Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭AFOL

Any issues insuring a model 3 performance? I am fast approaching 40 with full no claims, no points etc.. I cannot get a price online. I am paying 400e a year now on a 280hp saloon but I see the insurance group on the M3P is 50 compared to 29 on mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I got a brilliant quote with AXA during the week. My renewal with 123 was €880. Online with AXA €503 and after making a telephone call they did it for €480!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

One big sleep until my 4th EV, pics tomorrow

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭bod71

Picked mine up yesterday, car was a bit dusty but other than that everything perfect, loving it so far.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Another stupid thing from the v11 update.

If I have the heating or air con off but want to turn my heated seat on, I have to turn back on the fan to bring up the seat icon, turn on the heated seat then turn back off the fan.

And still no way of knowing how long have my Spotify songs or podcasts been playing. Just that stupid sliding black bar.

Ordered a performance yesterday... with May as predicted delivery. I have an Enyaq ordered since December and still no solid delivery timeframe... Still not 100% which of the two I will buy.

Ended up being out of there within 5 minutes, car perfect, just dusty. Wee range test where I stuck to 100kms/hr on the way home, 129Wh/km. Car was on 64% at pickup. That's 400km range at 100kms/hr which is identical to my Model S which I handed over to new owner at pickup point.

Ride is absolutely fine, and that's coming from Air Suspension.

Cabin noise is very low, sound is not as bad as I was expecting once I adjusted the low frequencies in the audio settings.

Any questions, fire ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Bit jealous here seeing the collection pics. I was about to order a red RWD on 19s last week when I noticed the price increase. Delivery moved from Aug to Nov. It took the wind out of my sails. I've ordered a new Leaf Tekna for July instead. Everywhere is a wait of several months and I need something sooner. The L24 won't cover my commute when winter hits. I will likely get the 7 seater MY when they go on sale here.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

Just got an email reminder from Tesla about my delivery appointment... Like I'm going to sleep tonight never mind forget about it 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JOL1

I am enjoying my new toy (two days since delivery) and it drives so good. The only negative i have is the radio.i don't find the app intuitive and

I appear to have some difficulty setting stations up in Favourite list. Seems overly complicated for what should be a simple task ..perhaps its just me...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Use TuneIn for the radio stations, sounds 1,000 times better than FM radio.

Then try out the Spotify app. I never got on board the whole Spotify train when it first came out, but I do use it in the car (using the Tesla account), and it's fairly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭speedfreak

What’s the difference with the Tesla Spotify? Do people generally subscribe for premium connectivity or just hotspot off phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭eagerv

I am in two minds about subscribing to premium connectivity. I like the convenience of spotify, tunein, sat maps, live cam views on app, etc.

Will probably subscribe in less than a week when free trial month expires, do they do the yearly slightly reduced subscription?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

When I collected, the free trial lasted about 3 months.... I then lived without it for a month or 2, and subscribed in July 2020 for an upcoming road trip, and have kept it ever since.

Connecting to a hotspot was a pain, and had to be re-done every time you got back into the car (apparently a recent update has fixed this).

I much prefer the satellite map view, I also really like the live traffic data, and I like the ease at which everything is just connected, and no faffing around for myself or herself with hotspots...

As for Tesla Spotify, it's basically just a spotify premium account used by all Tesla's, so there are no ads. I don't use Spotify outside of the car, but I find it brilliant in the car for listening to albums, playlists (70's/80's rock etc...Christmas playlists..)

TuneIn is also very good as we listen to a few Lithuanian radio stations and the odd time a Mexican station based in L.A. (dont

Every morning doing the school drop off we have about 10-15 minutes outside school in the car so Junior BoBandy watches Youtube

€9.99 per month, or €0.32 per day for the premium connectivity is worth it in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭paulhardman

Just tune to whichever station you want to favourite, then tap the outline of the star, and it will be added to your favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭speedfreak

There is no longer a Tesla Spotify accounts for new owners, you must setup your own Spotify account, same with Tidal

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Premium is worth it for the cam viewer and satellite maps IMO.

I agree on the Satellite Maps, shame that can't be achieved over WiFi hotspot

• Advertisement

There is. I connected to it . You have option to key in your own account details (if you are a Spotify subscriber) or else just click the option "Use Tesla Spotify Account". it works perfectly. I am unsure if that functionality is associated with the Premium Connectivity or not....time will tell. When I collected my car the Tesla rep said continuing with Premium Connectivity is 9.99 a month but he "thought they offer an annual subscription for 99.

That's what I am using as well, didn't have a spotify account of my own. I don't see any €99 yearly offer though, looks like Ireland not getting that deal..

Definitely..almost looks like drone quality..i love it

I see a base new Model 3 on inventory atm at €52972, may suit someone in a hurry..

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Newoven

I've had my 2022 Model 3 RWD with the LFP battery for about a month now and I've just completed my first two decent return motorway journeys from Dublin to Dundalk and then Dublin to Cork. I charged at Castlebellingham supercharger with the session starting at around 125kw and then tailing off to 60kw approximately. This was the first Tesla supercharger charge I've done and I was a bit surprised by the performance. I can't remember the details of the SOC at the start (probably around 25%) on arrival but I had navigated to it so the battery should have been preconditioned. So a reasonable speed to start but not lightning fast. There was just one other Tesla there and we did not park near it so sharing the charger shouldn't be a factor.

On the way to Cork I started out with 55% and stopped at the Ballacoola supercharger. There were no other cars at the station and I did navigate to it so the battery should have been preconditioned. When I plugged in I had 17% SOC. The charge rate reached 120kw or thereabouts but then tailed off pretty quickly so by the time the SOC passed 50% it was down to 70kw or so and dropped to below 50kw from SOC of around 65%. I know there's a charging curve and it must tail off but I was hoping to see a higher rate for longer.

Before leaving Cork I stopped at the Mahon supercharger and plugged in. There was a Model S charging but not at the same pair of chargers as me so I don't think it would have been an issue. This time the SOC was 20% and I never saw more than 85kw and again it tailed off really quickly to a steady flow around 50kw. On this occasion I didn't have time to precondition the battery so that is probably part of the issue but it still seems much slower than I expected.

Anybody got comparable experiences? I watched a Bjorn Niland video where he suggested Tesla might set the cars up for conservative charging until they have enough data to confidently adjust it in a software update but I'm a bit concerned that it's just my car that's charging slowly. Or maybe it speeds up as the car gets more mileage and more charging sessions under its belt?

Haven't much experience myself yet on my LFP, but seems fast compared to other cars I have experienced. Charged to 100% a few times and was impressed how quickly goes from say 70-98%. In most other cars you would stop at 80% due to the throttling, but the Model 3 seems to hold at least 40kW up to very close to full.

Castlebellingham and Ballacolla are V2 SuC so cannot meet the 160kW speed your Model 3 can handle.

Mahon Point is currently the only V3 SuC in Ireland so can hit the max 160kW your car can handle, there is no load sharing at V3 chargers so you can charge next to any stall in use without any throttling worries.

Although you preconditioned, the battery to needs to be 40degrees to hit maximum charge speed so don't underestimate how long that takes. Especially so when in cold time of the year.

SOC also needs to be very low for maximum charge speed.

So in summary, if you arrive at Mahon after long trip in July and your SoC is 8% then you will hit the 160kW charge rate and taper down as your session progresses.

The SuC network is not designed to charge your car to a high SOC, it's designed to get you a quick top up in order to make it home or onto the next SuC stop. Last year I was in Cork and arrived at Mahon in single digit SOC, I charged for 15 minutes then left for Ballacolla where I stopped for another 15 minutes which was plenty to get me home. If I was to have stayed at Mahon with the intention of skipping Ballacolla then I would likely had a 40min single charge session...

If a model pops up there that suits... can you update your existing order to take one?

Yes, but will probably be at the new price. Give them a shout if you are interested..

• Advertisement

Cheers... nothing there at the moment.. I would take the white performance if it had a black interior. But will keep an eye on available stock... I ordered grey but really I would take white, blue or black if one came up

Advertisement