Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manchester Marathon Oct 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

Just checked event guide for expo location details and it does not seem to be confirmed yet - just says that they will mail us before..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

International runners must claim their bibs on Saturday 2nd April between 9:00 and 15:00 from our collection point located at UA92

Our team will also be available to help with participants who need a replacement bib or have questions about the event the following day. 

UA92 CAMPUS, TALBOT ROAD, TRAFFORD, MANCHESTER, M16 0PU

The location is close to the start & finish of the Therme Manchester Marathon, giving you an opportunity to plan your journey and see the surroundings. 

Manchester United will be playing at Old Trafford on Saturday 2nd April at 17:30. We therefore advise, if possible, to arrive earlier in the day to avoid the football crowds. 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

I've pestered them about waves etc and was told a start list would be published shortly. We're not the only ones, anyone outside England is considered an International runner and is getting feck all information

Email today with bib colour (Pink wave A) and lots of info for spectators, places to eat and entertainment (warning, Nathan Carter is playing in the Bridgewater Hall) !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭racersedge

Have to admit I expected to be in a deeper wave given that the predicted finish time for myself is now about 10-15 minutes lowered than what I originally signed up with. Pink A for myself as well. Be interesting to find out information about where the pacers are at mind you.

• Advertisement

yeah it is a strange one. last year i put a slower expected finish time and got red wave but now i am in pink.

dont care really, u can easily go into the red if u want.. nobody will be checking

I think for myself, probably all depends on where any available pacers are at. I’m assuming that the 3:30 would be in the Pink wave (roughly what I thought I could do when I started training) - feeling capable of more now so would probably be looking at what pacer is a little quicker than that. Will see when that info comes out and where they place them.

yeah best thing to do is just hang around at the tesco extra car park where they call the waves on the speakers and keep an eye out for the pacers you need and just follow them maybe!

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭marathon2022

Pink A for me too. Matching my shoes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Got my training done, went up mile each week and finished with 2 x 20 milers so it's been decent enough having had covid and missing the first 7 weeks of training, unfortunately I've tested positive again. I'm tapering at min so not missing the huge miles but it's just get around the course now fingers crossed. Bad timing

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I am going to head out to a parkrun close enough to the number pick up on the sat, trot that and then head over to the number pickup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Going down to the parkrun in Alexandra Park on the Sat morning myself. Heading up to the expo straight after. Haven't received a single thing off the organisers since I got confirmation of entry too, very strange. Tried reaching out to them but no response

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Unknownability

I found twitter the best way to contact them with any questions.

bit of a strange one from me but does anyone know if there will be any shower facilities after marathon?

have a late flight home on sunday and a shower before going for food etc and airport would be amazing

not expecting this will be possible but maybe there is a chance ??

I'm in pink wave A which has the 3.15 pacers, pink B has the 3.30 pacers. Not in shape to run 3.15 so I'm gonna duck back and sit with the 3.30. I dont want to risk trying to run slow after going with the A wave and waiting for the B wave to catch me,could end up in no mans land for a long time !!!!

Stretford parkrun myself, seems to be within walking distance of the number collection. I had planned on going to Peel Parkrun but may aswell head out towards the number pickup.

I don't think there are showers at the finish. My hotel are acting the arse about a late check out so am lining up a gym near the finish that is £6 pay as you go

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Unknownability

That's correct no showers at the end.

The Radisson at the airport has a leisure centre that you can use for £6.50, 2-3 minutes walk from the terminal.

https://www.radissonhotels.com/en-us/hotels/radisson-blu-manchester-airport/spa

thanks for the info about showers, will also try find nearby gym or else maybe airport before flight. just over a week to go now! :D

• Advertisement

This was recommended to me by a local. Walking distance from the finish line

https://www.thegymgroup.com/find-a-gym/manchester-old-trafford/

thanks again

extra careful to dodge covid now until after the marathon at least lols

My hotel have finally given me a late check out. For another £20. I'm only doing it to avoid the hassle

travel chaos in dublin airport due to staff shortages, anyone flying over make sure to leave an extra hour or two on top of whatever u normally would just to be safe

Was only just sent that article. Adding fast track as a precaution methinks….

Even fast track has been a disaster lately.

yeah i heard that too, i would not book it in advance as you can pay when u get to the airport anyway, if it is really busy at fast track then no point paying the extra for it

i am on the 10.35 flight on saturday, i guess if i arrive at 7am or so it should be ok hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

And when heading home give yourself plenty of time to get through security.

Manchester airport security queue time is dreadful at the minute and the airport management have acknowledged this and said it’s expected to be ongoing .

My sister flew home to Madrid yesterday afternoon and was an hour in the Fast Track queue. I've booked already but sounds like it'll be poxy no matter what

• Advertisement

I know its a bit far out but the weather is looking good for racing sunday in Manchester✌️, almost no wind and 2-9°C start to finish tempertaure range. Bit of rain maybe but with the terrain it shouldnt be an issue(except for chaffed nipples)

6 days out so this could change

Advertisement