Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elden Ring (George RR Martin and From Software)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Just beat Malekith, pain the hole. I beat the first phase 3 times without any hassle and all 3 times the second phase of the boss insta-killed me seconds after the restart, I had no chance. 4th time around I managed to get away before he killed me and let the mimic take him on, only just managed it in the end. He is the first boss to have killed my +10 mimic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

I actually got to the grace at the top via ladder outside - the 2 guards i only see them when i go down from the grace there ha (and i just realized last night that I could go to the bottom from their room).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'll have to look again, I went up those steps to the left and was met with either a door that 'doesnt open from this side' or 'locked', I cant remember which.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,596 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Pretty sure that door is a shortcut from the boss back up to the site of grace.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Godskin Apostle? I didnt see any way up from there, there was one of those little wisps that lets you return to the entrance alright though. I saved my game immediately outside the tower, so will have a look again later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Stormveil Castle is very annoying to get around. I just keep going in circles even following a guide. Ditching it and going somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,161 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Fúck those giant bears. They are relentless.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭CptMonkey

Ya I found it tricky to navigate. I have been trying to go down to find a dungeon but always end up getting lost. Will look at a walkthrough once I finish the game

52 hours in and I finally venture into Raya Lucaria. I wanted to go here about 20 hours ago but kept getting sidetracked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Died too many times last night fighting the boss rider on the bridge at limegrove. Why does L3 pushed have to make you dismount.

Camera angles aren't the best when mounted so when doing sharp turns I kept dismounting fecking up my battle.

Got it done in the end, what should have took 10mins took over an hour.

Loving the game to be fair tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Finished it in Friday there. Save scummed a couple of endings. Was about 70 hours and lvl 140 at the end I think. The later bosses seemed to be dropping about 3 lvls worth of runes. Looks like I missed a couple if optional bosses for achievements and need to go under the capital also. Not sure what next might be time to go back to horizon.

I'll stand by earlier comments with regards to difficulty. With the tools/weapons available and the open world aspect it is too easy to be over levelled. One shot most bosses. Had s bit of difficulty at final one. So it's no Sekiro in that regard and lacked a sense of achievement for me

Finished it. I was over-levelled (lv 165) with 2 +10 weapons and a +10 mimic, and still had a hard time with the final boss, don't know how anyone could manage that around level 100.

My enjoyment of the game was going down towards the end there. I don't think it was the game's fault, but after 4 weeks and 70 hours I was just getting burned out. I didn't go into NG+ so the plan is to maybe come back to it later in the year if/when the DLC comes out and do the rest of the optional bosses/areas. I definitely won't be playing it from scratch again.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,348 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Discovered the bottom part of Volcano Manor, and I really wished I didn’t. Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,808 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm on the boss from lake of rot, Jesus what an unpleasant place. Google tells me I'm nearing the end of Ranni's quest. I have no idea what's going on but I'm captivated.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

**** those **** chariots in the dungeons. 😂

The openness of this game can be head-wrecking. Finding myself crippled by indecision at times.

"I was there before and couldn't progress. Can I now?"

"Where is this NPC?"

"Progress story or explore more?"

"There was this door I couldn't open. Can I now?"

So much to keep track of.

I stopped bothering with them. Spent ages on the one at the start of the game, only to make it to the boss and get 1-shotted every time I tried, never went back. I found a catacomb later in the game and one spawned in front of me, I just turned around and left. Best thing about Elden Ring is how you can always do something else.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Spent a few hours on Malenia last night. Will spend a few more tonight and maybe beyond 😓

Whatever about the healing, the fight would be much more manageable if it wasn't for one specific attack (you know the one) that seems straight-up broken.

I summoned a few times before calling it for the night, and even the absolute best players often had little chance of survival once that attack came out. It is survivable if you're really lucky, but jaysus it really feels like one of the most bullshit moves I've ever come across in a video game!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Was the first time I came across them after 60+ hrs in the game surprisingly, got past them after several deaths only to get smashed by a pair of knights with wings at the end of the dungeon. Was the first time playing the game in a week so said feck that and went elsewhere in Atlus. Trying to figure out how to get into the city, remember JU saying there was a boss of some sort blocking the entrance but haven't found him yet. Ended up in some festival town so will finish that this evening instead.

And it'd just about cross the line into being not-bullsh*t if it wasn't for the fact she heals when she does damage. The mimic can tank the hit, but she gets a huge chunk of health back because of it.

All strategies for avoiding it I've seen involve having to pretty much already be running away when she starts, then very specific dodge directions, and even then they still get hit half the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭Cordell

Is it the flower power attack? Spam dodge into and not away from her then on the side, easy peasy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Finally finished up Liurnia of the Lakes. That places was massive. I've decided to go back to Caelid and follow Ranni's quest line. Caelid is miserable but way more manageable at level 74.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Exactly, the time to react is tiny and the arena is too small to fully leg it away. I've got the dodge timing perfect once or twice by sheer fluke, but any mistake at all in the flurry and it's basically back to grace.

Nah, that's easy enough to avoid. It's the whirlwind combo attack.

If you want to get into the City there is an entrance further past the main closed one. Keep following along the route that you arrived by and go up the hill past the erd tree. You will see a path up that leads to the wall of the City. And yes there is an enemy guarding it but its not too bad.

Nah it's her Waterfowl Dance attack. The one that'd be difficult to deal with in Sekiro never mind Elden Ring. The flower drop one can be tough when she does it mid-fight just in case you find yourself too close to a wall and dodge the wrong way, but at the start of the second phase it's pretty easy to deal with after the first few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭Cordell

Yeah, that one sucks, but you really should be able to tank one or two for the team, otherwise the mimic gets it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Finally beat Malenia, f*ck me that was a frustrating boss, by far the toughest I've faced in the game. First and only time I've had to summon in another player, and I don't feel one bit guilty about that given her moves! Feels like my build isn't best set up to tackle her - the guy I summoned in had some sort of sorcery that stopped her in her tracks a few times, and even then it was an awful slog and he didn't make it to the end.

I've seen it described as just how a certain boss in Sekiro seemed to pop up and was like a Souls boss, Malenia is like a Sekiro boss which popped up in Elden Ring.

Post edited by shrewdness on

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Just got this recently. Man I'm loving this game, but realising I'm fairly crap at it ha. Level 21 and still can't get past the first troll you meet at Stormgate. I know you can probably cheese it past but my OCD won't let me. Still have other bits I can do in Limgrave though. The game is great like that, if you're stuck on one thing there's always something else you can go to do

There are a fair few items you can get very early that will give you a huge leg up, they obviously vary depending on your build. For example if you were playing as a mage I would tell you to go and get the meteorite staff and Rock Sling sorcery. Just do a google for early powerful items for your class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

beat rhadan the first time what's the fuss WAHAT's THE FACKAING fass. if it wasn't for mw2 this would be the greatest game eva

Advertisement