Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Menu Tasting

Options
  • 28-03-2022 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭

Just a quick question for those who have already done this how does it usually work ,

We have ours coming up in a couple of weeks and they asked us in advance to pick two options from each section (starter, Main , desert) to taste,

But surly the whole point is to taste a little everything so you know what two options you ware going to pick for people to chose from on the day ?

By just picking two kid of defeats the whole purpose or am i missing something ,

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

That's the way we did it and everyone I know has done it. They might be running a full service anyway, or are likely having a few tasting evenings being done on the night so having a tasting menu that takes in every possible course is somewhat unrealistic, and probably would be quite expensive for you too.

We adopted the approach of trying things that we don't see enough of on menus at weddings. Lamb instead of beef (and it was incredible) and something else that I can't quite remember. We didn't bother trying the fish, because that's something that can change frequently depending on availability.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,000 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

When we did it…… we didn’t have to eat for about a week after. We were treated to pretty much everything on the menu. We thought we would be getting little samples, but no, we got a proper portion of everything on offer, and if I recall it was up us if we wanted to rule anything out, which we did because we were force feeding ourselves

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I get ye so try the stuff you wouldn't normally eat ,

Ours is Sunday afternoon so that does make sense ,

Cheers for the reply

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Well the first part is up to you. We happened to have attended a wedding at our venue anyway so knew what some of food was like anyway so could be more flexible with the menu.

Also remember. They'll quite possibly do the bride and groom a specific dish on the day from their menu. but won't offer it to everyone else as they're cooking for a lot of people. So you can often choose the safe things that you know most guests will like, and still have something a bit different yourself.

Advertisement