Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Surrender

Same here. Any ideas as to where it went wrong?

All I remember is the first time I did it I didn't have an account and also there was a checkbox to confirm it had a battery. On my second go I created an account and never had the battery checkbox (don't know what I did differetly). Anyway they collected it Thursday and I have a delivery estimate of Wednesday. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭CtrlAltDelete

Hello all, I am sure this has been covered already but with 55 pages on this thread alone my apologies in advance.

I am an infrequent Amazon user. I have a .co.uk account. I had voucher credit to use up on it since before Brexit ( I know ) and I used it today. Am I likely to be hit with import duty? I availed of a free 30 day offer for Prime prior to ordering.

I have looked into setting up a .de account and getting Prime through that going forward but I see they do not ship outside Germany & Austria. So, my question is what account are republic of Ireland people using and are they you getting hit with import duty?

Many thanks in advance,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Depends on the value of the goods and the seller. If sold by Amazon themselves the duty and VAT are included in the price paid. It gets messy with third party sellers

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Amouar

Does anyone knows when Amazon will start shipping food items to Ireland again? They have stopped since Brexit and I'm missing all the good food deals that Amazon has :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭deezell

Foodstuffs from non EU sources are subject to checks on entry, so a big casualty of brexit, and I don't see how they can operate it for individual packages, it's hassle enough for the bulk importers like Tesco, and it's what's getting up the noses of the unionists in NI, the thoughts of EU checks on UK to NI deliveries. They can probably still get personal food packets through in the post though.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Probably not till amazon Ireland warehouse set up and we have a warhouse here in Ireland with stock in it, which is hopefully this year

That model would work, though it would probably only suit groceries with reasonable shelf life. You can't have failed to notice the very English food supply company Wiltshire Farms, who deliver 'TV dinners' to your door. Their market seems to be pensioners judging by the ads.

OP, What kind of food were you bringing in? Luxury? Exotic? Fresh, frozen etc. I'm curious, it would never have crossed my mind to buy edibles from Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭notAMember

Not OP, but pre-brexit I used to buy chocolate pellets from Amazon for baking. And also real maple syrup. The maple-flavoured sugar water here isn’t the real thing.

I found a French non Amazon supplier for the chocolate. Doing without maple syrup.

• Advertisement

Prime delivery seems to be gone for Ireland again, at least the speed. Was ordering something last night, everything was delivery next Monday or Tuesday. Was looking at phones on Sunday and fastest from UK was Saturday but I could get 2 day delivery from Amazon Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Just noticed the same myself. Everything I checked is next Monday or Tuesday. Ordered something on Sunday evening and it arrived yesterday so has only changed in the last couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭VG31

The same thing happened about two weeks ago and it went back to normal after a few days. Hopefully it's the same this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭I am me123

Anyone know if there are delays with deliveries from Amazon at present?

I ordered a parcel from Amazon with an estimated delivery date of later this week.

I have n't yet received a dispatch confirmation email for the package.

I sent off an Xbox Series S on Wednesday for return, and it got to the Amazon Warehouse in Portlaoise earlier today.

Does anyone know if they consider it back in their possesion now? Or am I waiting until it gets back to the UK?

It says in the "Return Centre" that it's still "on the way back" to them.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Depends, sometimes I get instant refunds as soon as an post scans the return label, and some times I get refunds 14 days after I returned the order. You can always contact customer service and ask

Did just that. What I got back in an email:

This is X from Amazon, following on from our chat I wanted to confirm your return has been received and is being processed.

In the unlikely event we encounter any issues while processing your return, we'll contact you by e-mail.

Once your return has been completed, we'll request your refund

See my post above. Item arrived today, ordered last Monday, dispatched Saturday night. Everything I looked at last week was minimum 6 days delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

A lot of my recent Prime deliveries are arriving quicker than signalled.

Five items ordered Sunday - on ordering, I was told three would arrive Wednesday and the other two on Thursday.

Both packages arrived around 3.30pm today.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Chopper Dave

I’m seeing packages coming a day or so earlier than scheduled but the scheduled date has definitely moved out alright with most Prime, in stock products taking almost a week to arrive as opposed to the usual two days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭ablelocks

i got an automated call on my mobile today about renewing my prime membership at the annual rate - i'm paying monthly and the dates the bot quoted don't add up - press 1 to pay now was the only option so i'm assuming it's a scam. number was +353 (87) 5296740 -

You can't even reply f** off to the number, as its possibly some poor innocent's number which is being spoofed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Gru

Amazon is being funny for me,

ordered things with free delivery no prime, and they arrived much quicker than expected and even days before they were due,

ordered an item and needed it quick so paid for priority delivery for today, they sent it with Regular An Post shipping and its not getting here today, might have it tomorrow and maybe Tuesday, ordered it last Sunday. They are blaming the "carrier" but i told them that was nonsense as they only dispatched it yesterday. to say i'm annoyed...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Everything now, even if faulty you have to return yourself, it seems. No more return labels by the looks of it. PITA.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

if they only dispatched a priority order from saturday yesterday then get on to customer service chat and tell them you want a refund of the extra you paid for priority delivery. dont take no for an answer. If they keep saying no then ask for a supervisor. be persistent

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Has anyone ever received what reads almost like a warning email from Amazon about refunds? My last two items bought I asked to return them, in both cases they processed a refund but said not to worry about returning them. Now yesterday they send me this email below

Hello,

We recently reviewed your Amazon.co.uk customer account for order activity details. Your order history shows that you have received a high number of refunds for your orders.

We know that occasional problems with orders are expected in the normal course of business. In these instances, a refund or replacement may be issued.

You can learn more about our policies in the Voluntary Returns Guarantee section of the Conditions of Use & Sale, available at the link below:

www.amazon.co.uk/help/conditionsofuse

Not sure where they are going on the "high numbers of refunds", if an item is crap Im going to ask to return it and am more than willing to post it to them if they want, its not my fault they are telling me not to return it.

Anyone come across this before?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

My wife got the same email last year, we couldn't really understand it as she had returned only two low value (€10-€20) items ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah both my items were low value too. I think it might be becasue Amazon often dont ask you to return the item but just refund it so they're probably wary of people taking advantage. Was still a bit miffed about it especially as the second return was a black Echo Dot that they sent out packaged with a white cable which looked stupid. I just asked them to send me a black cable and they couldnt do it so instead the customer service solution was for me to buy a black cable on Amazon and they would refund it. So that obviously logged on their system as a refund rather than the return I wanted and that generated this warning type email.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Just got an An Post prepaid return label from Amazon UK this morning

They posted out an expensive box set (containing an LP, two CDs & two DVDs) with no packaging - just an address label sticker on the shrinkwrap. Inevitably it's full of dents and scuffs. So back it goes; replacement ordered.

"Please put it in a cardboard box this time."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Haven't read this thread in full, but I have an item I need to return to Amazon UK.

I got a Return Mailing Label, plus a second label titled "International Customer Return" in red letters. No mention of "An Post" anywhere.

Do I just drop the box with these on them to An Post, or do I need to ask them to issue me with a separate style of return label, specifically targeted at An Post?

Advertisement