get points so Checo will be told to just go. If Max finds himself closing up to Checo near the end then maybe he will be told to yield for him but otherwise both will be told to just race.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭coltmaster

With the circuit and the challenge from Ferrari, I don't think RB can play games and get Checo to do anything funny, if he gets out in front , he should just head off and even Max help him win or garner more team points. We have to assume Mercedes will be back competitive at some stage, so harvest as many points as possible. It is funny all last season Hamilton fans all said they stopped development of 2021 car to focus on 2022 , yet the car got better as the season went on. Did they initially try this and then took focus off 2022 to get the 2021 car over the line ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Surely not, they would have had three cars on the go then.

I just think they got something fundamentally wrong around the engine which in turn is creating other major issues.

Seen a few mentions on SM about other Merc powered teams werent happy with delays in getting engines when developing developing cars. Nothing official but its points to them shifting focus a bit if there is even a hint of truth in it

Alpine seem to have their stuff together too

15 16 17 18 19 all Merc power. McLaren in 11 and 12. Russell scraped into Q3 IIRC. Have all 4 teams got it very wrong, or has one team got it badly wrong causing their customers to have major troubles.

Wouldn't be surprised if Aston Martin go elsewhere given how ambitious Stroll Snr is.

Horner spoke a few years ago about how they went with Honda because they had a major input in the engine development whereas Renault just gave them engines they developed and they had to work the aero package around what they were given.

• Advertisement

6pm start is a pain in the hoop! 😡

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,043 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Can't see RedBull giving orders to Checo, RedBull want to win the constructors so will want as many points as possible. Its nice to see two teams battling at the top rather than just two drivers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Instead of staring at the tv you will be staring at a dinner plate?

I'll be staring at the sky in a minute on one wheel! 😁

Heading out on the bike for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement